PDA

View Full Version : FHC F6F Hellcat

Mach3DS
March 29th, 2013, 07:51
For those interested or in the area, if you haven't yet visited the Paul Allen Flying Heritage Collection located at KPAE (Paine Field) at Everett, WA USA, you should. They're opening a new building on April 12th, and the grand opening is free to the public. The new building will house the ever expanding collection of highly authentic and flyable aircraft. Just yesterday they conducted the first flight of their newly restored F6F Hellcat. it's a beauty! They've posted their first engine run online. I'm sure sometime soon they will have some flight video as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5hHSsJazyQ

fliger747
March 29th, 2013, 08:00
Thanks Rick!

Have (supposedly) a couple day layover at Paine Field in mid April, between Dreamlifter trips and will try to get over there. Always to see the planes fly, but it is a controversy as to weather they should as the crash rate was high when these were new with military pilots, and disturbingly high amongst the warbird crowd.

Good looking plane! T

TheGrunt
March 29th, 2013, 08:18
Beautiful machine :applause: Man, there would be so much to see for a warbird fan like me in the States. I wish I'd sometime have time and money to spend a summer there and travel the airshows and museums. I hope I can at least visit Flying Legends next summer in Duxford. I was there in september 2011 to see Spitfire 75th anniversary show and it was amazing! :wiggle:

MudMarine
March 29th, 2013, 09:03
Love it!!:salute::USA-flag::salute: