PDA

View Full Version : Diamond DA42

Daveroo
January 9th, 2009, 12:21
After reading air international about the DA42MPP,ive decided id kinda like one for FS....i also got to see one close up at the airport here..and have seen/heard it overfly the house many times..those diesels sound neat...

is there DA42 made for FS9 and anyone know where to find it?

EasyEd
January 9th, 2009, 13:33
Hey All,

Brian Gladden did one that is available at Abacus. I use it and like it - IMO well worth the low cost.

Eaglesoft has had one in the works for a long long time (multiple years all told) now. I've no idea what the holdup is but suffice to say that who knows when or if it will ever see the light of day.

-Ed-

Felixthreeone
January 9th, 2009, 16:46
Hey All,

Brian Gladden did one that is available at Abacus. I use it and like it - IMO well worth the low cost.

Eaglesoft has had one in the works for a long long time (multiple years all told) now. I've no idea what the holdup is but suffice to say that who knows when or if it will ever see the light of day.

-Ed-
AFAIK, The Eaglesoft one is the one to wait for/get if and when it does become available...and you need look no further than the VRS superhornet to see that good things come to those who wait. I also own the Abacus DA-42 and while i will not disagree with the appealing pricepoint, the aircraft is basically a freeware quality offering. Just my opinion though.

Motormouse
January 10th, 2009, 01:25
found these too ---> http://www.microsoft.com/austria/education/projekte.mspx , from links here --> http://www.usaero.aero/diamond/simulators.php

not tried it; so can't comment

ttfn

Pete

Tom Clayton
January 10th, 2009, 06:04
I'll give 'em a shot.

Ferry_vO
January 10th, 2009, 06:19
found these too ---> http://www.microsoft.com/austria/education/projekte.mspx , from links here --> http://www.usaero.aero/diamond/simulators.php

not tried it; so can't comment

I have some time ago, no worth the download imho.

First of all the scale of the model is all wrong:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/da42_03.jpg

The scale of the pilots compared to the aircraft is a bit out of whack too (Unless this was made for hobbits), and the model itself is somewhat crude. Can't quite remember but I don't think there was a VC.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/da42_02.jpg

Felixthreeone
January 10th, 2009, 06:54
I will keep my fingers crossed and hopefully Eaglesoft will make it happen.

PhilRamone
January 10th, 2009, 07:32
it is a neat plane, my dad testflies them at work... ive had the chance to fly on this bad boy http://www.usaero.aero/diamond/simulators.php

however their days might be counted... mismanagment at thielert (the on that made the engines) led thm to file for bankruptcy, and with the global financial crisis sales arent too hot... the few twinstars that were out are coming back home to london, and there is talks of having them fited with a new engine, according to my pops its nice, slighlty more powerful than the current one, developed by diamond... the other option is a lycoming but i duno much about that one...

i'd like to see one for FS too, but i got tired of sending emails to Aerosoft on behalf of my dad offering any help they need, flight testing incl. :faint:

Daveroo
January 10th, 2009, 08:20
"however their days might be counted"

read the story in the air international mag...the DA42mpp seems to be in high demand around the world,as a observation/snoopy platform....i have a friend who is flying a P68 right now..they are upgrading..his bosses couldnt decide between the DA42MPP or the C208 and ended up with the DA42MPP

Firebar
January 10th, 2009, 09:22
Isn't there something about a diesel version....

think there was a flight test in loop magazine...

really cool looking aeroplane.

Sunny9850
January 10th, 2009, 10:19
They may be having trouble similar to everyone else in the GA field with the overall economy slump, compounded a little by the unfortunate mess with Thielert.
But their days are definitely not numbered. The new engines are Austro Diesels. Again based on a Mercedes automobile engine. It should have 170Hp per side and importantly a stronger gear box which will hopefully allow for a increase in TBO time.
The DA42 is the only new light twin, delivers outstanding performance on a sip of fuel and last but not least it looks and flies beautifully.

As for FS the Abacus model is good, not outstanding in any respect but not bad in any either. So for the time being I'd call it worth the investment until someone actually delivers a better one.

PhilRamone
January 10th, 2009, 11:37
what i meant about the days numbered is that the diesel versions (the first batch of twinstars) are coming back bc of engine issues thats all... no need to pounce. i too read air intl' and the other ones my dad gets at work.

Utah State i think i heard is bringing back their twins, along with another college... the whole thielert hickup will dampen the da42 i think (and the diamond sales) but it still will fare out better than maybe the old guys will?

anyone seen the D50? and the dJet is flying in tx skies doing winter testing in TX somewhere (i forgot where)

Lionheart
January 10th, 2009, 18:18
what i meant about the days numbered is that the diesel versions (the first batch of twinstars) are coming back bc of engine issues thats all... no need to pounce. i too read air intl' and the other ones my dad gets at work.

Utah State i think i heard is bringing back their twins, along with another college... the whole thielert hickup will dampen the da42 i think (and the diamond sales) but it still will fare out better than maybe the old guys will?

anyone seen the D50? and the dJet is flying in tx skies doing winter testing in TX somewhere (i forgot where)

Awesome.. Glad to hear things are coming along for them and that their Jet is doing good.

Must be nice to have your dad 'inside' at Diamond. Some awesome planes.... (beautiful wings).

I remember being on a tour outside at the Frank Lloyd Wright institute. I am standing their listening to this German lady speak, and I hear this odd drone getting louder overhead. I thought, that is no Lycomming, nor Continental.. Kept listening.. I look up as it flies over, and I see this T-tail bird with super long wings, almost like a glider, and thin nacelles... First time I had seen a Diamond twin diesel.

Bill

Daveroo
January 10th, 2009, 18:36

hey phil,my appologies if that seemed to be a pounce..wasnt intended to be..sorry bout that...just meant that they seem to be in demand for THAT role...thats all...pease,,,,,:rapture: