PDA

View Full Version : FSX Addon Aircraft in Development

SeanTK
March 24th, 2013, 14:37
Here's a list of all FSX-native addon aircraft in development, either freeware or payware, as of March 24, 2013, that I know of.
Please add to it if you do not see something listed.
Tried to add a development team name when 100% known, and a website as evidence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the list of add-on FSX Native aircraft in development. The list will be updated by Sean. Thanks for any information and help.

FSX Native Aircraft in Development Click HERE!!! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq9-RAJ7AE8odFNwQ3ZnbXpLd2xCQzdBZ0gwOFJJbmc#gid=0)

Ian Warren
March 24th, 2013, 14:52
One hell off a list , the JU-87 and Bf-110 are most sort after for the WWII warbirds ... strange how the AESL Airtourer has taken so long since it was near finished this time last year . <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

AusWilko
March 24th, 2013, 14:56
BIG list, thanks for doing it

wonder how big it would be if filtered by what will be released in the next 3 months.

danielm
March 24th, 2013, 15:07
Maybe a McDonnell Douglas F-15

My friends in St Louis would give you a strange look.

Thanks for the list :applause:

Best

Dan

Thanks for the fix!

SeanTK
March 24th, 2013, 15:14
Fixed the F-15 entry. Wasn't thinking, my apologies. (though Lockheed is modernizing the Saudi ones)

airattackimages
March 24th, 2013, 15:32
It would be nice if A2A would do an F-4...

deeknow
March 24th, 2013, 15:33
Great stuff Sean, thanks for sharing.
One thing you might wanna add, the CLS guys mentioned in their newsletter today that the CLS 742/3 update is being reworked and will be FSX native on release

Ferry_vO
March 24th, 2013, 15:44
Great list, some intersting aircraft on it..

Won't hold my breath for the Su-25/39 because it may take a while, but the An-2 Colt (Either one), Super Sabre, Trojan, Fw190D and B-45 Tornado are the most interesting for me, maybe the F-15C too..

dandog
March 24th, 2013, 15:46
What the?!!! Time to divorce the wife and sell the kids! There's no way I have enough time to fly all of the awesome aircraft heading our way!

Naki
March 24th, 2013, 15:56
Interesting list ..didn't know about the Zlin - would be nice to see a Zlin 242

A2A Cessna 172? (and Piper Cherokee/F-4/F104 but there are no pictures I know of those)

SeanTK
March 24th, 2013, 16:36
Added the A2A 172, Cherokee, and Starfighter.

Also, PMDG talked a while ago about a Dash-8-Q200/300, but that was placed on the "back burner" so I left it off since no-one knows if it'll ever be done.
Finally, I had a rumor regarding the Samdim An-24 series regarding another party taking up VC tasks in order to get a fully featured FSX-native model out, but I have not heard further, so I left that off as well.

Roger
March 24th, 2013, 16:43
Great thread Sean...good work!

mike_cyul
March 24th, 2013, 17:14
Isn't someone doing a P-40N?

Mike

heywooood
March 24th, 2013, 17:27

Mike

that would be you sir...

and Alabeo still has the Beech Staggerwing in production

N2056
March 24th, 2013, 17:31
I'd venture to say it's not exactly an all-encompassing list. :kilroy:

heywooood
March 24th, 2013, 17:50
I'd venture to say it's not exactly an all-encompassing list. :kilroy:

but it is a good start and a great idea to be able to see all aircraft in development in one place:mixedsmi:

Kiwikat
March 24th, 2013, 18:02
Qualitywings- BAE-146 (adding to the existing Avro RJ pack)
PMDG- 747-400 v2
Flight1/Coolsky/McPhat- DC-9F (I think it is an addon to the existing DC-9)
FlightSimLabs- Airbus A320
Marcel Felde- Pilatus PC-6 Porter
Realair- Cessna 172
Lotus Simulations- Falcomposite Furio

Timbohobo
March 24th, 2013, 18:09
DC3 - Vertigosim :sheep:

Naki
March 24th, 2013, 18:12
How could I forget some of the others especially Mike's P-40N

Lotus Simulations- Falcomposite Furio

Really? That is one my favourite homebuilts...a Kiwi one at that....time to head over to the Lotus forums..

SeanTK
March 24th, 2013, 18:34
If you have something to add, simply state it....without the cocky, coy, sarcastic, or any form of "attitude".
It was quickly typed out to get a start going, and if accidentally leaving off someone's baby when trying to build an extensive list is an excuse here to have a snippy attitude, then the list will be deleted as to not cause further "offense".
I'll work on adding those addons directly identified by name/author, and those which have a web source to back up the claim (I can look up the latter).

EDIT: Going to re-compile into a Google Docs spreadsheet within the next couple of days so I'll hold off on in-thread/original post updates until that is up and running.

skyhawka4m
March 24th, 2013, 18:35
Interesting list ..didn't know about the Zlin - would be nice to see a Zlin 242

A2A Cessna 172? (and Piper Cherokee/F-4/F104 but there are no pictures I know of those)

I agree the 242 is very sporty

N2056
March 24th, 2013, 18:53
If you have something to add, simply state it....without the cocky, coy, sarcastic, or any form of "attitude".

Sorry If you took it that way. Really.

SeanTK
March 24th, 2013, 19:00
All, please continue posting any aircraft you know about that you don't see mentioned in the original list or by others here, and I'll add them to a spreadsheet within the next day or two at the most, which will then be linked here.

Preferably state the following:

Aircraft type (manufacturer & model as specific as you can be)
Author/Development Team
One link with evidence beyond "rumor" and beyond a developer stating that they "hope to build one down the road".

Thanks! Hopefully this list will become comprehensive or nearly so in the coming weeks! :)

CurlSnout
March 24th, 2013, 19:15
aircraft type = Travelair Mystery Ship (package)
author/development team = Golden Age Simulations
URL = http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?74704-GAS-Travelair-Mystery-Ship

N2056
March 24th, 2013, 19:35
I like your idea. My earlier reply was in fact not very reasonable, and again, for that I truly apologize. I just returned from a multi-day road trip that was for my Mother-in-Law's memorial service, and I'm not exactly my normal self. I offer the following additions for your list...all of these are my projects and have threads on them here at SOH. If you are not aware already from my previous releases, my real name is Robert Kerr.

Northrop P-61B Black Widow (long term project)
Long Midget Mustang (nearly complete, some beta testing in progress)
Globe Swift (in early development phase)

Naki
March 24th, 2013, 19:35
How could I forget some of the others especially Mike's P-40N

Really? That is one my favourite homebuilts...a Kiwi one at that....time to head over to the Lotus forums..

Darn..can't get into the Lotus froums..doesn't seem to accept my user name anymore

SeanTK
March 24th, 2013, 19:45
I like your idea. My earlier reply was in fact not very reasonable, and again, for that I truly apologize. I just returned from a multi-day road trip that was for my Mother-in-Law's memorial service, and I'm not exactly my normal self. I offer the following additions for your list...all of these are my projects and have threads on them here at SOH. If you are not aware already from my previous releases, my real name is Robert Kerr.

Northrop P-61B Black Widow (long term project)
Long Midget Mustang (nearly complete, some beta testing in progress)
Globe Swift (in early development phase)

Completely understood Mr. Kerr. I have indeed been following your projects, and I'm surprised that I forgot to mention them since I've been consistently tracking them. I guess it was a situation where I was more concerned about covering the obscure projects rather than the ones that I've known about for quite a while and have read about almost daily!
They will be added to the spreadsheet list during its creation. :)

All, thanks for the input so far! I haven't tallied things yet, but we certainly have an abundance of aircraft coming to us over the next couple of years!
I may be hesitant to list an aircraft unless I see a link with screenshots or a progress statement from someone positively identified as a developer....so...again, I can't go off of rumors.
Also, I am still debating about aircraft upgrades and aircraft "variations"....case in point the CLS 747, the IRIS C-27, PMDG 747, and some others. Others like the consistent Warbirdsim Mustang packages I'm not even sure how to classify. If it's a "from the ground up" addon, then it definitely goes on the list...but if it's "mostly upgraded" or "somewhat upgraded" then I don't know yet.

Naki
March 24th, 2013, 20:00
Darn..can't get into the Lotus froums..doesn't seem to accept my user name anymore

Mike's already sorted this for me -- great service!...there is a thread at the Lotus forums about the Furio...I cant wait for this one.:jump:

Sundog
March 24th, 2013, 20:19
Republic XP-47H and XP-47J
Milton Shupe
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?69274-and-to-the-Republic-for-Which-We-Stand&highlight=

I know Milton also mentioned starting an A-20 in one of his threads, but that was a bit down the road, IIRC.

Dash 8-Q400
Majestic Sims (Samdim made the plane model)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Majestic-Software-Dash-8-Q400/249628718485404

(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Majestic-Software-Dash-8-Q400/249628718485404)

SeanTK
March 24th, 2013, 20:37
Sundog, this list is for FSX only / FSX-native aircraft, and I didn't see anything obvious saying that Shupe's model was.
Also, the Dash-8 was already on my list in the original post. :)

Hughes-MDflyer4
March 24th, 2013, 23:36
The original post should be corrected to link to the TFDi Design 717 instead, as it was originally their project. I can't see FSDG making anything better than TFDi's.

http://forums.tfdidesign.com/index.php?/topic/137-our-position/#entry372

Dave Torkington
March 25th, 2013, 00:43
Superb list SeanTK thank you for compiling!

I got rather excited at seeing the Vickers VC-10 from Just Flight listed but I can't see any development info on their forum or Facebook page... Am I missing something?

Dave :salute:

mike_cyul
March 25th, 2013, 01:56
Don't forget Warbirdsim's upcoming P-39 Aeracobra, plus I think John mentioned there are some other aircraft in the works there (sorry, can't find the thread).

Martyn
March 25th, 2013, 03:47
Superb list SeanTK thank you for compiling!

I got rather excited at seeing the Vickers VC-10 from Just Flight listed but I can't see any development info on their forum or Facebook page... Am I missing something?

Dave :salute:

Technically its not yet in-development so there is no page for it yet. The photos on our FB page are from a research trip which encompassed several military aircraft.

Bomber_12th
March 25th, 2013, 03:58
Thanks Mike! I didn't want to say anything as I'd imagine there to be some reluctancy to add it to the list until some recent progress was posted on it again. As of now, and until it is completed, the P-39 Airacobra is the primary focus, and updates will start to be posted again in April.

Dave Torkington
March 25th, 2013, 04:26
Technically its not yet in-development so there is no page for it yet. The photos on our FB page are from a research trip which encompassed several military aircraft.

Thanks for the reply Martyn. 'Not yet in development' is good enough for me!

Mastercard is on standby for the Tristar and the VC-10 would be a must have too.

Cheers :guinness:

vora
March 25th, 2013, 05:00
Kiwikat already mentioned the Pilatus Porter which Marcel Felde develops for Aerosoft. The last screenshot was in November showing the first exterior pic (hard to find as it's in Aerosoft's Katana subforum):
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/45239-whats-next-pilatus-pc-6-turbo-porter/page__st__80#entry421729

Three VC shots can be seen on Marcel's own homepage: http://www.marcelfelde.de/

Edit: oops, forgot the exact type: Pilatus PC-6/B2-H4 Porter

b52bob
March 25th, 2013, 06:55
Thanks for doing this. I didn't see anything by Lionheart on this.

Needs a sticky!

Bob

jojohnson9
March 25th, 2013, 07:04
Was someone doing a P-39? Oh man, I hope so!

Bomber_12th
March 25th, 2013, 07:17
John, in a few weeks the thread I had going on the Warbirdsim P-39 will start receiving updates again (the last screenshots to have been posted are on Page 8): http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?60788-Warbirdsim-P-39-Airacobra-%28payware-development%29

pilottj
March 25th, 2013, 08:15
Thanks for doing this. I didn't see anything by Lionheart on this.

Needs a sticky!

Bob

Bill is working on his Fairchild 24 :applause:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?76542-Fairchild-24-WIP-Screenshots

SeanTK
March 25th, 2013, 13:42
The original post should be corrected to link to the TFDi Design 717 instead, as it was originally their project. I can't see FSDG making anything better than TFDi's.

http://forums.tfdidesign.com/index.php?/topic/137-our-position/#entry372

Both groups are claiming that they are working on the 717 independently then, so should I make two entries?

Regarding other aspects of the list, working on it now, thanks for the input everyone!

Lionheart's Fairchild was on the original post if you look closer, and I'll be sure it's added to the spreadsheet!

jetstreamsky
March 25th, 2013, 13:48

A VC-10 in FSX, excellent! I hope it makes the jump into incoming :jump:

krazycolin
March 25th, 2013, 14:17
We will be working with TFDI Design on their 717...

please remove the AH-1W from the list. We are canceling the project. If anyone is interested in picking up the fully fsx compatible (prepped) model, please contact me via pm. Serious takers only please.

Thanks,

Sundog
March 25th, 2013, 15:35
Sundog, this list is for FSX only / FSX-native aircraft, and I didn't see anything obvious saying that Shupe's model was.
Also, the Dash-8 was already on my list in the original post. :)

Oh, right. I did miss the Q-400 there and I keep forgetting Milton's planes are port overs unless someone makes them FSX specific like his S-2 series.
I'm still excited about them, none the less, and thanks for putting this list together. :)

Daveroo
March 25th, 2013, 15:46
ok i wasnt going to say anything but i have to......dude..thanks for this list..i hope it gets stickied and stays like the freeware and payware lists...this is a great way to stay abreast of whats out there in the pipeline..also..i do have to ask..on projects like the JU-87 Stuka..it seems its been idle for a few years.unless i dont know how to read that forum...but is there a way to know if its been writen off or still being worked on?

SeanTK
March 25th, 2013, 16:19
ok i wasnt going to say anything but i have to......dude..thanks for this list..i hope it gets stickied and stays like the freeware and payware lists...this is a great way to stay abreast of whats out there in the pipeline..also..i do have to ask..on projects like the JU-87 Stuka..it seems its been idle for a few years.unless i dont know how to read that forum...but is there a way to know if its been writen off or still being worked on?

That's a good question. When I quickly wrote the initial list, for some of the addons, I recalled some sort of discussion related to the addon in question in recent months on a flightsim forum on any one of the larger FS sites...I just haven't had time to find a more recent source. I know that the Stuka is occasionally brought up here at SOH with a few status updates, but I have not dug into that yet. Basically, it ended up being me finding somewhat recent news about a product, or recognizing that within the past year, something has been said about a development. If a product is confirmed to be abandoned, like the MilViz Cobra, then it will be removed....but I want to keep even the "older" developments up in case they do come around again unless the developer specifically says that it's cancelled. :)

SeanTK
March 25th, 2013, 17:26
THE LIST:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq9-RAJ7AE8odFNwQ3ZnbXpLd2xCQzdBZ0gwOFJJbmc

Let me know if there are access difficulties
Mods, can you edit my original post by replacing the existing wall of text list with this link...I can't seem to edit that one. Thanks!

EDIT: Not quite sure how to allow "outsiders" to use the filters without being able to edit the content....any help?

heywooood
March 25th, 2013, 19:32
good, its stickied - this thread is a great resource for everyone - developer and customer alike

krazycolin
March 25th, 2013, 20:19
The Stuka is in development and will be out before..... A holiday... :mixedsmi::jump:

Javis
March 25th, 2013, 22:04
Thanks for the list, Sean ! Quite amazing! :salute:

About the PMDG DC-6, maybe you'd like to replace the PMDG main forum link with this one. It goes straight to the official PMDG DC-6 announcement thread with screenshots and all :

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361760-secret-project-1-this-one-is-a-classic/

cheers,
jan

Dave Torkington
March 26th, 2013, 00:48
Thanks for your work SeanTK, it's much better to use Google doc's for viewing and maintaining!

I don't like to ask because it entails more research but... could a 'release date' column be added? Even if it had 'Q3 2013' for example or 'Unknown' it'd help us all [even developers] but especially us customers to prepare for lashing out the cash.

Dave :applause:

euroastar350
March 26th, 2013, 04:30
Bell 407 helicopter from Milviz

Daveroo
March 26th, 2013, 08:48
The Stuka is in development and will be out before..... A holiday... :mixedsmi::jump:

lets see now...will it be a Canadian holiday?..or an Amarican holiday?..or eruopean?..

maybe 4th of july?......or .....or..or...or...

YEAH i know.....the greatest holiday of them all MY birthday...JULY 6TH........riiiiiiight??????

i vant muh stuka.....any place to view an update?

krazycolin
March 26th, 2013, 09:08
The last update we did was visual and was of the vc in our 360 preview. I think it's here somewhere.

krazycolin
March 26th, 2013, 09:09
Bell 407 helicopter from Milviz

Oops. Yup!

Naruto-kun
March 26th, 2013, 10:54
I believe that one was in the list from the start.

Roger
March 26th, 2013, 12:21
This is a great thread and thanks to Sean for starting it:ernae:. If we can keep it up to date I see no reason why this thread shouldn't be stickied for good.

mike_cyul
March 26th, 2013, 13:13
I'll second Roger on that. Nicely done list.

Mike

Ian Warren
March 26th, 2013, 13:16

Mike

:icon_lol: Its a P-40M Mike :icon_lol:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

CurlSnout
March 26th, 2013, 14:07
developer = Vertigo Studios
aircraft manufacturer = Grumman
aircraft model = C2-A Greyhound
aircraft type = Twin Engine Turboprop
freeware/payware = Payware
reference link = http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/archives/1042

hae5904
March 26th, 2013, 14:17
Puzzling...Bell 407 by Milviz and a Bell 407 by Nemeth???

By RAZBAM the Mirage F1 is planned once Jose has finished the Metroliner.

Cheers

CurlSnout
March 26th, 2013, 14:25
developer = Rob Richardson
aircraft manufacturer = Supermarine
aircraft model = Walrus MkII
aircraft type = Single-Engine Amphibious Biplane
freeware/payware = Freeware
reference link = http://robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/

SeanTK
March 26th, 2013, 14:49

Cheers

I read something a number of months ago saying that each developer was doing one. Not sure if that has changed.

EDIT: List updated through CurlSnout's entry.

Regarding a column for estimated release date...I think that would cause a bit of trouble and numerous disagreements, but I'll consider it if someone has a good case for it.

Addons that are released will have their entries visibly crossed out for a few days, followed by the row's deletion a short time later.

Spad54
March 26th, 2013, 15:39
Here's a list of all FSX-native addon aircraft in development, either freeware or payware, as of March 24, 2013, that I know of.
Please add to it if you do not see something listed.
Tried to add a development team name when 100% known, and a website as evidence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the list of add-on FSX Native aircraft in development. The list will be updated by Sean. Thanks for any information and help.

FSX Native Aircraft in Development Click HERE!!! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq9-RAJ7AE8odFNwQ3ZnbXpLd2xCQzdBZ0gwOFJJbmc#gid=0)

Please include our Stinson Reliant in production. Thanks

SeanTK
March 26th, 2013, 15:45
Added the Reliant.

krazycolin
March 26th, 2013, 18:44

Cheers

When MV and ND "split" (amicably) on the chopper side of things, we decided to do a 407. Unbeknownst to us, they had also decided to do one. We were well on our way when their announcement was made... so.. not sure what they're doing but ours is nearly done.

Sundog
March 26th, 2013, 19:09
Developer: Metal2Mesh
Aircraft Manufacturer: Dassault
Aircraft: Mirage 2000
Type: Single Engine Jet Fighter
Cost: Payware
Links:
https://metal2mesh.com/store/index.php
http://www.facebook.com/Metal2Mesh.Development

CurlSnout
March 26th, 2013, 19:51
developer = FSAddon
aircraft manufacturer = The Airplane Factory
aircraft model = Sling
aircraft type = Single Engine Prop
freeware/payware = Unknown
reference link = http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/?p=2268

OleBoy
March 26th, 2013, 19:59
My project I see is being listed as freeware. Not necessarily as I have yet to come to a decision.
I am considering it to be more of a donation-type where it will be beneficial of a cause. I'll know more as I progress.

Francois
March 26th, 2013, 23:22
developer = FSAddon
aircraft manufacturer = The Airplane Factory
aircraft model = Sling
aircraft type = Single Engine Prop
freeware/payware = Unknown
reference link = http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/?p=2268

The Sling is a payware project.

But we have a wonderful Gyrocopter lined up as a freeware addition to our stable.

Francois
March 26th, 2013, 23:29
I see our Anson is not yet listed.

Developer: FSAddon Publishing (Simon Smeiman and yours truly)
Manufacturer: Avro
Type(s): MkI, MkV and 19
Type: twin, WW2 bomber/transport
Payware
Proof? None, just telling ya that people on 3 continents are working on it (including some great folks from SOH!)
Released date: when we're done

Francois

timghetta
March 27th, 2013, 00:07
Developer: Metal2Mesh
Aircraft Manufacturer: Dassault
Aircraft: Mirage 2000
Type: Single Engine Jet Fighter
Cost: Payware
Links:
https://metal2mesh.com/store/index.php
http://www.facebook.com/Metal2Mesh.Development

Sundog just earned himself a Free Mirage 2000C!
Thanks for the mention.

CurlSnout
March 27th, 2013, 06:41
The QualityWings BAe 146 has already been released.
(The B787 is still in development.)

Stickshaker
March 27th, 2013, 13:02
Don't forget Warbirdsim's upcoming P-39 Aeracobra, plus I think John mentioned there are some other aircraft in the works there (sorry, can't find the thread).

Mike, should your revamped Me-262 series not be on the list?

DaveWG
March 27th, 2013, 13:31
The QualityWings BAe 146 has already been released.
(The B787 is still in development.)

The RJ70 / 85 / 100 part has been released, but the actual 146 series hasn't yet.

CurlSnout
March 27th, 2013, 14:12
The RJ70 / 85 / 100 part has been released, but the actual 146 series hasn't yet.

Thanks; I see that now, after going to the actual purchase page. This page (below) was giving me a confusion.

http://people.oregonstate.edu/~bradforc/fsx/BAe.jpg

SeanTK
March 27th, 2013, 14:15
Updated.
1815 EDT, March 27th 2013.

Sundog
March 27th, 2013, 18:05
Sundog just earned himself a Free Mirage 2000C!
Thanks for the mention.

Wow, thanks! I've always been a big fan of your work and I'm definitely looking forward to the Mirage. :)

mike_cyul
March 27th, 2013, 19:35
Mike, should your revamped Me-262 series not be on the list?

True, that is still in development, just waiting for the P-40 to be finished. Been spending so much time on the P-40 that even I had forgotten! Thanks for the reminder. :)

Ian Warren
March 27th, 2013, 22:02
Thanks; I see that now, after going to the actual purchase page. This page (below) was giving me a confusion.

Thanks for the HU and incoming 787 , i do have the QW146 , but the 787 very much looking forward to :cool:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

TheGrunt
March 28th, 2013, 08:06
Glowingheat is making FSX version of B-58 (Oh boy I wait that:running:). According to Glowingheat forum comment it is pretty much different and redone from FS9 version and far from simple portover. Definitely should be on the list :mixedsmi:

deeknow
March 28th, 2013, 13:51
Hey Sean. Great list mate. Another one to add is the Alabeo P38 Tomahawk, see: http://www.facebook.com/Alabeo

Be good to see this maintained over time, maybe create another column showing the announcement date, and maybe another sheet called "Shipped" that we can move aircraft to once their out, be interesting to look back on over time.

PRB
March 28th, 2013, 15:29
Isn't Vertigo Studios working on an early model B-25? They were, at some point. Hope they still are!

SeanTK
March 29th, 2013, 18:19
Updated 3/29/2013 with the following:

Flight Replicas Me-262 added
Alabeo Tomahawk added
Virtavia B-45 put into red (recently released) status
Just Flight Tristar entry removed
Captain Sim Tristar entry added
Glowingheat B-58 added
RAZBAM Helldiver added

I'm holding off on the Vertigo B-25 until we see their forums & developments back in action. The latest news I'm finding on the B-25 is from 2010.

There are approximately 80 aircraft in development at this time for FSX! Wow!

timghetta
March 29th, 2013, 19:02
you might want to add Metal2Mesh/Razbam are co-developing(50/50) a MiG-29 and Tornado GR-4.

MiG-29 here (http://metal2mesh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=41&sid=2e34d42831476a2f5579a5adb4d2518c)

Tornado here (http://metal2mesh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=48&sid=2e34d42831476a2f5579a5adb4d2518c)

SeanTK
March 29th, 2013, 20:42
Updated with the MiG and Tornado.

VinFlyer
March 29th, 2013, 23:29
Anyone here who knows something about a F/A-18C being in development? I remember seeing some early in progress pictures of it about a year ago (might have been longer). If I recall correct it was done by Iris, but can't find anything about it over there. So it might also have been Milviz, Razbam, M2M, or ....?

krazycolin
March 30th, 2013, 02:45
It was iris. ("Officially" announced a while back)

Aerosofts F-14's? Iris'?

SCARP
March 30th, 2013, 04:05

developer = P.Jorgensen
aircraft manufacturer = Dornier
aircraft model = 228-212
aircraft type = Twin Engine Turboprop
freeware/payware = Payware
Link = TBA

SeanTK
March 30th, 2013, 12:04
Updated 3/30/2013 @ 1605 EDT.

Moved Eagle Rotorcraft Bell 222 into red (recently released) status.
Added Do-228.
Removed Virtavia B-45 Tornado.

Tom@Cr1-Software
March 30th, 2013, 12:20
You are welcome to add the Cr1-Software Do335. 3 months from finish. Fsx Acceleration.

Tom Wood
Cr1-Software.
www.cr1-software.com

SeanTK
March 30th, 2013, 13:09
It's been on the list since the beginning sir.

heavy
April 1st, 2013, 08:16
Darn! Really was looking forward to a no kidding AH-1W in FSX. Really liked the way Milviz did the Chinook. Hope someone picks it up!

H

krazycolin
April 1st, 2013, 08:28
In effect, it's not so much cancelled as it is backburnered till we can find a coder who is interested in doing it...

heavy
April 1st, 2013, 09:13
Now that's great news, hope you find a coder. Your Chinook was/is spot on IMHO.

H

alehead
April 2nd, 2013, 02:40
Following a link on the Metal2Mesh facebook page, I read that the Mirage2000/C is cancelled...

Here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=476499842422223&set=a.145154028890141.35833.143676605704550&type=1&relevant_count=1

Shame... not only for Sundog...

A

hschuit
April 2nd, 2013, 03:05
Following a link on the Metal2Mesh facebook page, I read that the Mirage2000/C is cancelled...

Here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=476499842422223&set=a.145154028890141.35833.143676605704550&type=1&relevant_count=1

Shame... not only for Sundog...
A

Don't people make silly jokes on April 1st in Germany? Here is another one posted yesterday in their FB by Razbam Sims:

"RAZBAM Killing all the entertaiment military projects (FSX, P3D and DCS) and moves forward into the defense industry as a simulator content provider. This means that from today on, all our scheduled projects (military) will be treated as such and wont be available to general public.."

alehead
April 2nd, 2013, 13:11
:icon_lol:

I must admit, with Easter and all the other stuff going on around me, I took little notice of the date...

Egg:Face

A

CG_1976
April 2nd, 2013, 14:02
I thought I saw a group working on the Do328 Jet and Turbine? VirCol maybe? Hope i got the developer right and spelled right?

SeanTK
April 3rd, 2013, 17:39
List updated April 3, 2013:

Added - IAI Westwind 1124
Added - Britten-Norman Trislander
Removed - Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations Bell 222

Stefano Zibell
April 8th, 2013, 21:32
Why isn't the Restauravia Mirage III on the list? Has it been cancelled?

Firekitten
April 9th, 2013, 02:54
Probably because nobody remembered to suggest it... rather than an evil plot to cancel it covertly.

Stefano Zibell
April 9th, 2013, 08:31
Probably because nobody remembered to suggest it... rather than an evil plot to cancel it covertly.

Well I just did then. Only asked because in general, french devs are not very keen on releasing progress updates. If it got cancelled, very few people would know about it.

Firekitten
April 9th, 2013, 12:17
Firstly... smartass? uncalled for.

Secondly, I was being serious... its probably not in the list because untill you, nobody had mentioned it. That simple.

N2056
April 9th, 2013, 12:43
Well I just did then. Only asked because in general, french devs are not very keen on releasing progress updates. If it got cancelled, very few people would know about it, smartass.

Remarks like that are uncalled for, and unwelcome here. Perhaps you should review the terms of service.

Naki
April 9th, 2013, 13:26
What about the Vertigo Mosquito and B-25 - have these been canned?

papab
April 9th, 2013, 15:05
How about Dino's Cattaneo's S-3 Viking unless I missed it on the list

From his blog site:

"After a long evaluation, I've finally started working on the S-3 Viking... I have not decided yet if it will be an S-3A or an S-3B, and I am struggling to find the best way to generate good base textures... but it is definitely a very interesting machine.As you know, aircraft development in FSX is a quite complex and long process.. so it will take months before I'll have anything to share.
I think I had gathered all the pictures I could find on the web...but should you have interesting Viking pictures to share (especially for the interiors), they'd be welcome."

Rick

Stefano Zibell
April 9th, 2013, 18:51
Firstly... smartass? uncalled for.

Secondly, I was being serious... its probably not in the list because untill you, nobody had mentioned it. That simple.

Sorry about that, had a bad day.

AusWilko
April 12th, 2013, 03:57
Wasn't there another phantom in the works. I remember it was handed on to another party to finish off, the search thingee seems broke for me or I'd find it

hschuit
April 12th, 2013, 08:36
Wasn't there another phantom in the works. I remember it was handed on to another party to finish off, the search thingee seems broke for me or I'd find it

I guess that would be the Flying Stations Phantoms, indeed it's not on the list (yet).

AusWilko
April 12th, 2013, 12:39
I guess that would be the Flying Stations Phantoms, indeed it's not on the list (yet).
Thank you, that be the one I was thinking of, looking forward to it

Paul Domingue
April 15th, 2013, 17:26
Paul Domingue
Grumman
J2F Duck
Single Engine Prop
Freeware
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?75148-Bad-Duck&highlight=

Yob
April 15th, 2013, 20:21
There is a Spitfire Mk IX in the works as of yet. Being developed by myself and others.
Supermarine
Spitfire Mk IX and sub Variants
Single engine piston fighter
Payware
Proof ? I am the proof.

The company name is undecided as off yet will remain nameless. We have to decide one soon.:banghead: it's hard!

skyhawka4m
April 15th, 2013, 20:41
There is a Spitfire Mk IX in the works as of yet. Being developed by myself and others.
Supermarine
Spitfire Mk IX and sub Variants
Single engine piston fighter
Payware
Proof ? I am the proof.

The company name is undecided as off yet will remain nameless. We have to decide one soon.:banghead: it's hard!

Please do a bubble top variant!!!

Yob
April 15th, 2013, 20:49
I don't know if the mark 9 had a bubble top but if you can show me there was one. We may discuss but may not eventuate. But the product will be like WBS with all different types and similar quality to VRS, PMDG or A2A.

Cheers
Elijah

N2056
April 15th, 2013, 20:56
I believe that one of the requirements to get on the list is to have some sort of reference link to the project. A thread somewhere, or website, or something.
Perhaps you could be a little less mysterious?

Naki
April 15th, 2013, 21:11
I don't know if the mark 9 had a bubble top but if you can show me there was one. We may discuss but may not eventuate. But the product will be like WBS with all different types and similar quality to VRS, PMDG or A2A.

Cheers
Elijah

At the risk of sending this thread on a debate mired in the confusing world of different Spitfire Marks, most low back Merlin powered Spitfires were Mark XVIs, although there were a few MK-IX low backs built. If you were making a Mark IX, a Mark XVI low and high back wouldnt be that hard as the only real difference is the engine (Packard Merlin v RR Merlin). Of course there were different wing, gun and fin configurations of all Marks which complicates the issue further.

Here's a thread at Brittmodeller with a pic of a low back Mark IX.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234933205-spitfire-mkixe-low-back/

Yob
April 15th, 2013, 22:18
Thanks Naki. We will look into it. In-fact Spitfire marks aren't that confusing here are some things that differ.

Engine (Merlin 66 or XX or other types.)
Vertical Stabilizer,Rudder (there were three different types from what i can find.)
Horizontal Stabilizer, elevator ( 2 types )
Wings (A type trough E type) Wing types corresponded with armament types for instance MK VB means Mark 5 with b type wing which is 2 hispano cannons and six browning machine guns.
Cowling (numerous for all Marks most confusing thing)
Wheels (went from 5 spokes to 3)
Radiator went from 1 too 2

Then other production improvements like flush riveting and other ones like IFF and other stuff. In-fact i can almost tell most about a spit now by seeing it (provided it's a Picture not a painting ;) Ian)

Elijah

kilo delta
April 16th, 2013, 02:03
Thanks Naki. We will look into it. In-fact Spitfire marks aren't that confusing here are some things that differ.

Engine (Merlin 66 or XX or other types.)
Vertical Stabilizer,Rudder (there were three different types from what i can find.)
Horizontal Stabilizer, elevator ( 2 types )
Wings (A type trough E type) Wing types corresponded with armament types for instance MK VB means Mark 5 with b type wing which is 2 hispano cannons and six browning machine guns.
Cowling (numerous for all Marks most confusing thing)
Wheels (went from 5 spokes to 3)
Radiator went from 1 too 2

Then other production improvements like flush riveting and other ones like IFF and other stuff. In-fact i can almost tell most about a spit now by seeing it (provided it's a Picture not a painting ;) Ian)

Elijah

Any plans for a T9 variant,too? :)

SeanTK
April 16th, 2013, 14:14
Updated - April 16, 2013 at 1815 EDT.

Added:
Restauravia Mirage III
Dino's S-3 Viking
Paul's Duck
Yob's Spitfire
Vertigo Mosquito
Lionheart's Panthera

Recent Release Status (Red Status)
Black Box Simulations A330

Problems - I have not been able to find info on the Flying Station's Phantoms. Additionally, I cannot find info after 2010 regarding the Vertigo B-25.
As I specified earlier in this thread, I need evidence. I will accept word of mouth if it's from the developer directly, as in the recent "Yob Spitfire" case.

AusWilko
April 17th, 2013, 04:33
Thank you for a top job in doing this

Rattler
April 17th, 2013, 19:36
If im not mistaken Iris is doing a F-14 aswell soo why no mention?

Flyboy208
April 17th, 2013, 20:31
Sean, forgive me if I have not looked at every page of this great thread, any news out there on Michal Puto's PZL Orlik ? Mike :salute:

SeanTK
April 18th, 2013, 13:37
If im not mistaken Iris is doing a F-14 aswell soo why no mention?

It wasn't on the list because nobody mentioned it to me (unless I missed it earlier).
As I seemingly keep having to say, missing entries are not malicious.

Also, as I seemingly keep having to say....provide evidence.
I am aware of Iris' pre-existing F-14, but have not been able to find info on a current F-14 development from them. I have looked on their website and Facebook.

All,
When you are submitting entries, I need at least....at least....at least....a link to see for myself, if you are not the developer. If you are, just let me know what you're making.
The fields I will enter are: FS Developer, Aircraft Manufacturer, Aircraft Model, Aircraft Type, Payware/Freeware, Reference URL.

I need less "Isn't aircraft X in development?" and "why isn't x on here?". I don't know...is it in development? Show me.
I need "Sean, developer Y is making aircraft X, see this link for reference".

Mike,
I haven't heard anything about the Orlik in a while. I vaguely recall a thread here a few months ago where it was brought up, but I do not think that positive progress was made at that time. I'll be happy to add it if someone can provide evidence of recent development. :)

GrinningJester
April 19th, 2013, 04:07
RAZBAM / Unnamed - HAWKER Tempest Mk. V
(possibly Centaur-engined Mk. II further down the line)

Lionheart
April 19th, 2013, 11:49
Lionheart Creations:

Fairchild 24
Panthera

peter12213
April 19th, 2013, 14:31
Let's not forget the UKMIL Jaguar series, I'm sure many developements await us from UKMIL!

Francois
May 7th, 2013, 02:56
FSAddon semi-freeware (free for Sling customers): RAF 2000 autogyro
and Magni M24 Orion autogyro

FSAddon commercial: Searey amphib LSA

Daube
May 7th, 2013, 04:18
I'd like to add three entries:

Vought F-8 Crusader by RFN (freeware):
http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=53209
EDIT: ah, this one was already in the list, sorry....

Grumman RA-5C Vigilante by VectorSimWorks (payware):
http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=53373

And also a Lavochkine La-5 by Xavier (freeware):
http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=53382

kilo delta
May 7th, 2013, 07:58
Not sure if it's posted already...

Vertigostudios F-4F Wildcat https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vertigostudios/182854255092834 which is in early WIP

casey jones
May 23rd, 2013, 12:29
Freeware designers for the most part are not making real native airplanes because
I was told the learning curve is to steep.

Cheers

Casey

Paul Domingue
May 23rd, 2013, 19:06
Freeware designers for the most part are not making real native airplanes because
I was told the learning curve is to steep.

Cheers

Casey

The learning curve is steep. Most people started with FSDS then graduated to gMax and some on to Max and now there are other CAD programs such as Blender that are being used. Then there is a paint program to master and the techniques needed for your textures. Add to that C++ or XML gauge programming and don't forget the flight dynamics in the CFG and AIR files. And what about that sound file and then some special effects? And there is all the research time and in some cases monies involved to get the information needed for the model.

All these things have been around since before FSX and now P3d but what has happened is the "Sim Community" has become jaded. We want the more highly detailed, high complexity models that FSX allows.

For an individual designer, especially someone just starting out this can be extremely daunting and takes far more dedication then most are willing or able to give towards a hobby.

Payware companies have teams of several people and a monetary incentive.

Hummm? I wonder why there are very few freeware FSX native aircraft?

Francois
May 23rd, 2013, 23:00
Payware companies have teams of several people and a monetary incentive.

I wish that were true............ :isadizzy: I would insert the word 'some' in two places in that sentence. :icon_lol:

krazycolin
May 24th, 2013, 02:28
+1 Francois

OleBoy
May 24th, 2013, 05:05
Jaded

jad·ed
/ˈjādid/

Adjective
Tired, bored, or lacking enthusiasm, typically after having had too much of something.

Synonyms
weary - tired - exhausted

That about sums it up in my case. All Paul mentions has removed any "fun" I had enjoyed from the hobby.

SeanTK
May 27th, 2013, 06:05
I think the list is up to date yet again. Added the handful of entries mentioned in the past week, and deleted a few listings that have since been released.

heywooood
May 31st, 2013, 17:39
The good guys at Golden Age simulations have recently announced their next release will be the Great Lakes biplane - not certain if all variants are included though...

Spad54
June 5th, 2013, 05:53
The good guys at Golden Age simulations have recently announced their next release will be the Great Lakes biplane - not certain if all variants are included though...

The planned project would include the 85 hp American Cirrus III, the 95 hp Menasco C-4 Pirate as displayed at Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome and the 125 hp Warner Scarab. Staying with our focus on the Golden Age, the modern day replica Lycoming powered Great Lakes is not planned.

Spad54
June 5th, 2013, 05:58
I wish that were true............ :isadizzy: I would insert the word 'some' in two places in that sentence. :icon_lol:

I agree we're just 4 guys and the occasional consultant. Its part time work as we are all otherwise engaged with other real life activities. Although we are payware, we try to do a freeware a year and do it because we enjoy it. (for the most part)

heywooood
June 6th, 2013, 19:40
The planned project would include the 85 hp American Cirrus III, the 95 hp Menasco C-4 Pirate as displayed at Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome and the 125 hp Warner Scarab. Staying with our focus on the Golden Age, the modern day replica Lycoming powered Great Lakes is not planned.

Looking forward to seeing them in FSX

UKMIL
June 7th, 2013, 08:22
Let's not forget the UKMIL Jaguar series, I'm sure many developements await us from UKMIL!

currently in our hangar

http://www.ukmil.org.uk/e107_files/public/1370285070_3_FT50730_image1.jpg

http://www.ukmil.org.uk/e107_files/public/1346071915_3_FT66373_image7.jpg

http://www.ukmil.org.uk/e107_files/public/1331211863_3_FT63661_image7.jpg

PLUTO16
July 3rd, 2013, 05:20
Hi all,
We should be pleased if you add to this list our "Super Hog" (F-84F) currently under developing.
Thanks,
Ale

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/hogger_zps6e0cbe12.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/deeerttt_zpsd6263cf6.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/hoggr_zpsea14a4e3.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/det2_zpsca5e7b9e.jpg

heywooood
July 3rd, 2013, 06:27
ok - that's my favorite early burner....and she looks terrific so far

Mach3DS
July 3rd, 2013, 07:25
Love the early gas turbines! Been waiting for this one to be developed by someone!! It will go perfectly with the Milviz F-86F and the Vertigo Studios F9F!! This will be a must have, especially in bare metal polished versions :)

FlameOut
July 3rd, 2013, 17:34
Ohhhh, nice and any possibility for an "RF" version? :applause: :applause:

PLUTO16
July 4th, 2013, 04:21
Ohhhh, nice and any possibility for an "RF" version? :applause: :applause:

Hi,not for now,we have a workplan with other aicrafts following the '84F (Fiat G-91 R and T,Panavia Tornado IDS and Lockheed T33 Shooting Star) but any change is possible,is only a matter of time.
Stay tuned!

/Ale

FentiFlier1
July 4th, 2013, 04:59
Really nice to see a Thunderstreak for FSX. That's the sort of plane I didn't expect a payware dev would consider.

Think I'll be purchasing that one.

Owen.

ColoKent
July 4th, 2013, 15:22
....MilViz is doing a T-33...

As for the F-84-- excellent....just give us an option for two external tanks and no other pylons (one under each wing, vs. the two on each wing shown in the screenies--since one under each wing was the most standard configuration-- in fact, don't EVER recall seeing any with two under each wing....)! Too bad about the RF-, but I guess that's how it goes.

Kent

PLUTO16
July 6th, 2013, 01:41
....MilViz is doing a T-33...

As for the F-84-- excellent....just give us an option for two external tanks and no other pylons (one under each wing, vs. the two on each wing shown in the screenies--since one under each wing was the most standard configuration-- in fact, don't EVER recall seeing any with two under each wing....)! Too bad about the RF-, but I guess that's how it goes.

Kent

Hi,
As for our other products,you will be able to load a mix of ordnance under wings (and belly,for JATO rockets). With the payload configurator,you have the real time update for external loads,drag index and weight.The four tank layout was just an example!
Cheers,
/Ale

Bjoern
July 10th, 2013, 05:29
One for the list:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71293

I think the modeling and mapping was done and I was working on the XML stuff when I left it.

Also, once I'm done with the bloody manual and other bits, I think I'm going to make my 737-200 FSX native. Might want to add that, too.

Release dates for both: "When hell freezes over plus two weeks"

Sundog
July 12th, 2013, 15:41
Carenado is working on a Piper Malibu Mirage!!! Finally, I've been waiting a long time to have one of these in FS. :) You can see the preview pics at the incoming section of their website or their facebook page. They're working on a biz jet as well, apparently.

CG_1976
July 12th, 2013, 16:07
One for the list:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71293

I think the modeling and mapping was done and I was working on the XML stuff when I left it.

Also, once I'm done with the bloody manual and other bits, I think I'm going to make my 737-200 FSX native. Might want to add that, too.

Release dates for both: "When hell freezes over plus two weeks"

Bjoern specials love it:icon29:.

Bjoern
July 15th, 2013, 10:19
Bjoern specials love it:icon29:.

At least someone...!

SeanTK
July 21st, 2013, 14:51
I think everything's been updated now.
Deleted released entries.
Added quite a bit, including but not limited to:

All aircraft mentioned in this thread (hopefully)
Carenado 1900D
multiple Virtualcol aircraft
Virtavia B-29

Sundog
July 21st, 2013, 16:28
One correction, the RA-5C by Virtual Pilot, is a North American product, not Grumman. ;)

SiR_RiPPER
August 3rd, 2013, 13:58
Can you add our F-4 in as well?
Freeware F-4B/C for FSX. http://mysphericalview.blogspot.gr/?view=magazine
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27277424@N04/sets/72157634383204664/

Radium
January 7th, 2014, 14:50
Hello!

You can add our RafX!

We name her like so for legal reasons...

And the Vigilante, is from Vectorsimworks, like the RafX

Regards,

Radium

YoYo
January 7th, 2014, 22:53
Hello!

You can add our RafX!

We name her like so for legal reasons...

And the Vigilante, is from Vectorsimworks, like the RafX

Regards,

Radium

More screenies of Rafale X: https://www.facebook.com/vectorsimworks/photos_stream

Roger
January 7th, 2014, 22:58
This is an old thread. The new thread for FsX aircraft development is here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?83234-Looking-for-a-Native-FsX-aircraft-Start-here!