PDA

View Full Version : Distorted Display with non-FSX models ???

CurlSnout
March 17th, 2013, 09:20
Inspired in part by the recent postings from the GAS team and their Travelair Mystery Ship project, I've been working on getting a nice working model in FSX for the P-26 Peashooter. Looking back through some older posts, I came upon some references to Wolfi's FS2004 model performing fine in FSX - some tweaking required. Anyway, I've got the plane in, and I have working gauges in the panel, but here's the thing: I run my FSX display at my monitor's native resolution - 1920x1200 (32 bit color). When I run the P-26, the display I see in FSX fills the screen left-to-right, but only fills part of the screen top-to-bottom (the remainder of the screen is black). So, everything I see is distorted, squished/squashed. This (the P-26) is the only plane that manifests this way. Can someone point me to the parameter that controls the way things are displayed, other than in the Display Settings? Extra thanks, in advance, cs.

Dangerous Beans
March 17th, 2013, 09:43
Open the panel.cfg in notepad and under the [Window00] section delete the line that reads render_3d_window=1
Save and restart FSX.

CurlSnout
March 17th, 2013, 10:09
http://people.oregonstate.edu/~bradforc/fsx/P-26.jpg

falcon409
March 17th, 2013, 10:24
Sweet lookin' airplane, too bad there's no VC.:crybaby: lol