PDA

View Full Version : I tried looking

tomford
April 5th, 2013, 06:00
I looked but couldn't find anything, does fsx aircraft work fine in here? do you just install it right in?

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great

Tom

Navy Chief
April 5th, 2013, 06:18
I looked but couldn't find anything, does fsx aircraft work fine in here? do you just install it right in?

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great

Tom

I have installed a few aircraft from FSX into P3D without any problems at all, so just copy/paste. Directories are the same, I believe. Am sure there are exceptions, but I haven't had problems yet. Enjoy. NC

TheGrunt
April 5th, 2013, 10:49
All FSX planes with just few rare exceptions do work just fine with P3D. VRS superbug being one as it checks the SimConnect version and refuses to work with newer version supplied with P3D. Most 3PD payware producers allow the use of their FSX models (and scenery) with Prepar3D, but of course offer no support for it. Some manufacturers don't allow the use in P3D in their EULAs, so installing payware stuff requires some checking before installing. If I remember correct, Flight1 and PMDG don't allow their products in P3D.

If you are going to move aircraft manually to P3D, you have to remember to move all possible cauges and effects that aren't in the simobjects folder too. Easiest way is to install everything using FSX to Prepar3D migration tool which can be bought from Simmarket. That changes registry settings in the way that installers point everything to correct P3D folders.