PDA

View Full Version : two killed at marysville (cali) speedway

Daveroo
March 17th, 2013, 09:15
this is just a shame...some years ago they had a "big rig" race and two trucks got together and a driver died......his truck wasnt built correctly..and they let it slide by just for the "show",in 1983 i ran a race at this track..the only time i drove there...we were waiting for our A-main and watching the super stock A-main when a car climbed the wall in 3,took out a light pole and punched a purfect hole in the wooden fence ,the flagman and announcer missed it...the light pole flipped over backwards..behind the fence rather than on to the track,the cars kept running because they didnt know either....but a tow driver saw it...he turned on his safety lights ,as did the ambulance,and the tow driver went down to start finish,stayed just inside the infield,but headed the oppisite direction from the cars,well yes it happened....a car came off 4 sideways..over corrected did a few tank slappers,and then went up on the berm on the infield and hit the tow truck head on with such force the tow driver was killed on impact...

this one sounds like the car broke and got away from the 17 year old driver.....if you read the story...look at the stupid comments at the bottom..

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/03/16/multiple-people-injured-in-crash-at-marysville-raceway-park/

gman5250
March 17th, 2013, 20:03
Back in the day, I raced drags on the H2O...BGF. I remember one race we were out at Lake Ming in Bakersfield and at that time the pits were still located in line with the timing lights. During eliminations a blown alcohol flat took a bad chine walk in the lights and threw the driver out. This was before we went to capsules. The kill switch malfunctioned, the boat re-took a good set and kept on at 120+. It hit the shore WFO and launched into the pits. No one got hurt, but after that they moved the pits. The best part of the story is that the driver held the wheel so hard he still had it in his hands when rescue pulled him out of the water. :mixedsmi:

Sorry to hear about the incident in the pits at Marysville. Really sad.