PDA

View Full Version : Where is my CR-1 Ford Tri-motor?

FSX68
April 4th, 2013, 07:08
I just went to the CR-1 link and purchased the CR-1 Tri-motor with paypal and returned to The CR-1 and get this:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Success!

You probably landed on this page after buying an add-on from us though Paypal.
If that’s the case (first off, thanks!), now sit back and relax, the hard part is over.
You will soon receive an email containing your download information for the add-on you purchased. Until then or while you’re downloading it, why not visit the idle page and waste a little time on the web?
If you do not receive an email with your download information within 24 hours, please contact us.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So where is my download link? How "SOON" is soon? After I finished with Paypal, I am usually returned to the merchant with a download link a bit more timely then
this "waiting" for the D/L link........instead, I am referred to look at videos while waiting. If I were making a purchase through Amazon or Newegg, I would expect a few days
delay in getting what I paid for. I don't understand the waiting game here. :isadizzy:

Mathias
April 4th, 2013, 07:11
Apparently it says you are entitled to feel uncomfortable once 24 hours have passed.:salute:

FSX68
April 4th, 2013, 07:15
Apparently it says you are entitled to feel uncomfortable once 24 hours have passed.:salute:

Wish I had of known that BEFORE I paid for it!!!!

gman5250
April 4th, 2013, 07:23
Yep...I had the same result. Check your spam folder...that's where my link ended up. I got the order confirmation no problem, but for some reason the download link went to the round file.

I'm currently downloading the aircraft with no problems. Hope this helps.
G

FSX68
April 4th, 2013, 07:26
Yep...I had the same result. Check your spam folder...that's where my link ended up. I got the order confirmation no problem, but for some reason the download link went to the round file.

G

Actually if you got yours so soon makes me wonder even more of what is going on here?
I got his email address on my Paypal receipt and sent him email. Hope he will respond. Just don't understand the wait. Not used to having to wait like this.

aircav1970
April 4th, 2013, 07:36
I have purchased all the FSX products from CR-1 and have never had to wait the "24 hours" for a d/l link....as was mentioned,check the junk mail or spam folder in your email client.Very unusual situation that you are having to deal with.....

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af147/FSXFlyer/Ford%20Tri%20Motor/2012-7-31_12-38-15-690.jpg

DaveKDEN
April 4th, 2013, 07:38
Not to stir the pot, but here's my Tri-Motor:

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/9317/fsx-ford-tri-motor/

Bonus - it's free.

FSX68
April 4th, 2013, 08:58

G

I just checked my email client and there is no spam there. I talked with live customer service rep and they sent me test email (came thru fine). So now I
am lost......what now? The CR-1 email address looks to be in Canada - eh? Maybe I DO have a long wait ahead.

Roger
April 4th, 2013, 10:26
Not to stir the pot, but here's my Tri-Motor:

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/9317/fsx-ford-tri-motor/

Bonus - it's free.

Dave,
Full (Craig) has converted the Fs9 Tri-Motor to FsX native. It's on his site.

dandog
April 4th, 2013, 21:29
Give Tom a break! He's a good guy. He's been around for a long time, and I doubt he's going anywhere. If you like his stuff, you like his stuff. If not, stay quiet. If you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all.

Just my 2 cents.

Daniel

gman5250
April 4th, 2013, 22:50
Just a follow up on my experience. My download link went to spam, probably because IE just upgraded me without my asking for it. I had sent Tom an email about not receiving the link. By the time I found the link in the junk pile, Tom had already responded...all of this was resolved in a span of ten minutes. Pretty good service in my book. Sorry you had trouble with your link Butch, but once you experience the value of the work for the money, you'll forget all about the glitch. Gman :icon29:

FSX68
April 5th, 2013, 03:34
Give Tom a break! He's a good guy. He's been around for a long time, and I doubt he's going anywhere. If you like his stuff, you like his stuff. If not, stay quiet. If you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all.

Just my 2 cents.

Daniel

I like his stuff, you missed my point. He probably is a good guy and I am not jumping on his neck. It's the business practice that caused a delay in receiving what I paid for that irked me.
It's all sorted now and so we can just move on OK? Thanks.

FSX68
April 5th, 2013, 03:39
Just a follow up on my experience. My download link went to spam, probably because IE just upgraded me without my asking for it. I had sent Tom an email about not receiving the link. By the time I found the link in the junk pile, Tom had already responded...all of this was resolved in a span of ten minutes. Pretty good service in my book. Sorry you had trouble with your link Butch, but once you experience the value of the work for the money, you'll forget all about the glitch. Gman :icon29:

Was relieved to know after I got the D/L from Mr Wood that I wasn't a victim of some kind of scam. (Hey, it happens these days ya know)
It IS a great product and I am totally happy with his work and talent with the tri-motor. If I purchase from him again, I think I may not use Paypal as he was pointing the finger at them for not providing me with a direct link to download. I thought that was weird all along. So it looks like I wasn't the Long Ranger on this experience. And, you are also correct, I will forget about the
glitch and let bygones be bygones. Life is just to darn short.