PDA

View Full Version : [Payware] Captainsim L-1011-1 released

jeansy
April 2nd, 2013, 00:02
While the L-1011 base pack is in production, you can buy the exterior model for just 9.99.
This will guarantee a 9.99 discount on the base pack upon release. CS store exclusive.

Key Features:
• Captain Sim quality and realism
• 4X** high resolution textures of 11 popular liveries
• Hundreds of realistic animations
• Animation control panel
• Transparent 3D windows
• Passengers
• Stewardess model (various airline uniforms)
• Wing flex
• Wing vortices
• Self-shade
• Pre-saved views
• Repaint Kit (coming soon)
• DirectX 9/10 compatible
• FPS friendly

Liveries:
<tbody>
- British Airways G-BBAH
- Trans World Airlines N81026/31026
- Delta Air Lines N721DA
- Cathay Pacific Airways VR-HOD
- Eastern Air Lines N335EA
- Air Canada 80-s C-FTNL/512
- Air Canada 90-s C-FTNL/512
- All Nippon Airways JA8522
- LTU D-AERE
- Air Transat C-FTNL
- Saudia Airlines HZ-AHF

</tbody>
** - 4X means the textures are in four times higher resolution than Captain Sim regular high resolution textures.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/l011/

alehead
April 2nd, 2013, 00:38
There they go again, releasing a plane bit by bit.

Where is this going to end?

"we have released the right wing now. The left wing is in beta..."

A

Andrew Entwistle

CG_1976
April 2nd, 2013, 00:41
Personally i like and get a discount later. Besides it gives me a sim educational value of playing Sim Dr with weird mad Transplanting. They also didn't forget TWA.

jeansy
April 2nd, 2013, 00:48
Personally i like and get a discount later. Besides it gives me a sim educational value of playing Sim Dr with weird mad Transplanting. They also didn't forget TWA.

same, im trying to merge the pmdg md11 vc into it for now

expat
April 2nd, 2013, 01:05
Can also merge the Tom Ruth freeware DC-10 panel into this but don't really see the point as there is already a good freeware converted native FSX Vistaliners (Eric Cantu) L-1011-1 model you can do this with. What I really would like - and would go for in an instant - is a native L-1011-500 model, as I have nothing but good experiences with other CS products.

stiz
April 2nd, 2013, 01:05
what is it with devs doing the same stuff?? :isadizzy:

thunder100
April 2nd, 2013, 01:28
Can also merge the Tom Ruth freeware DC-10 panel into this but don't really see the point as there is already a good freeware converted native FSX Vistaliners (Eric Cantu) L-1011-1 model you can do this with. What I really would like - and would go for in an instant - is a native L-1011-500 model, as I have nothing but good experiences with other CS products.

JUST FLIGHT has a -500.And on top still also 2D panel's which i can use flying the real Cantu L-1011 as the old livery's dont fit the FSX TOM Version Also different then others like the JF 737-200 the FPS is good.My 2 Cents Roland

AusWilko
April 2nd, 2013, 03:13
I presume the 500 will come as a addon pack further down the track

wombat666
April 2nd, 2013, 05:49

Virgin minds stitz, virgin minds!
:icon_eek:

Javis
April 2nd, 2013, 09:10

Image you're a dev and you've always loved the Whatsamme Callit. At one point in time you start working on it. Native FSX so a LOT of work. After almost a year's hard work you have the external model finished and are half way setting up the VC. What you didn't know is that, just around the same time, MFDAM ( Mighty Fine Digital Aircraft Models) also started working on a Whatsamme Callit. (also because they could not be aware of your endeavour, you kept it hush,hush and so did they...) They have a couple more people working on it so are reaching alpha stage pretty quickly. They decide it's time to release some WIP shots of their Callit. Looking very nice indeed.

You stumble over those WIP screenies right here one bad morning and fall to pieces. It's clear that MFDAM will be first with the release of their Callit... What to do ?..... Throw away a years hard work on your Callit or go ahead and finish yours too anyway ? ( because you will be able to examine the MFDAM Callit you might have a change to make a better job of it.. looking at the MFDAM Callit WIP screens you actually like your Callit model better... )

So, what's your decision, Stiz ?....

krazycolin
April 2nd, 2013, 09:15
And that's pretty much how it goes...

stiz
April 2nd, 2013, 09:23
Image you're a dev and you've always loved the Whatsamme Callit. At one point in time you start working on it. Native FSX so a LOT of work. After almost a year's hard work you have the external model finished and are half way setting up the VC. What you didn't know is that, just around the same time, MFDAM ( Mighty Fine Digital Aircraft Models) also started working on a Whatsamme Callit. (also because they could not be aware of your endeavour, you kept it hush,hush and so did they...) They have a couple more people working on it so are reaching alpha stage pretty quickly. They decide it's time to release some WIP shots of their Callit. Looking very nice indeed.

You stumble over those WIP screenies right here one bad morning and fall to pieces. It's clear that MFDAM will be first with the release of their Callit... What to do ?..... Throw away a years hard work on your Callit or go ahead and finish yours too anyway ? ( because you will be able to examine the MFDAM Callit you might have a change to make a better job of it.. looking at the MFDAM Callit WIP screens you actually like your Callit model better... )

So, what's your decision, Stiz ?....

well for starters if it took me a year to do the outside, it'd prolly take another year or so to do the VC, by which time there woulda been enough space between the 2. I'd also look at my workflow because because a year for the exterior is very excessive!

Apart from that it'd depend how close mine was to being finished, if i just had a couple of things left to do i'd just finish it and take my chance (which btw, has actually happened) but if i only had the exterior and no vc whatsoever, i'd just put it in the hanger and wait a year or 2, by which time the other devs would be getting a little old.

Ian Warren
April 2nd, 2013, 14:55
I really did enjoy the gradual build of the Captains Sims Classic 737 200 , to watch till it go through the fix's to a great and final production roll out , one thing being and primary is the testing .. most all area's that would have shown an issue had many eyes looking and confirming problems making it solid in the end - also we get our grubby little hands on it earlier and look at the cost ! :icon_lol: cheap as chips <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

anthony31
April 2nd, 2013, 15:25
I applaud Captain Sim for this approach.

They are merely modelling the way modern aircraft manufacturers operate (Boeing 787 Dreamliner anyone?) :)

cortomalteseit
April 3rd, 2013, 03:44
No, this is not for me. May be this will be a good product but i don't want to buy single pieces one by one... when the entire product will be ready i'll be tired and surely fly another aircraft. My 2 cents.

expat
April 3rd, 2013, 05:27
Well, I recall similar feelings at the time I took the leap and bought the 727 "shell." Ran it with a merged 737 vc until the correct one was ready. One of the most rewarding bits of payware I have (ditto their 707 and C-130). But you have a choice.

Ferry_vO
April 3rd, 2013, 06:01
Well, if you don't like it after buying, you'll only loose 10 euros..

(Or, you can wait until their christmas sales and pick up the whole package for the same price.... :kilroy: Maybe not in 2013 though.. )

jeansy
April 3rd, 2013, 23:26
Well, if you don't like it after buying, you'll only loose 10 euros..

(Or, you can wait until their christmas sales and pick up the whole package for the same price.... :kilroy: Maybe not in 2013 though.. )

From the look of the website the vc is done

I would say they just have to finish the coding off

From the quick look I had the other night the externals are top notch just have to find a way to add a decent vc for now

bully707
April 5th, 2013, 07:45
Hi there!

I just browsed the HJG board to see if I could use one of their panels for the Tristar and came across this thread (http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=supportpage&action=display&thread=3888) over there.
Apparently the Tristar panel by Ken MITCHELL can be used in FSX, too...

Will try this later today...

I am really looking forward to taking this hunk of steel for a spin...:jump: