PDA

View Full Version : Dino's T-45C V2.40 Released

StormILM
March 14th, 2013, 15:01
Saw this at Avsim and Flightsim.com today and downloaded & tested it.

VERSION 2.40
- Completely redone flight dynamics. All input values to match NATOPS as close as possible with some corrections when needed.
Changed all MOIs using Roskam methods and changed many Mach tables, resulting dynamics are less responsive at low speeds, but
also much less prone to uncontrollable departures.
Roll rate dependency on Mach now should be more accurate, also rudder authority vs. Mach and roll moment due to rudder deflection
should be more accurate (rudder effectiveness decreases significantly above Mach 0.80 and A/C will roll in the opposite direction
above Mach 0.85)
IMHO even if dynamics are less responsive now, they are more suitable to the training purposes of the T-45C.
- Added speedbrake blowback feature (as in the real thing, extending the speedbrake above 340kts may result in partial extension only).
- Fixed AoA needle bug, failing to report actual AoA
- Fixed Reference HTML documents
- Fixed main landing gear "wobble"
- Fixed several typos in the VNATOPs manual

I can confirm that the flight model feels much better than any previous version. I ran several carrier traps and cat shots and it performed perfectly. A Great model now even better! Thanks Dino!
:ernae::salute:

heywooood
March 14th, 2013, 15:40
Thank you Dino for your continued development of your incredible freeware jets - we are so lucky and I am so grateful to have them - cheers bro' :icon29:

mohawk3
March 15th, 2013, 10:08
Great, Thank you!

jojohnson9
March 28th, 2013, 10:09
I finally got around to installing this update. Now I've got a big problem. When I reach around 270 KIAS and above the T-45 shakes so bad it's uncontrollable. I don't get any overspeed indications. Anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

Wingnut172N
March 28th, 2013, 10:52
Looks great!! In real life the Goshawk is actually pretty sensitive on the controls throughout the flight envelope. I've been told it's roll rate is faster than the Hornet. The speedbrake blowback is a nice touch, and indeed does happen in the real jet.

Only suggestion I would have to improve this great model is deepening the forward fuselage a little bit (currently looks a bit more like the BAE Hawk nose than a Goshawk nose) and giving the wings a little less dihedral. Other than that, the model looks beautiful.

The avionics are different than the real jet too, but as a free offering I can't complain too much.

GREAT WORK!!!

jetstreamsky
March 28th, 2013, 11:10
I finally got around to installing this update. Now I've got a big problem. When I reach around 270 KIAS and above the T-45 shakes so bad it's uncontrollable. I don't get any overspeed indications. Anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

If you have accufeel installed check the vne setting is high enough AND if you have v2 installed make sure the latest version is installed as the first variant of v2 caused violent shaking on some models due to a bug in the turbulence simulation.

jojohnson9
March 28th, 2013, 13:03
If you have accufeel installed check the vne setting is high enough AND if you have v2 installed make sure the latest version is installed as the first variant of v2 caused violent shaking on some models due to a bug in the turbulence simulation.

That fixed it. All is smooth as silk now. Thanks so much for the help. I really like Dino's T-45 and now I can practice my traps in this great trainer.