PDA

View Full Version : Are there any tweaks to the Select Aircraft?

WarHorse47
March 14th, 2013, 12:41
Now that I'm getting all warm and fuzzy with FSX, there is one thing that I'm struggling with and that is the Free Flight - Select Aircraft window.

In FS9 I was able to modify my aircraft.cfg so I could identify aircraft by (1) manufacturer and (2) aircraft type for each model aircraft (e.g., P-51A, P-51B, P-51C, etc.).

With FSX the selection is by (1) manufacturer, (2) Publisher OR (3) Aircraft type (e.g., fighter, bomber). Now this works out fine when a few aircraft are displayed, but where there are many variants the entire selection gets filled. The thumbnails are fine, but with my screen resolution of 1920 X 1200 I can barely see the images or read the text. The fonts are so light its hard to read. I could edit each of the aircraft.cfg to shorten the atc_variation, but that would be a real pain in the ....

It would be nice if you could change the selection to a detailed list like you can with MS Explorer and change the font to something darker or more legible. Has anyone given thought to any tweaks on this? I'd be interested.

Thanks in advance

warchild
March 14th, 2013, 14:18
you can use the same modifications to the config file in fsx that you used in fs9 with no problems at all.