PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting sick of winter?

robert41
March 17th, 2013, 13:15
We had a dusting of snow everyday last week, and a surprising 3 or 4 inch snowfall friday night. Temps got up above freezing saturday and helped melt some of it. Now monday we are looking at 2 to 4 inches, followed by some pretty cold temps for much of the week. Lows near 5F or -15C. We still have a couple of feet of snow on the ground. Iam ready for spring.

CG_1976
March 17th, 2013, 13:24
Well if I was home in Yellowknife or Green Bay, I'd be sick of winter. Here in Texas it's been summer all winter for me lol. Although I have been called nuts and crazy here in San Antonio for going swimming and or using the Hot tub outside when the air temp at night was 35F. The only complaint I'll issue about Texas is my beer don't keep cold outside long errr. The USAF provides excellent daily Air Entertainment.

Daveroo
March 17th, 2013, 13:32
here at my home..its been near 80 most all week..we might get light rain wed..but doesnt look good...and more warm weather after that....

Sascha66
March 17th, 2013, 13:59
Same over the pond - spring seemed in the air two weeks bakc, but winter is now back with a vengeance with temperatures below freezing and snow falling all week and forecast for the coming week:santahat:

Kiwikat
March 17th, 2013, 14:21
Oh man, winter is driving me to insanity. This is the first winter I've had to deal with since I bought my motorcycle. I don't know how much more of this I can take without going completely crazy thinking about riding. I already installed my new seat, am going to install my new saddle bags this upcoming weekend, and have planned a whole bunch of trips for this year. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! :pop4:

Any other riders out there? How do you deal with winter? :blind:

PRB
March 17th, 2013, 14:36
No. I need one more big snow storm, preferably 7" or more. I need to exercise the 4WD in my Jeep.

Great Ozzie
March 17th, 2013, 14:50
No. I need one more big snow storm, preferably 7" or more. I need to exercise the 4WD in my Jeep.

:icon_lol:

Amen to that! Same same for me but for the F-250HD. :p:

Here in Indy maybe an inch tonite... hopefully not slush - bleeh!

-Rob

aircav1970
March 17th, 2013, 15:42
Down here in the Valley of the Sun,(Phoenix),it was 93 a couple of days ago,been hovering in the high 80's most everyday.....summer is just around the corner and I am thinking it is gonna be a record high this year.....Just hope my A/C is up to the task,it's about 12 years old now but I have it serviced at least twice a year.:icon_eek:

Willy
March 17th, 2013, 16:00
I'm in no real big hurry for summer here. I can always put on more clothes against the cold. But you can only take so much off in the heat.

T Square
March 17th, 2013, 17:15
Down here in Texas winter is all but over, in the 80's today. Sorry:jump:

Navy Chief
March 17th, 2013, 17:21
I am sick of the Snowbirds! Only a few more weeks, and they head back home to NJ, IN, MN, and other states. The traffic congestion here in Fort Myers is h... during season. Most of the time, I rrarely go anywhere special on weekends because the crowds are horrible. Wait times at restaurants are ridiculous. Happiness is waving goodbye to these people.

NC

yank51
March 17th, 2013, 17:37
I'm in no real big hurry for summer here. I can always put on more clothes against the cold. But you can only take so much off in the heat.

And be legal, that is....:icon_lol:

Odie
March 17th, 2013, 20:37
Here in Texas, we're in the stretch of the year before A/C season kicks in....cool evenings and mild daytime temps!

beana51
March 18th, 2013, 07:05
I am sick of the Snowbirds! Only a few more weeks, and they head back home to NJ, IN, MN, and other states. The traffic congestion here in Fort Myers is h... during season. Most of the time, I rrarely go anywhere special on weekends because the crowds are horrible. Wait times at restaurants are ridiculous. Happiness is waving goodbye to these people.

NC
Yes Chief,yer correct..soon we will have our normal traffic flow..Just downright Dangerous..Normal for this Bone Yard...Watch yer "T_BONES"...Cool here in Southern Fla....Longer than I can remember..But Soon we will have our PURGOTORY again...But if its snowing in the Mid West?? Dem Snow Birds Will Not Leave...STAY SAFE!!.Cheers!!

mgchrist5
March 18th, 2013, 07:17

You took the words right out of my mouth! I'm one of those weirdos who actually loves the cold weather and winter. I can't stand the heat. Places like Florida are my mortal enemies! :icon_lol: So I have to say, I'm totally fine with this winter. It's actually been a relatively mild season in SE Pennsylvania...even though other parts of the US have had a rough one.

Sascha66
March 18th, 2013, 17:39
Another 6 inches of snow falling this night as i type :snowman:
I'm going to fix myself a Glühwein before bed!

stansdds
March 19th, 2013, 02:01
We had a rain mixed with sleet Sunday and into the wee hours of Monday, temperatures today will be normal, but after that they will be running 10F below average for at least the next week. :isadizzy:

KellyB
March 19th, 2013, 05:04
Depending on whose report you believe, we're gonna get 10-14 in today and tonite.

Stupid groundhog!

n4gix
March 19th, 2013, 05:30
I am sick of the Snowbirds! Only a few more weeks, and they head back home to NJ, IN, MN, and other states. The traffic congestion here in Fort Myers is h... during season.
I can sympathize. When my late parents finally retired to their "dream home," they had it built on a lot they'd purchased back in the mid-sixties on the south end of Estero Island. During the winter season, just a drive to church on Sunday was typically a two hour ordeal. The church was located about 1.3 miles north of them...

...they soon learned to take the sloop instead of trying to drive! :)

Whenever they had to go to Ft. Myers for shopping, they had to drive south and go through Naples, as trying to take the "short way" was simply an exercise in futility.

My brother and I lived in Ft. Myers and were attending what was then called "Edison Community College" and going to spend the weekend with our parents nearly always involved going through Naples as well.

Thankfully, after only a dozen years there, they decided to relocate their retirement to Harlingen, TX to the "Golden Palms" retirement community. The only regret is that dad had to sell his cherished 32' sloop he had docked behind the house in the canal. :ernae:

Navy Chief
March 19th, 2013, 08:24
Whenever they had to go to Ft. Myers for shopping, they had to drive south and go through Naples, as trying to take the "short way" was simply an exercise in futility.

The traffic congestion is so bad in Naples, FL, that I don't go there, even during off-season!

I am SOOOO looking forward to moving to Costa Rica next year:salute: NC

n4gix
March 20th, 2013, 07:56
The traffic congestion is so bad in Naples, FL, that I don't go there, even during off-season!
Oh my! Now I'm doubly glad they sold their home on Estero Island! What's funny is that the lot was only $6,000 when they bought it, they designed the house themselves, hired an architect to finalize the blueprints, and had it constructed for just under $140,000...

Just over twelve years later, they sold the house for $2.6 million! Wow, talk about appreciated value over time. :jump: I told my parents to please do NOT leave either my brother or I the property in their Wills as neither of us could have afforded the taxes...
:jawdrop:

huub vink
March 20th, 2013, 10:37
I definitely need some spring! I gained a lot of weight, because it was wither too cold, too slippery or too wet to cycle!

Huub