PDA

View Full Version : I Never Thought I'd See The Day...

EasyEd
April 2nd, 2013, 18:47
Hey All,

...that the most country song on country radio today would be by the former lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish!

I think this is far better than the original by Old Crow Medicine Show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKyBcCDOB4

Enjoy!

-Ed-

Flyboy208
April 2nd, 2013, 19:08
Darius Rucker ... fantastic Artist ! Mike :applause:

Daveroo
April 2nd, 2013, 19:20
great song...ive allways like him anyway....and he seems to be aging "gracefully"....like morgan freeman...and hes a nascar fan...

Jagdflieger
April 2nd, 2013, 19:34
Outstanding! I wonder why I've never heard that song on our local radio station?

Naismith
April 3rd, 2013, 00:03
I liked his guitar, who can ID it?

av8erjm
April 3rd, 2013, 07:42
Anyone else reconize Uncle Si and Jase, from Duck Dynasty. Si was driving the pickup truck that gave him a ride and Jase was the long bearded guy in the bar, also Brother Willie and family at the end of the dream sequence. Not sure of the guy they keep flashing back to wearing the sunglasses in the bar, looks familiar just can't place him. If any of you haven't seen Duck Dynasty on A&E you don't know what your missing, good clean humour with a down home Americana spin do it

EasyEd
April 4th, 2013, 18:38
Hey All,

That guitar is apparently a Gibson L-12 perhaps from the mid 30s. Way way outta my price range but I like it and I am basically a Tele(caster) Gretsch guy.

-Ed-

mgchrist5
April 5th, 2013, 05:29
I had no idea Darius did a cover of this song. He did a really good job. I still personally prefer the Old Crow version, which just seems more 'earthy' and old-school in it's production value. Still a great tune no matter what, though!

Dain Arns
April 5th, 2013, 06:44
SO...

An OCMS and Darius Rucker version of "Wagon Wheel" would be an "ultimate"?

Like THIS:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qHutGIIGtbM?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Dakota93
April 6th, 2013, 05:27
Anyone else reconize Uncle Si and Jase, from Duck Dynasty. Si was driving the pickup truck that gave him a ride and Jase was the long bearded guy in the bar, also Brother Willie and family at the end of the dream sequence. Not sure of the guy they keep flashing back to wearing the sunglasses in the bar, looks familiar just can't place him. If any of you haven't seen Duck Dynasty on A&E you don't know what your missing, good clean humour with a down home Americana spin do it

That is Willie with his wife and daughter peeking through the window at him as well as in the second pick-up truck. That guy at teh end also looks familiar to me, but I can't place him.

Dain Arns
April 6th, 2013, 06:17
... Not sure of the guy they keep flashing back to wearing the sunglasses in the bar, looks familiar just can't place him. ...

...That guy at teh end also looks familiar to me, but I can't place him.

The one with the "Elvis" shades? That's Charles Kelley of Lady Antebellum. :kilroy: