PDA

View Full Version : P-61 Status

N2056
March 12th, 2013, 19:49
Since the question was asked in my Globe Swift thread I felt I should give some sort of update on the project. Those members that have been following it have by now probably noted that I will work on it for a few months at a time and then side-track to another project, finish the side project and then return to the P-61. The reason is due to the fact that there is so much involved in creating the P-61 that I hit a point where it is not fun, and that's when I take a break from it. My Globe Swift project evolved rather quickly out of a decision I made to attempt a payware offering as I am currently looking at having to make up for the income I will lose if in fact I am furloughed due to the Government budget mess. I stand to lose 20% of my normal income over the next 6 months. I doubt the Swift would totally make up the loss, but it will help.

That said, I am guessing that after the Swift is done I will wrap up the Midget Mustang and then quickly work up a Beta version of the P-61 that will be released in the same way that Paul Dominque did his Duck. Hopefully some will be inspired to contribute to the project in the same ways that Paul has benefited from with his Beta release. Then I will continue to work on finishing the beast.

I appreciate your patience and understanding. I really want this plane to be something that was worth the wait. :salute:

Robert

stovall
March 12th, 2013, 20:00
Thanks Robert, completely understand taking the time away from the project. I think that happens to all of us especially when there is considerable detail involved. Thanks for the update and looking forward to the beta down the road. Take care.

Sundog
March 12th, 2013, 20:18
Thanks for the update and I'm ready to buy the Swift and Mustang as soon as they're released. :)

roger-wilco-66
March 12th, 2013, 23:03
Great news! One step closer!

Cheers,
Mark

TeaSea
March 13th, 2013, 05:21
Since the question was asked in my Globe Swift thread I felt I should give some sort of update on the project. Those members that have been following it have by now probably noted that I will work on it for a few months at a time and then side-track to another project, finish the side project and then return to the P-61. The reason is due to the fact that there is so much involved in creating the P-61 that I hit a point where it is not fun, and that's when I take a break from it. My Globe Swift project evolved rather quickly out of a decision I made to attempt a payware offering as I am currently looking at having to make up for the income I will lose if in fact I am furloughed due to the Government budget mess. I stand to lose 20% of my normal income over the next 6 months. I doubt the Swift would totally make up the loss, but it will help.

That said, I am guessing that after the Swift is done I will wrap up the Midget Mustang and then quickly work up a Beta version of the P-61 that will be released in the same way that Paul Dominque did his Duck. Hopefully some will be inspired to contribute to the project in the same ways that Paul has benefited from with his Beta release. Then I will continue to work on finishing the beast.

I appreciate your patience and understanding. I really want this plane to be something that was worth the wait. :salute:

Robert

Dude, your project....you don't have to justify to anyone. Since I'm furloughed next month as well we should go into business together. I know nothing about painting or modeling, but I can spell XML and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last month.

Daveroo
March 13th, 2013, 09:00
i had thought about the swift when i thought it would be freeware just "because"...but its not the kind of plane i like to fly.so when i read it would be payware i had writen it off my list of "to get's"...

that said..when i read this thread and the bit about being furloughed ,ive changed my mind,,,i will buy the swift to support a fellow SOH'er ,and if the "mustang" is payware ill prolly buy that as well in show of respect and honur,i hope others can also help..but lets not forget N2056 isnt the only one being hurt at this time..as shown by teasea...we need to support one another now and in the future.

TeaSea
March 13th, 2013, 14:42
Appreciate your thoughts Daveroo but TeaSea will abide. Bit concerned about some of my folks though.....