PDA

View Full Version : Best F16 available

AusWilko
April 5th, 2013, 03:38
Is the Aerosoft one the only game in town when it comes to the F-16, Iris no longer sells it's one so I presume that is it, next best would be the Bear J10.

Am I missing anything?

jeansy
April 5th, 2013, 03:57
as for payware your spot on, Aerosoft are the key contenders for payware as Triple6 split with iris and the D model was withdrawn,

i think abacus may have a 16 in a bundle pack, but your better off with a fs5 version than that one

theres a few patches for port overs like the kirk olsen's fs9 version

Victory103
April 5th, 2013, 05:40
Sadly yes, you can't find the Iris/666 version. I own both, primarily fly the Iris family version due to the avionics, but both have highs and lows. If you need a Viper, either find the KO freeware port over (Simviation) or purchase the Aerosoft.

Dumonceau
April 5th, 2013, 12:13
IMHO the Aerosoft offering is definitely the best around!

Naismith
April 5th, 2013, 13:15
Correct me if I am wrong but I blv the Aerosoft was the A & C variants whereas Iris was the D tandem seater. :icon30: Considering the KO Vipers age it holds up remarkably well mine say 2003!

DaveKDEN
April 5th, 2013, 13:47
Correct me if I am wrong but I blv the Aerosoft was the A & C variants whereas Iris was the D tandem seater. :icon30: Considering the KO Vipers age it holds up remarkably well mine say 2003!

Correct, A & C models are represented in the Aerosoft model. The exception is they all use a common cockpit configuration based on the C model only (no early A model configuration). I've owned it for quite some time now and still enjoy flying it in FSX. The VC is very immersive and has a realistic look and "feel" to it.

AusWilko
April 5th, 2013, 13:50
Thanks for the responses, will check out KO and see how that looks and then wander off for the payware version if needed

Sundog
April 5th, 2013, 15:21
Just as an FYI, the last F-16 KO made was for payware, but it was a beautiful model. I should try to load it in FSX, even though I love Tim's Aerosoft F-16. K.O.'s freeware/payware F-16 is at the link below. The F-16 is called freeware, but you can't get it unless you buy the gauges.

http://emarciano.free.fr/En/index.htm