PDA

View Full Version : Fairchild 24; WIP Screenshots

Lionheart
March 14th, 2013, 23:48
Hey all,

Some photos of my next baby, work in progress. You will see flaws that should not be on the production model, like extra bubbles on the landing gear skirts, etc.

I have made the jump to 3DS Max which has helped immensely on things like Ambient shading (high realism rendered shading) and being able to model rounded shapes and extrusions a heck of a lot better, etc.

I am also using the rib-cutting technique that I discovered on the Robin build endeavor. I love that. Really defines ribbing edges well. Temp lady pilot installed with a sassy, slightly euro haircut. ;)

roger-wilco-66
March 15th, 2013, 00:13
Wow, 3D modeling at it's best! Love the shading. I've been following your posts on fsdeveloper on that matter.
Great work.

Cheers,
Mark

Roger
March 15th, 2013, 05:14
Looking great Bill!

Portia911
March 15th, 2013, 06:32
Loved your original take on this bird, Bill - so know this will be a good thing in FSX! :applause:

stiz
March 15th, 2013, 06:45
do we get the radial as well or just the inline? :engel016:

Ferry_vO
March 15th, 2013, 07:09
Do you need info or photos Bill..? There's an F-24R9 not too far away from here, if you need anything..

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Vroege_Vogels/IMG_3229_30_31_tonemapped.jpg

Lionheart
March 16th, 2013, 07:23
do we get the radial as well or just the inline? :engel016:

I am thinking of adding the radial version as well. Alot of requests. It would make a great bush plane.

Do you need info or photos Bill..? There's an F-24R9 not too far away from here, if you need anything..

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Vroege_Vogels/IMG_3229_30_31_tonemapped.jpg

Thanks Ferry! I have quite a few photos and input already, so I think I am pretty good to go.

pilottj
March 16th, 2013, 08:02
I am thinking of adding the radial version as well. Alot of requests. It would make a great bush plane.

Thanks Ferry! I have quite a few photos and input already, so I think I am pretty good to go.

Will this one be powered by a harnessed quantum singularity or a matter/anti matter device? :icon_lol: Great stuff Bill:salute:

olderndirt
March 16th, 2013, 08:39
Another winner in the works. Love that w__ide main gear.

OleBoy
March 16th, 2013, 08:44
Bill, seeing you're modeling the Fairchild is real neat. I've always liked it for the way that the landing struts had that wide stance.
Concerning the radial, an awesome addition! Although quite a bit more work. What a look with a radial! I say, MODEL THE RADIAL!!

Although when it boils right down to things, you're the one in the drivers seat. :salute:

TuFun
March 16th, 2013, 12:52

Radial version... I'm in! Looking forward to this model!!! ;)

Lionheart
March 16th, 2013, 20:05
Will this one be powered by a harnessed quantum singularity or a matter/anti matter device? :icon_lol: Great stuff Bill:salute:

Perhaps a 'radial-array' matter/anti matter bombardment warp core that runs on high octane, lol....

ThinkingManNeil
March 17th, 2013, 04:41
Hey all,

Some photos of my next baby, work in progress. You will see flaws that should not be on the production model, like extra bubbles on the landing gear skirts, etc.

I have made the jump to 3DS Max which has helped immensely on things like Ambient shading (high realism rendered shading) and being able to model rounded shapes and extrusions a heck of a lot better, etc.

I am also using the rib-cutting technique that I discovered on the Robin build endeavor. I love that. Really defines ribbing edges well. Temp lady pilot installed with a sassy, slightly euro haircut. ;)

Nice choice; always liked the 24R. it's definitely retro but still looks modern at the same time. I remember some years back the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum had a 24R but it was in this awful, faded, worn, pukey mustard yellow colour, but then they redid the fabric and put her in metallic silver with wartime RCAF markings. Much more attractive...

N.

Lionheart
March 17th, 2013, 08:26
My dad had one when I was a kid. He found it rotting away at Ramona airfield. Bought it, it actually flew, and he got it home to Montgomery. There, he took it apart, recovered it (new Dacron), and painted it white. It was yellow before. I think yellow and green. Mom worked on redoing the upholstery. When it was done, it was a show plane. I even remember it and I was in the second grade back then. Loved flying in that big ole thing! N77691. (If you have any of my planes, you'll note that I re-use that N-number quite a bit in memory of Dad).