PDA

View Full Version : Bear Studios J-15 Naval Flanker

rayhere48
March 29th, 2013, 21:04
I am thinking of getting the plane and wonder what others, that own it, think about it. It sure looks great.

Hanimichal
March 30th, 2013, 02:42
Very complex system, I can't set autopilot and GPS yet! but the airplane and FDE is awesome... and that carrier!!! I was years dreaming to have her in FSX

Ferry_vO
March 30th, 2013, 03:25
Have it, love it!!

Though it's not exactly the same aircraft as the Su-33 Naval Flanker, and some of the details are still guesswork, it looks great (Especially with Hani's Russian Navy paints!) and flies good too.
It really feels like a big heavy fighter, until you turn of the FCS limiter; then you can fly it like they do at airshows, including Cobra's and the ability to maneuvre while in a stall.
Lots of systems modelled, haven't found a single button that doesn't function in the VC. The manual is somewhat harder to read than the average manual though, but quite comprehensive.
For me it was a must buy, but I have all of Bear's aircraft for FsX.

And the good thing about the Chinese is that they did make a two-seater, unlike the Russians so you get that too. ;)

peter12213
March 30th, 2013, 08:53
I cannot recommend this highly enough, its really excellent!

Blackbird686
March 30th, 2013, 13:19
Truly an amazing model. I will say that Bear Studios really has their stuff together when it comes to both the J-11 and J-15 Flankers. The model is a real thrill to fly with the FD restrictions switched off, the cockpits are absolutely stunning, and they are absolutely gorgeous in the spot view. I fly them both in FSX and FS9... and some of the characteristics that are FSX only (like back lit panel gauges) work in FS9. Bill really did an excellent job on these, I highly recommend them :applause::salute:....... BB686:USA-flag: