PDA

View Full Version : back to your fav , nascar...ha

Daveroo
March 17th, 2013, 07:49
this weekend is the 20 year anniversary of Alan Kulwicki's death,speed's raceday show kind of brought me down this morning,maybe im just to sensitive these days,nothing ever bothered me back in the day ( cept injured children ,car crash/or fire)but they did a nice story on Alan and i got a bit emotional,partly because i remembered when it happened,id gone to the Shanghai Bar in old auburn to have a couple beers and watch qualifying with my nascar buddies...i walked in and my friend Gary was at a table by himself..i sat down and handed him a beer and i realised he had tears on his face....i asked if his girlfriend left....no..she hadnt..then what could this this man,,an active duty police officer to sit in a bar full of his peers and accualy cry?.....and he looked at me and said......davey?....hes dead....alans dead....his plane crashed and hes dead...i first thought of my friend allen ,who now works for JGR,then he worked out of sacramento,but flew to various race tracks where ever the IRL ( think it was) cars were.then he tells me it was kulwicki.....:icon_eek:

July 13th will be 20 years since we lost Davy Allison as well,wasnt it red farmer in the helicopter with davy that day?.....another great loss......reminds me of rob moreoso as well,he was down right good..had alot of talent...but chose to drive drunk on the street and lost his life for it...shame..

eddie
March 17th, 2013, 23:28
Dave, we have the new Gen6 cars for NASCAR 2003 and someone painted this in tribute to Alan, thought it looked great too!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/Thony/Kulwicki_zps2bc5fd6e.jpg