PDA

View Full Version : New announcement from Iris

strykerpsg
March 18th, 2013, 18:37
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc6/211221_56985552415_350707840_q.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/irissimulations?ref=stream)IRIS Flight Simulation Software (http://www.facebook.com/irissimulations?ref=stream) shared a link (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 DuR0xG64jOzg&h=7AQHJrPxzAQFwxJJ6rkh4YxlgoPWJ8C5xScwIr33xx9S_jA&enc=AZNQgy2tSnbj5kPgVpsCiw7P98IN1gUhkO-1-j2G9B7_ewnD01LuyHhUTbfPZAbAnWcr9s9wtb2T8bN0RGxRvN-f&s=1).<a class="uiLinkSubtle" href="https://www.facebook.com/irissimulations/posts/152258964938256"><abbr title="Friday, March 15, 2013 at 3:17am" data-utime="1363342631">Friday</abbr>

Well, I did say there would be news.. :)

As promised, our commitment to Vertical Reality Simulations and TacPack has resulted in our being invited to take part in the TacPack SDK closed Beta Testing.

Here we show the IRIS A-10 take on a...n AI spawned Hornet testing the use of the on-board cannon for shoot-down abilities as a proof of concept.

We will be incorporating TackPack SDK into a number of our top selling products such as the PC-21 with a variety of improvements.

These improvements will include such items as active countermeasure systems, both air to air and air to ground radar, in-flight refueling and the ability to use working ordnance and deploy it against targets in both single player and multi-player environments.

We will be sure to keep you up to date with developments and showing off various works in progress.

The first aircraft under development with TacPack integration is the Tactical Airlifter MLU inspired by the C-27J Spartan, which will be powered by TacPack and will feature in-flight refueling, stores management and countermeasure systems.

Whilst TacPack won't be required to run the upgraded product, there will be added features by having the TacPack SDK installed on your system when it is released.

We are very proud to be included in the development of the TacPack SDK and the added opportunities this collaboration brings to our customers and fans.

Both Karen and myself would like to take this opportunity to thank both Jon Blum and Chris Tracy for their continued faith in our teams abilities and our business.

Best of all though?? Our TacPack upgrades won't cost you a cent!

We PROMISE that we will not charge you for our time and effort to add these fantastic features to our aircraft!

Many of you have been patiently waiting for some time for this integration and it is our opinion that your loyalty is justly rewarded.

It is only fair that you benefit of these features without having to put your hand in your wallet for yet another 'upgrade'. :)

Fantastic Times ahead!

~David & Karen.

strykerpsg
March 18th, 2013, 18:39
Looks very interesting.....also, anyone know why I wouldn't be able to use the enter key in messages? I know my keyboard works and this is the only forum the enter key won't allow me to start a new line of talk...

skyhawka4m
March 18th, 2013, 19:07
they also posted shots of the A-10 with new glass material and new pilot....I recommnded some new loadouts, more common ones with accurate sized weapons, and sniper pods....they responded with a "well how about an A-10C update?"

sounds good to me

glennc
March 18th, 2013, 19:45
Looks very interesting.....also, anyone know why I wouldn't be able to use the enter key in messages? I know my keyboard works and this is the only forum the enter key won't allow me to start a new line of talk...

Matt, same here. I've commented on it a couple times. I suspect it's rather off topic in a thread like this. That's the same thing I did. The funny thing is the "return" key on my IPad works fine, but not the PC keyboard.

Glenn

papab
March 18th, 2013, 23:29
Having the same problem with the enter key for a new line of text I upgraded to IE10, maybe that is the problem Rick

hschuit
March 19th, 2013, 00:03
Having the same problem with the enter key for a new line of text I upgraded to IE10, maybe that is the problem Rick
Same here, problem started after the IE10 upgrade last week. As a workaround, I type my post in Notepad, then copy-paste it into the forum LOL.

IanHenry
March 19th, 2013, 01:04

Yes, I also have this problem, I thought it was just me! Regards. Ian.

papab
March 19th, 2013, 01:36
Same here, problem started after the IE10 upgrade last week. As a workaround, I type my post in Notepad, then copy-paste it into the forum LOL.

Thanks for the suggestion Rick

rvn817j
March 20th, 2013, 09:48
Owning the VRS F-18 I've been "halfheartedly" monitoring the progress of the VRS TacPack. After I saw the Iris announcement, I went to the VRS Support Forums and saw that Metal2Mesh and Razbam are also planning to integrate TacPack into some models. I went to the TacPack wiki (link below) and, after reading the Introduction, I purchased a license to the TacPack (if for no other reason than to support a 'forward thinking FSX supporter').

http://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/TacPack_Documentation#TacPack_Installation

I know this is one of the more popular gathering places for FSX military aircraft enthusiasts and would be an ideal place to discuss the possibilities of TacPack (beside the support forums...of course). My questions for this august group are: (1) Who's using this "Add-On"; (2) Should we discuss a "sub forum" for it; and (3) Anybody interested in my experience as I go through the install, setup and use process?

One of the things I found interesting in the program (besides the ability to blow things up with missiles, guns and bombs) is a "spawning" capability for AI tankers and carriers (instructions say that there is no need for AI Carriers with this add-on). Looking forward to comments.

Stickshaker
March 20th, 2013, 10:29
Thank you, David and Karen, for your work on and faith in this new product. I am glad your work on the A-10 shows TacPack is also applicable to products that were developed before it was released. Hopefully, some of your other recent products like the F-22 and F-15E can also be made compatible with TacPack.

Daveroo
March 20th, 2013, 11:38
Owning the VRS F-18 I've been "halfheartedly" monitoring the progress of the VRS TacPack. After I saw the Iris announcement, I went to the VRS Support Forums and saw that Metal2Mesh and Razbam are also planning to integrate TacPack into some models. I went to the TacPack wiki (link below) and, after reading the Introduction, I purchased a license to the TacPack (if for no other reason than to support a 'forward thinking FSX supporter').

http://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/TacPack_Documentation#TacPack_Installation

I know this is one of the more popular gathering places for FSX military aircraft enthusiasts and would be an ideal place to discuss the possibilities of TacPack (beside the support forums...of course). My questions for this august group are: (1) Who's using this "Add-On"; (2) Should we discuss a "sub forum" for it; and (3) Anybody interested in my experience as I go through the install, setup and use process?

One of the things I found interesting in the program (besides the ability to blow things up with missiles, guns and bombs) is a "spawning" capability for AI tankers and carriers (instructions say that there is no need for AI Carriers with this add-on). Looking forward to comments.

1.no..im not "yet" using TacPack"...but if its going to work with the A-10..im in as soon as its ready,
2.yes i think a sub-forum for this would be wise as this seems to be growing ,and gaining momentum into reality..(i admit i dont fully understand what it is all about,and id like to see a sub-forum dedicated to the TacPack SDK and all it can do and does)
3.and yes,id like to follow your experiences as you travel this road...

Victory103
March 20th, 2013, 13:51
rvn817j,
Pre-ordered TP and had the chance to beta test. I honestly think the structure and support on the VRS forums is good enough even with the SDK release looming, having several forums covering the same topic might get confusing to new users. There are still bugs that pop up, so the VRS dude(s) stay pretty busy but the forum has many experienced users (like myself) that don't mind helping out. As with many forums, people tend to forget about search button and several duplicate threads start monthly for very basic fixes.

As far as this announcement, flew the Iris A-10 alot in a military VA and loved it, but very hard to get out of the DCS Hawg "C" and fly FSX back to back. I realize having a comparable version for FSX/P3D would require a complete rework, so just having the ability to move mud and swiss cheese tanks with the GAU are good for now.

warchild
March 20th, 2013, 14:55
Last I knew, DCS didnt have advanced flight model capability. Everything was based on a simple flight model which pretty much means ( in simplified terms ) that an A-10 and an F-18 fly almost identically.. Of course, its been a couple months since i did anything for iris, so things may have changed with DCS since then, however, i'm still under the impression that you have only a sim0le flight model in DCS and if you wish to get a more realistic flight envelope, your gonna have to fly FSX or P3D..

rvn817j
March 21st, 2013, 02:57
(I'm with Warchild. The fidelity of flight in FSX is so much better than many other offerings (I have no opinion on X10) that weaponizing FSX is going to result in a much better flight weapons simulator).

I spent about 4 hours reading, installing, messing about with the TacPack and FSX. My goal for the day was to just drop or shoot some ordinance without wrecking my FSX install. Mission accomplished, I was able to get the gun working and ended up wounding a Cherokee (no flames, just parts flying off).

Like many things FSX, getting TacPack up and running involves lots of reading, FSX and controller configuration and cockpit "buttonology". Although I got it working last evening, I sacrificed some scenery / visual detail (on my mid-range system) and still have not read or understand the "buttonology" of the system. At this point I have three major topics yet to address - (1) Accomplish a complete reconfiguration of my flight controller (G940 using FSForce); (2) tweak my software to get better performance (and, possibly, swap out my CPU for one that is faster); and (3) keep reading to get the "buttonology" smoothed out.

I haven't used the TacPack yet for spawning AI tankers or carriers. That is still on the horizon. Looking forward to this week end when I will have more time.

Phantom88
March 21st, 2013, 06:14
Last I knew, DCS didnt have advanced flight model capability. Everything was based on a simple flight model which pretty much means ( in simplified terms ) that an A-10 and an F-18 fly almost identically.. Of course, its been a couple months since i did anything for iris, so things may have changed with DCS since then, however, i'm still under the impression that you have only a sim0le flight model in DCS and if you wish to get a more realistic flight envelope, your gonna have to fly FSX or P3D..

Hello Pam,Have you tried DCS World? If not Please give it a try,It is free to download and comes with a very Advanced Flight Model Aircraft,The Su-25T.

I can assure you,All DCS aircraft do not have the same flight Characteristics.IMHO the AFM is the most Advanced to ever to be brought to The Desktop PC.

MenendezDiego
March 21st, 2013, 12:03
Hello Pam,Have you tried DCS World? If not Please give it a try,It is free to download and comes with a very Advanced Flight Model Aircraft,The Su-25T.

I can assure you,All DCS aircraft do not have the same flight Characteristics.IMHO the AFM is the most Advanced to ever to be brought to The Desktop PC.

What he said ^,

Not only does DCS have advanced flight model capability (A-10C, SU-25T, KA-50, P-51D) but it is AMAZING!

FentiFlier1
March 21st, 2013, 13:30
I've been flying the free DCS world Su-25T for the last three months.

It is very enjoyable, much much better than the original Lock-On game. I'd say it compares well with top quality fsx FDEs. Runs very smoothly too.

By the way, it seems Eagle Dynamics want to expand the DCS platform to enable combat simulation of WW2 to present-day aircraft over several maps.

Owen

jetstreamsky
March 22nd, 2013, 08:01
The various add-on modules are on sale now too ( between 20 and 27 March.)

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/