PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Tab 2 10.1

Naismith
April 3rd, 2013, 00:22
SWMBO just bought me one for my birthday. I wonder if any here have suggestions for FS related (free) apps or any other uses I can put it to. I'm afraid I don't find it very intuitive like the PC. I turn my back for a few moments and its gone dark, the PC can see it to tx files to it, but it cannot seem to access the PC to take files away in the way a networked PC can if you get my drift? I'm most keen to utilise it in some FS related manner. Maybe a moving map or flight planning software. Any suggestions gratefully received (freebies preferable but not exclusively). I would have thought some form of manual would have come with it but apart from a leaflet explaining the buttons on top, no.

aeronca1
April 3rd, 2013, 05:20
These days, the manuals are often pdf's stored either online or under a menu item somewhere.

Butcherbird17
April 3rd, 2013, 05:47
I use G Map HD (FSWidgets) on my smart phone, and it is free. You can get it at the Play Store.
To see all files on your tablet/smart phone just plug it in to your computer (USB port), or you can
get an app like File Manager to do it.

Joe

Naismith
April 3rd, 2013, 10:31
Thanks for the replies so far. Can Apps designed for a phone be used on a tablet then, provided they are for the same manufacturer e.g. Samsung. I'm so out of fashion these days. Last Cellphone I owned was a Nokia in 2003. :isadizzy: - I'm no slave to our corporate masters. :icon_lol:

Butcherbird17
April 3rd, 2013, 14:56
Thanks for the replies so far. Can Apps designed for a phone be used on a tablet then, provided they are for the same manufacturer e.g. Samsung. I'm so out of fashion these days. Last Cellphone I owned was a Nokia in 2003. :isadizzy: - I'm no slave to our corporate masters. :icon_lol:

Yes, as Samsung use android OS. Just use the Play Store app on your tablet and type in FSWidgets.
in the search box. There are a bunch of apps both free and pay for flightsims.

Joe

Naismith
April 3rd, 2013, 22:45
Thank you will try that out.