PDA

View Full Version : Maam-Sim DC-3 Gauges?

Crash_Hawk
March 20th, 2013, 09:25
Hello all,

Have a bit of a problem. I ordered and installed the Maam-Sim DC-3/C-47 in FSX. I don't have any of the MAAM_R4D! gauges in sim but I can look at, modify and change the gauges in FS Panel Studio. I have already looked on their forums for a fix but I couldn't find anything.

Can anyone help?

Jonathan

PRB
March 20th, 2013, 12:34
FS Panel Studio, by default, looks in the FS9 gauges folder for gauges. So if you have the MAAM DC-3 installed in FS9, perhaps this is what's happening.

AussieMan
March 20th, 2013, 13:45
Have you been to the MAAM-SIM homepage and picked up the fixes that make it FSX compatible? There are several files there. I have these and have no problems with the gauges.

ncooper
March 20th, 2013, 14:36
Have you been to the MAAM-SIM homepage and picked up the fixes that make it FSX compatible? There are several files there. I have these and have no problems with the gauges.

I am sure you are correct.

For the OP, my Fs9 version of MAAM_R4D.gau is dated 06 ‎May ‎2005, ‏‎16:46:48.
The FSX version is 08 ‎February ‎2007, ‏‎16:03:38.

You need to be here
http://www.maam.org/flightsim/enhance/r4d_enhance.htm#FSX%20BASIC%20COMPATIBILITY%20UPDA TE%20FOR%20R4D/DC-3/C-47%20CD

If we are correct, you could have ordered the FSX version which, I believe, contains all the required fixes.

I have had this excellent model since Fs2002 and it has been my aircraft of choice since then.
Throughout all the updates I have not yet encountered a problem with the gauges.
The team that developed it were masters in their field and their updates have been faultless.
The only disappointment is that there will be no more aircraft models from them.