PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to buy another copy of FSX?

djscoo
January 8th, 2009, 15:32
I just finished building a new rig, will I need to buy another copy of FSX or will it let me activate it twice?

harleyman
January 8th, 2009, 15:38
If the other rig is online it may not let you.....

But it will install is the new rig is online and the old rig is offline...

The worst that will happen is they make you call and verify...Once I had that fail(its automated) and it went to a real person.I just told them I had to install a new HDD and they assigned new keys for themselves,and I typed in a set of numbers they gave me and that was it..

You will have no real probs..just make sure the other copy is off line first...

MCDesigns
January 8th, 2009, 16:25
yep, what HM said:amen:

I have installed 4 times on 2 different machines and have never had an issue or had to call, it was automatic.

Good luck with the new rig!!

Henry
January 8th, 2009, 16:30
Thats comforting as i have a new rig
and was wondering also
Thanks
H

fliger747
January 8th, 2009, 17:19
The liscense agreement as far as I know is for one install. However many simmers do use it on more than one computer. I have had to call in the past as this last two years has been a bad time for computers and operating systems. A friendly voice on te other end of the line, Floyd or Julie in Mumbai... They will keep asking you the same questions, hoping or a misstep.

I do have two copies, one a purchased version and the other the RTM build from the end of beta test.

Cheers: T.

DaveKDEN
January 8th, 2009, 17:52
Shouldn't have to. I initially installed FSX on my old computer, but found out it didn't run worth a darn so I removed it. Bought my new rig last March and installed FSX no problem. Still running like a champ.

djscoo
January 8th, 2009, 18:06
Okay, just finished installing FSX on new rig (thanks guys)...now for acceleration!

MM
January 8th, 2009, 19:24
Sorry to persist. I've had to build a new system and will need to make a 3rd installation. What number did you call, Tom?

smoores
January 8th, 2009, 19:55
Thats weird, I just came on the forum for the exact same thing.:woot:

harleyman
January 8th, 2009, 20:24
You just run the disk to install FSX...After you enter your key numbers ,if you are rejected it will then give you a toll free number to call..Its automated at that point,you just read your numbers off and they have you type in new ones ..Thats it....

fliger747
January 8th, 2009, 21:38
Yup....

CBris
January 8th, 2009, 23:08
Tut tut...