PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard Cams

Ickie
April 5th, 2013, 05:12
I bought this morning a dashboard cam, due to resent events in russia and the vid's coming out with all the crazyness and liars out there. I have found many to choose from, the dashboard camers's that is. here is the one I ordered today for $16.40 & free shipping, http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=Vehicle+IR+Car+Dash+Camera+Road+Recorder+Dash board+A1&_sacat=0&_from=R40 ,
The memory card cost me another 20 bucks for 32 gig's. :mixedsmi:

If maybe we all get one, lol, I will start a new forum, "Dash Cam's"

I wish I had a camera yesterday, this 20ish kid walked in front of my truck at a traffic light and he was picking his nose. I yelled at him, lol

Dangerousdave26
April 5th, 2013, 11:49
Let us know how it works out when you get it. I might be interested if I knew it worked well. We have the same kind of nuts on the east coast of Florida.

HighGround22
April 5th, 2013, 12:56
Thanks for this thread, Ickie! I had no idea that these gadgets were so plentifully available, here in NA.

And I see that Amazon has a nice, wide selection of them, too.

Toastmaker
April 5th, 2013, 15:27
Yeah, they could produce some fun footage. . . but remember that the dash cam data can also be used against the owner in either criminal or civil proceedings.

:running:

Daveroo
April 5th, 2013, 18:40
Yeah, they could produce some fun footage. . . but remember that the dash cam data can also be used against the owner in either criminal or civil proceedings.

:running:

how so?.....not trying to be a dunce here...but how would it be a bad thing?......i can see DUI..hit n run...something like that.

Toastmaker
April 6th, 2013, 07:55
Yeah, those kinds of things. I was speaking of scenarios where the owner of the cam might be at fault, or even criminally liable for something. If it can reasonably be deemed evidence in a vehicle accident or other investigative event, it can be confiscated by the police and used against the owner. Or, later, it could be subpoenaed in a civil lawsuit.

Ickie
April 22nd, 2013, 11:02
I received the unit today, pretty dam nice, lots of features and playback is up to 1900 x 1400 full HD, I havent tried it that high yet as to my 1 gig card. I did order a 32 gig card today will be here friday and it is a fast 30 mb one too, with no adapter, lol.
I will keep you all updated as things happen, I have to remember to turn off the video sound, because of my bad mouth.(everything is a son-of-a XXXXX) or (basXXXX)

note the 32 gig card cost more than the unit, lol

Terry
April 22nd, 2013, 12:59
I received the unit today, pretty dam nice, lots of features and playback is up to 1900 x 1400 full HD, I havent tried it that high yet as to my 1 gig card. I did order a 32 gig card today will be here friday and it is a fast 30 mb one too, with no adapter, lol.
I will keep you all updated as things happen, I have to remember to turn off the video sound, because of my bad mouth.(everything is a son-of-a XXXXX) or (basXXXX)

note the 32 gig card cost more than the unit, lol

A lot of dash cam footage is run on the TV show Worlds Dummest on the TRU network, mostly Russian. I'll be waiting to see yours, let us know when you send it in.

LonelyplanetXO
April 22nd, 2013, 19:45
I have one exactly the same as that and although it works really well it's developed a problem. Currently on my desk awaiting attention when I have the time. I like the fact that plugged into a power source it turns on and off automatically with the ignition. One thing I haven't figured out is if it automatically overwrites the oldest entries in the memory card, or whether I have to periodically download/delete the contents. I suspect the latter but with a 64Gb card that wont be too often.

LPXO

Ickie
April 23rd, 2013, 03:53
the instructions are spotty and sorta linix, but I will figure it all out, at the moment I am overwhelmed :mixedsmi:with all that it can do, heck for $22 bucks:icon_eek: it is sorta cool.:icon_lol:

kilo delta
April 23rd, 2013, 05:01
I bought the exact same one about 18 months ago. Footage is okay, but bear in mind it is (or at least the model I'm using) upscaled to HD, so image quality isn't the best. I tend to run mine on battery alone as trailing a cable to a suitable power feed would impede gear shift selection. The downside to this is that I never remember to recharge the unit! :icon_lol:
I believe the same battery is used in some Nokia cell phones,so I'll probably pick up a spare,higher capacity battery at some stage in the future.

Ickie
April 24th, 2013, 16:19
I got my class 10, 30 mbps, sd card
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251158729848?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I installed it and more features came up which wasn't there yesterday, so I'd say it needed this fast memory card, reading at 30 MB's per second to do it all.

still havent took a ride yet, lol

n4gix
April 25th, 2013, 10:01
still havent took a ride yet, lol
Strap it to your chest and record all your walking around... :wavey: