PDA

View Full Version : Finding the Yowie---A Mission Down There

gera
January 9th, 2009, 08:05
Fact 1: Kilcoy is a small farming town and the administrative centre of the Somerset Regional Council Local Government Area in South East Queensland, Australia.

Fact 2: While driving between Braidwood and Batemans Bay, Marthe Ullies and her brother, Marthword started the steep and winding Clyde Mountain descent at about 10 pm. On about the second or third bend they saw a large creature that had apparently come up from the right hand(downhill) side of the road and was now crossing it on all fours.

AUSTRALIA NEPTUNE NEWS:monkies:
January 15, 2009
AP. Recent reports near Lake George has sparked a New Expedition to find the infamous Yowie which
since the early colonial era, Australian Aborigines often warned British settlers to beware of huge, ape-like creatures that lurked in the rugged mountains and deep forests of the island continent. Their people, they said, had been encountering the hairy horrors since time immemorial.
They knew them by many names, including doolagarl, thoolagarl, jurrawarra and tjangara these foul-smelling giants, which they referred to as “Australian apes”, “yahoos” or “youries” also are today generally referred to as Yowies.
Dr. Asthmia Vittoratto of the Roman College of Anthropology has hired a Pilot Aviator and Playboy to take
her expedition called " Yowie Bear-II" to fly them, she and six other lady scientists, to several out in the
woods places in this huge continent. The Expedition will leave _________________and visit remote
airfields as well as no airfields areas in a definite charge to get at least one of these incredible and dubious creatures.Dr. Vittoratto a 31 year old ex Italian beaty queen will then go to Nepal where
she hopes to also catch the "Yeti". The expedition leaves day after tomorrow from Crowcow Airfield near Lake George.

Mission Control Reports this Adventure will be on many Sims probably next week.

It is recommended if you wish to participate as Pilot for you to buy munition, a hat, boots, pen knife, water bottle, a good menīs perfume that is guaranteed to attract females (check Wallgreenīs Rack 32), soap, yellow socks for luck, Rum, other boozy beverages also, a big stick, hand horn, yellow sun glasses, fake moustage, hair oil, and other absolute items you thing will be necessary.......:gossip:

Note: Aboriginal famous witch doctor Barambogie Asumbaa has warned the expedition that if a Yowie is hurt the curse of the gods of "Dreaming Time"
will hit every Continent on the planet causing major convulsion.....:faint:

Dexdoggy
January 11th, 2009, 15:15
Thanks for an Aussie adventure Gera, will give it a go!

gera
January 12th, 2009, 07:53
Thanks for an Aussie adventure Gera, will give it a go!
.................My Pleasure, should be ready in about 12 days!!!!

NSS
January 12th, 2009, 11:43
Counting down..........................

EgoR64
January 12th, 2009, 18:05
:rapture:

Yowie !!

Looks like fun !!

Don't them thier Yowie criters eat people ?? :friday:, I'm ready !!

Many Cheers !!

gera
January 13th, 2009, 04:45
Hi Guys....

Finished the first draft last night so about 4 days of trimming and it should be ready. You will find many "effects" in this mission that will surprise you, and most of the objects are my own. I made it on top of FTX Green for there is no better scenery for Australia than this wonderful add on, but itīs ok if you donīt have it---Have divided the whole story in 3 Episodes--by doing this planes can be changed as you go along--the first two will be on the first zip the last will be on its own.....The first two are for intermidiate pilots, the last for experts....:gossip:

gera
January 14th, 2009, 11:11
Notam 9999-xxx-33333-the latest!!!:wave:

The Mission is now a Beta!!!!! being tested by some Dudes from three countries of this planet:focus:
....OK.....

1) You will need the Cessna 208...original FSX

2) also the Old Barrel of a plane the " Super STOL" ---Miles Aerovan Cargo...found at :
http://classicbritishfiles.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=28&func=fileinfo&id=1061..
(This is FS9 but flies perfectly in FSX with both 2D and 3D panels!)

3) Important.....Take a good cold bath before the flight, not only a Pommy Shower, since all pilots will Rage on a lot during the trip try to be
as Ridgy-didge as you can. You can take some sangers for the long flights.
Some of the women you will carry are sooky so donīt be stuffed by that.
As a tall poppie you should do OK during the Mission but donīt hit the turps in any of the towns you will land.:sheep:

Hope to see you guys in the Mission....to be uploaded around next Monday!!!:bananapowerslide:

Note: Using ORBX AuBlue for background..................

JayKae
January 14th, 2009, 11:29
That is looking sweet !!

gera
January 14th, 2009, 11:44
That is looking sweet !!

Hi JaKae......Hope you guys down under like it....First of all I have done it on top of AuBlue and will tell everyone on the upload blurb that those with it will have a ball since it is Low Flying all the way. Besides I found some "outback" towns where pilots will have to land that might not be on the regular FSX scenery....I added some extra "airfields" too in those towns, so if they donīt have AuBlue they will be in the bare!!!!:icon_lol:.......its an experience flying in your country and VFR is tops.......I have to search for some good mountains for another one!!!!

Longers
January 14th, 2009, 22:47
Crikey, all that mention of Pommy showers, ridgy-didge sangers, tall poppies and hitting the turps is getting me excited about this series of missions !!

Looking forward to the release Gera ! - bonza mate :wave:

Longers

gera
January 22nd, 2009, 10:47
Hi Guys.....

All planes have been checked, pilots on the ready, women scientists with new "Australia Style" boots and skirts showing off at a conference last night, and thunder down under................we upload on Saturday!!!!!!!:typing:

gera
January 23rd, 2009, 05:03
Hi Guys.....

All planes have been checked, pilots on the ready, women scientists with new "Australia Style" boots and skirts showing off at a conference last night, and thunder down under................we upload on Saturday!!!!!!!:typing:

Oh, OH,!!!!! one of the planes crashed last night!!!!!!!:kilroy::kilroy:

gera
January 26th, 2009, 10:54
OK Australia here I come.........2 Episode Mission waiting for the Last

Done!!!! am just making the Read Me file right now and the zip is just waiting for it. Should Upload tonight so it might be ready at Avsim and Flightsim tomorrow...

Changed aircraft, so you will need:

Cessna Citation 500/I……Author:Alejandro Rojas Lucena
(citation_i-500.zip) at AVSIM.com

and
Premaircraft.com
File ( xdh6fopi.zip) http://www.premaircraft.com/dhc6_FSX/index.html

The Mission started for Intermediate Pilots but I must say that watching my grandsons, both flying FS9 for two years now, Flying both Episodes, they can get pretty hard at times.:faint:

I made them with FTX as background for its the best around but it really does not matter what you got...... Episode 2 is in Tasmania and FTX gives it for free, or it did sometime ago.

I think this is the first mission divided in "Episodes", one follows the other with a story line.......Episode 3 the Last, should be out of the burner within a week.......

Thanks for flying them if you do...........:kilroy::kilroy:

gera
January 27th, 2009, 10:45
Uploaded today....................Warning!!! These are very Dangerous Mission Episodes!!!!!! Bring a parachute:pop4::pop4:

AussieMan
January 28th, 2009, 21:12
I have downloaded the mission but instead of the Premier DHC-6 I will be using the Aerosoft DHC-6.

Cheers
Pat

gera
January 29th, 2009, 05:16
I have downloaded the mission but instead of the Premier DHC-6 I will be using the Aerosoft DHC-6.

Cheers
Pat

Please let me know how it works for you, my E-Mail is in the Instructions and Read Me First file. And thanks for trying it out, its my second Mission and am sure I will have to improve some thing or other in future ones...............