PDA

View Full Version : Ground2K V4.0 Question

Pen32Win
January 8th, 2009, 20:19
I just started working with Ground2K and thanks to my mentor things are going pretty well. One very weird problem cropped up that neither of us can explain. It has to do with the LC Selection Tool.

1. Created project, defined all of the corners no problem.
2. Selected all of the Directories to use, no problem
3. Set FS/CFS to CFS2, no problem.
4. Clicked on the LC Button and double clicked on the LOD13 Square I wanted to change.
5. LC Selection tool came up fine. Selected 033 Tropical Rainforest.

BOOM!!! Run-time error '53': File Not Found

Hit OK, got CTD'ed.

Now I traced this down to the file that wasn't found.
It's a texture file in the SCENEDB/World/Scenery Folder.

LC 033 uses the 019 Series of textures. In CFS2 you only have 019H2SU1-7, there is no 019B2SU1-7 series.

Now on my mentor's PC he also has no 019B Series, but it works OK for him. On My machine CDT. To work around this I copied the entire 019H series and renamed them 019B's. After that no more CDT.

My question is why does this happen on my machine but on others there is no problem with the missing B texture sets?

Pen32Win
January 9th, 2009, 11:41
Now we have found a difference. He does not see previews in the LC Selection tool and I do. We both have the same version and the same LC.txt file in the Ground2K/Resources directory.

We still can't figure out why it will not see "H" Series textures, only "B" Series.

rhumbaflappy
January 9th, 2009, 12:51
Hi Pen32Win.

"b" is the default would texture set for the FS series. Remember that Ground2K was written for FS2002, not CFS2... that was just something Christian added at the last moment to humor me.

Your solution to add the 'b' textures is the best. ( The program CTD's me as well ).

Dick

MaskRider
January 9th, 2009, 13:29
Dick,

Any idea why G2k doesn't give Pen's "mentor" a preview, an error message or a CTD even though said mentor doesn't have the "b" series textures? Other than no previews, the LC dialogue box works fine for him.

Could it be that even though he has never built scenery for it, he has FS2004 loaded on his machine and it contains the "b" series of textures?

And why no preview? Not that its ever made much difference to him- he's just wondering.;)

Thanks.

Pen32Win
January 9th, 2009, 13:39
Thanks Rumba;

I thought it may have something to do with FS2K*.

Do you know why one person would see Texture Previews in the LC Selection Tool and another person running the same version of G2K would not? Same DLL's and Install Location too...

I also did a little hacking in the LC.txt file. I found that it is a relationship file that links a LC# to a Texture Set# and its name. First I made a copy of it and then went through all of the Original Classes listed and removed all of the Non-CFS2 LC/Textures. I matched this up against the LC listing file that Sander Created to ensure I wasn't missing anything. There were two and I just manually added them.

This way I can scroll trough them without the worry of CDT.

Sorry if this is Old Hat to you guys but I'm just getting started and I find that writing about it helps me get new things past my very bad short term memory into my very good long term memory.

Jean Bomber
January 11th, 2009, 15:51
I also did a little hacking in the LC.txt file. I found that it is a relationship file that links a LC# to a Texture Set# and its name. First I made a copy of it and then went through all of the Original Classes listed and removed all of the Non-CFS2 LC/Textures. I matched this up against the LC listing file that Sander Created to ensure I wasn't missing anything. There were two and I just manually added them.

Thanks Pen to share this idae ,i've did the same and that has made the LC dialog box list more clear and these corrections in the LC.txt ,matched up against the SDC's list adapted to cfs2 ,seem increase the choice of textures .

Great job !:applause:

JP