PDA

View Full Version : Coming in 2009....

mike_cyul
January 8th, 2009, 16:45
... from Flight Replicas. Just to give you a little idea of what's being worked on. All are WIP, so don't look too closely, but these are far enough along to be able to show screenshots. More bump-mapping and details to come.

And there will be other aircraft coming as well, including the Messerschmitt Me-262 Nightfighter in the not-too-distant-future.

The aircraft pictured here are PA-11's, which became the Super Cub shortly afterward (the first PA-18's were essentially PA-11's with a new fuselage -before the bigger engines, flaps and avionics showed up), and the Wagner Twin Cub.

The 1951 Twin was actually pretty successful as an aircraft design, but, not surprisingly, wasn't successful as a commercial venture. Wagner himself called it "The Oddity". People sat in the right fuselage only, the left being gutted and used just to hold the second engine. After 150 hours flight time, Wagner turned it back into two aircraft again. Fun to fly, though!

Anyway, more on all that as things progress. :mixedsmi:

Mike

PS There's a review of the L-4 at Simflight:

http://simflight.com/2009/01/review-flight-replicas-l-4-fsx/

mike_cyul
January 8th, 2009, 16:46
Just a few more pics:

MCDesigns
January 8th, 2009, 16:54
Love the float version Mike!! :ernae:

Lionheart
January 8th, 2009, 17:14
Nice looking Pipers there Mike!

Love the full cowling and the wing ribbing.

What in tarnation is that twin fuselage model? Why did they do that? I am interested in its history.

Bill

EgoR64
January 8th, 2009, 17:18
:rapture:

Very Cool !! :friday:

Panther_99FS
January 8th, 2009, 18:33
:applause::applause::applause:

Pepere
January 8th, 2009, 18:40
Super. But I think two collided.:caked:

David

mike_cyul
January 8th, 2009, 18:40
Nice looking Pipers there Mike!

Love the full cowling and the wing ribbing.

What in tarnation is that twin fuselage model? Why did they do that? I am interested in its history.

Bill

I believe that Wagner just wanted to make an aircraft with the performance of a twin, as inexpensively as possible. Apparently it flew extremely well despite its appearance, and was pretty fast, as you might expect a 190 hp Cub to be. Originally it had a 65 hp and an 85 hp engine, but that was upgraded to two 85 hp.

When things are a little further along, I'll post some shots of what the view from the cockpit is like. I've had to guess at some of the interior, as info is pretty scarce, so hopefully my experience as a former EAA chapter prez (we had some 60 aircraft) has helped to guide the guessing....

Kind of a shame that the wing loading didn't allow both cockpits to be used.

Wagner was also the guy who made a twin-engined Tri Pacer, which you can see in one of the pics below.

Mike

rohan
January 8th, 2009, 22:04
Mike,
you mentioned the Me-262 night fighter. Are you planning to release that as a download, or just as part of the Flight1 CD ? Also, any news on the latter, please ?
best regards,
Ro
:applause:

Dangerousdave26
January 9th, 2009, 04:01
That is nice Mike but how did they keep the props from hitting each other? :isadizzy:

mike_cyul
January 9th, 2009, 04:58
Mike,
you mentioned the Me-262 night fighter. Are you planning to release that as a download, or just as part of the Flight1 CD ? Also, any news on the latter, please ?
best regards,
Ro
:applause:

As things are now, the 262 will indeed be available as a download, but only after the Flight1 CD is released.

Mike

mike_cyul
January 9th, 2009, 04:59
That is nice Mike but how did they keep the props from hitting each other? :isadizzy:

There was an extension on the left-hand prop shaft. :)

Mike

txnetcop
January 9th, 2009, 05:03
You are about to make a lot of people very happy:woot::jump::jump::jump:
Ted

Boomer
January 9th, 2009, 09:12
Sweet! :applause::applause::applause:

I like that twin engined contraption! :ernae:

CBris
January 27th, 2009, 07:35
You're bringing these out on April 1st, right?

JensOle
January 27th, 2009, 09:51
Looking very good!

What about including a Me262 model for the modern build "me 262 project" as well?

mike_cyul
January 27th, 2009, 17:12
Looking very good!

What about including a Me262 model for the modern build "me 262 project" as well?

There are enough differences between old and 'new' 262's to make them different models - and there are no plans to do that for now.

:rapture:

Mike

mike_cyul
January 27th, 2009, 17:25
While we're at it, here are a few external shots of the upcoming 262's, taken today. Just a bit more work to do on the recon version, and that should be it.

Mike

fliger747
January 27th, 2009, 19:15
Always loved the cub. I own a 54 A model upgraded and rebuilt (by Cub Crafters) with a supertuned 150 HP O-320, Borer, floats, wheels and skis. What a fun plane to fly, and all of the great places to explore in Alaska!

Cheers: Tom