PDA

View Full Version : Back In Time

Ickie
March 19th, 2013, 06:10
Yesterday I got pissed at IE-10, lol .....................
I gathered some old parts from yesterday, like an old asus MB from Hey Moe, and a processor from panther, I had an old HD from 2009 with vista on it, and 2 gigs of memory, that old nvidia 6800 vid card, than I got out an old case and power supply, ................. and all them old fans.
Well it took all day because since 2009 when the HD was taken offline it had Vista on it.
Well 245 updates later and I just got finished, lol, I found lots of neet old stuff left behind.
Remember Netwings, yes all them old links, it's kinda need looking at things I forgot.
Even them old downloads, hahaha to games which no longer exsist.
Bottom line I got IE-9 back, what a god send.

FSX68
March 20th, 2013, 12:56
Yesterday I got pissed at IE-10, lol .....................
I gathered some old parts from yesterday, like an old asus MB from Hey Moe, and a processor from panther, I had an old HD from 2009 with vista on it, and 2 gigs of memory, that old nvidia 6800 vid card, than I got out an old case and power supply, ................. and all them old fans.
Well it took all day because since 2009 when the HD was taken offline it had Vista on it.
Well 245 updates later and I just got finished, lol, I found lots of neet old stuff left behind.
Remember Netwings, yes all them old links, it's kinda need looking at things I forgot.
Even them old downloads, hahaha to games which no longer exsist.
Bottom line I got IE-9 back, what a god send.

Your story brings this song to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

Gdavis101
March 20th, 2013, 14:08
Vista is the mother of all useless updates.. I did a restore on an old laptop I had, should have just installed it from a newer Vista disc instead of using the laptops restore discs... took all ******* day! Turned it on a month later and Vista had corrupted itself doing updates.. Gave it to my niece.

Allen
March 20th, 2013, 15:27
Typing this from a XP SP2 using IE-8 getting a kick out of it....

Also taking a break from modding Red Alert 1 circa 1998 Real-time strategy game.

Get off of my cyber-lawn?