PDA

View Full Version : Tried to repair library. Got fatal error:(

Navy Chief
April 2nd, 2013, 16:09
I have a feeling the answer to my problem will be "reinstall", but am hoping otherwise.

A few weeks ago, while trying to delete some sceneries I never used, I inadvertently deleted a couple default scenery files.

I didn't think about it much, as everything seemed to be working ok. That is, until one day I tried to start a flight at Cecil Field, FL, and the airport ID wasn't even on the list. That told me I that the two files I deleted had included that FL scenery.

So a little while ago, I attempted using the "repair option" on my FSX discs. The following is what happened:

I have not tried doing a "Restore" yet. Short of that (if it would even work), do I have any options, except a reinstall???

Thanks.

NC

Bone
April 2nd, 2013, 20:43
OK Chief, the repair option should work, as long as you do it right. I'll be off in the morning, so if you want, we can have a phone conversation and I can take you step by step through the repair option.

IanHenry
April 3rd, 2013, 00:35
If you have Acceleration installed, you need to repair FSX, and then repair Acceleration, otherwise it won't work. Regards, Ian.

ncooper
April 3rd, 2013, 01:52
The missing files for that airfield are in FSX\scenery\O302\scenery
if your FSX is still working and you have a friend with FSX installed.

(Why won't the forum let me save a 0 (zero) where the O (letter O) is?
It saves it as FSX\scenery302\scenery?)

Navy Chief
April 3rd, 2013, 02:03
If you have Acceleration installed, you need to repair FSX, and then repair Acceleration, otherwise it won't work. Regards, Ian.

I didn't know Acceleration also had a Repair option! thanks!

Bone, I will be gone most of the day, but will email you this afternoon. If the Acceleration Repair fixes the problem, then cool! If not, maybe you can help me? Thanks, Pete

Navy Chief
April 3rd, 2013, 03:47
Ian,

Thanks for the tip about repairing Acceleration. That fixed it!!! Loaded up NAS Cecil Field just fine, and did a short hop with Dino's outstanding Tomcat.

Only other problem I have is a couple scenery packages (addon type) that are not being found on startup, and I get error messages. I tried deleting them from the scenery.cfg file, but so far has not fixed the problem.

NC

IanHenry
April 3rd, 2013, 04:40
Ian,

Thanks for the tip about repairing Acceleration. That fixed it!!! Loaded up NAS Cecil Field just fine, and did a short hop with Dino's outstanding Tomcat.

Only other problem I have is a couple scenery packages (addon type) that are not being found on startup, and I get error messages. I tried deleting them from the scenery.cfg file, but so far has not fixed the problem.

NC

Hi, Glad I could help. I thoughtthat might do the trick. Regarding your scenery problem, I'm sure the offendingitems must be in your scenery library somewhere, it's just a case of findingwhich ones are causing the problems It will need a lot of patience. Regards,Ian.

ncooper
April 3rd, 2013, 05:19
Ian,

NC

If you see no changes when you edit your scenery.cfg file you may be editing the wrong one.
There are scenery.cfg files in

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and
the main FSX root folder.

The one FSX uses, however, is at

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg.