PDA

View Full Version : Want to get a BF109

SirBenn21
January 9th, 2009, 04:12
:help:

Just wondering who makes the best BF109 for FSX?

Thanks

Ben

Hans Kleiner
January 9th, 2009, 04:24
Shockwave/A2A make the best 109 for FSX,nice modell and very good FPS.

Hans

lucas81
January 9th, 2009, 04:33
1st of all, A2A's 109 has tons of repaints. 2nd, you can install it in FS2004 and FSX. There is a patch for the FSX, which will make the plane a "native" one with self shadowing. The repaints from FS2004 will work with the FSX version. It is the "E-3, E-4 and E-4 Trop" version by the way.

Lucas

txnetcop
January 9th, 2009, 05:02
I agree A2A builds a great 109 but Flight Replica's BF109 at Skyunlimited is really hard to beat as well. Fantastic detail and a great flight model
Ted

mike_cyul
January 9th, 2009, 05:45
I agree A2A builds a great 109 but Flight Replica's BF109 at Skyunlimited is really hard to beat as well. Fantastic detail and a great flight model
Ted

The only problem there is that it's an FS9 model, with the usual port-over issues. If you have a good computer, it's goes pretty well, though.

An FSX/FS11 version is on the planning board, but it won't be for a while.

Mike

Mathias
January 9th, 2009, 05:52
The only problem there is that it's an FS9 model, with the usual port-over issues. If you have a good computer, it's goes pretty well, though.

An FSX/FS11 version is on the planning board, but it won't be for a while.

Mike

Would love to see this as native FSX.

mike_cyul
January 9th, 2009, 05:55
Would love to see this as native FSX.

Thanks Mathias. Be nice to see a FW-190 and Bf-109 in formation. :)

It all depends on the amount of free time I can generate!

Mike

Mathias
January 9th, 2009, 06:21
Thanks Mathias. Be nice to see a FW-190 and Bf-109 in formation. :)

It all depends on the amount of free time I can generate!

Mike

Yep, 109's flying topcover for some bomber-busting 190's while being jumped on by Mustangs and fork-tailed devils. :applause:
Aww, this ain't CFS? :caked:

Barvan40
January 9th, 2009, 08:23
Get the A2A Bf-109E package for FSX now, and get Mike's Me-109F, Me-109G and Me-109K when they are full FSX.

Mike's current Me-109's work okay, but do impact frame rates a little and have the normal FS9 model issues in FSX.

Great to hear Mike is planning to make them full FSX models sometime in the future! :applause:

First screenie is the A2A one, other screenie is one of the Flight Replica 109's (Mike's.)

Barry

SirBenn21
January 10th, 2009, 01:22
Thanks

SolarEagle
January 10th, 2009, 11:59
I like the A2A one my self since it's an FSX model with excellent performance. It also has some of my favorite engine sounds and I love the excellent flight model. Very fun to fly.

http://sio.midco.net/ftp6/plum109-1.jpg

http://sio.midco.net/ftp6/plum109-2.jpg

Blade124
January 10th, 2009, 13:23
The 109 is forgiving to fly thanks to the leading edge slats. Every time I see a more modern aircarft with these slats installed, I think of the 109 and how ahead of its time it was.

Scott.

RCAF_Gunner
January 10th, 2009, 14:20
Just picked up the A2A Bf109E package and am very pleased with it. Nicely detailed with many great touches. Some are subtle like the Revi reflector being offset until shift your view to be inline with the center of the glass area. Others help with immersion such as manually having to crank the flap wheel and therefore having to plan your landing a little more in advance then you'd be use to with most Allied planes (its very easy to operate with the mouse scroll wheel) and the animated leading edge slats when you're pulling tight turns, etc. It recovers nicely from a spin too ~ I managed to have an exciting moment pulling a high speed stall while being too focused on watching the slat animation ~ I wasn't very high at the time but recovered just before the thud.

:ernae: A2A

Very minor caveat if you decide to get it: I knew the mdl had been updated to a full FSX model from cruising the A2A forums but I didn't realize the d/l installer was still the earlier release so I had an initial "moment" when I saw the pale blue prop disk the first time I loaded the Emil (I run Accel). Then I checked the installer file's date and realized what was up. Downloaded the patch from the link in the A2A forum and voila!