March 12th, 2013, 05:30
Just released. Has anybody got it ?..

http://www.fullterrain.com/product_egth.html

Roger
March 12th, 2013, 05:58
yes I have and very nice it is too.

stiz
March 12th, 2013, 07:26
hhmm orbx standards must be slipping .. it really doesnt look that good at all, specialy the hangers .. and theres no way they'd EVER let the grass get that long!!! .. also static cessna's and pipers, they rent out a single hanger round the back which has a few, theres more parked up in the orbx one than they most likely get all year ?? :blind:

Javis
March 13th, 2013, 08:25
Yes, doesn't look like the very special aerodrome i know so well from the real world. If you want to immersive yourself into the world of early aviation this is the place ! " Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines" as real as it gets !

According to the screenshots it seems that Orbx has missed the flying boat undoubtedly here... Maybe because of their superb FTX England i was expecting too much. Pity... :frown:

Cheers,
jan

Roger
March 13th, 2013, 11:51
There's a Sopwith Tri-plane and an early mono-plane but I suppose the problem is the lack of FsX early models as static or AI. I do like the look of the field though.

stiz
March 13th, 2013, 12:41
There's a Sopwith Tri-plane and an early mono-plane but I suppose the problem is the lack of FsX early models as static or AI. I do like the look of the field though.

very true, but i dont think that they even take the stuff out of hangers (unless its being moved to the workshop, or at airshows etc), i've certainly never heard of em working on an aircraft in front of the hangers in the public display bit!

MarkH
March 13th, 2013, 13:04
i dont think that they even take the stuff out of hangers

In my experience you often see a/c parked out the front and sometimes being test flown. I was there on 4th March and saw the Polikarpov Po2 and Fieseler Storch outside. Hangar 1 was also open to the air, so you could see the Avro 504.

robcap
March 13th, 2013, 13:20
Hi Mark, still a pity we missed the chance to meet each other at Old Warden a few years back.

Cheers, Rob

MarkH
March 13th, 2013, 13:35
Hi Mark, still a pity we missed the chance to meet each other at Old Warden a few years back.

Yeah, I also remember the thunderstorm and being locked out of my car while only one of the two P-51s landed back! And BTW, finally (http://youtu.be/sEZJy8wiR-Y) in 2012!

Dimus
March 14th, 2013, 00:40
This is what I would love to see flying out of Old Warden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH16oaqVgTs

I have seen it static. I know she is being worked on to fly soon.

robcap
March 14th, 2013, 12:25
OOOH, te comet is going to fly again?! Great news! Look at her ripping the grass with the tailskid.

Yep, wet at the end :kilroy: Cool vid Mark. BoB DC3 finaly. I'm coming to Enland in June again, but just in between the 1-06 and 16-06 flying events. We'll have to keep a lookout some other time.:wavey:

stiz
March 14th, 2013, 14:22
OOOH, te comet is going to fly again?! Great news! Look at her ripping the grass with the tailskid.

thats the plan, she's been in the workshed all winter going through a massive overall, i heard rumors they wanted to fly her down to Oz, but i'm not sure how real that is.

Roger
March 14th, 2013, 14:59
Let's hope it wont be long...

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/03/14/KVNn7.jpg

Bomber_12th
March 14th, 2013, 15:43
Beautiful, Roger! A great combination, all-around. I've also been really looking forward to seeing the Comet flying again from Old Warden (as Shuttleworth has said, it's one of the few aircraft within their collection which requires the use of the extension off of the main runway (requiring a road to be blocked off at the time of use)). I was rather impressed watching a Youtube video of Peter Teichman landing his P-51D "Jumpin Jacques" within only the length of the standard main runway, not using the extension, landing from the south on runway 03 - it's something I encourage others to try for thesmelves in FSX, as it requires getting the aircraft to its slowest approach/landing speed, making a curved approach up to the last moment (much like a carrier landing).

Sundog
March 14th, 2013, 16:08
I like watching the video of Andy Sephton landing the Spitfire there. He did a lot of the FDE development work for our FS9 Spitfire.

I really like the look of the Orbx Old Warden airfield, I think they just need to change the AI parked there to be more representative.

Javis
March 14th, 2013, 19:01
Old Warden is all about the smell of fabric dope, the sound of Anzani, Gnome, Clerget, Mercury and even Merlin, the sight of swirling scarfs in the prop wash and oil drips on your suit if you don't watch out. An extremely friendly place without barb wire and security police, where you can talk to the pilots and even sit in the cockpit if you ask nicely. Home of immaculately restored Bleriot XI, Bristol Boxkite,Deperdussin, Blackburn Monoplane, Sopwith Pup, Triplane, Camel, SE5A, Avro 504K, Tutor, Bristol F.2B, EE Wren, DH51, DH60X, DH82, DH88, DH89, Hawker Demon, Tomtit, Hind, Sea Hurricane, Westland Lysander, Gloster Gladiator, Spitfire Vc, to name just a few. And most of them out on the flying line too if it's not raining.

In my book of aviation Old Warden is a holy place. A place of magic and glory. Certainly and by all means not just your average common airfield of which thousands can be found all around the world like Orbx's Old Warden rendition seems to be modeled after. Where else in the world can you still be taken back to the year 1910 and see a Bristol Boxkite and Avro Triplane flying together.

http://youtu.be/4rg5kXxdr9Q

There's a FS9 freeware package of Old Rhinebeck available, US equivalent of Old Warden. It comes with the almost complete Cole Palen collection of vintage aircraft and vehicles, static as well as 15 AI aircraft that fly in and out of the airfield. That was done about 7 years ago...

Can you model Old Warden and forget about the Shuttleworth Collection ? Yes, you can, but it'll be like drinking whiskey without alcohol, Oliver Hardy without Stan Laurel, London without the Tower Bridge, Paris without the Louvre, Amsterdam without Coffee shops, Pride without Prejudice, Samson without Delilah, James without Brown, Ferrari without Enzo, Austin without Healy, French Fries without Mayo, Pratt without Whitney, Messer without Schmitt, And so without forth...

I'll get off my soapbox and get my coat now.. :costum:

griphos
March 14th, 2013, 19:49
French fries with Mayo! That's disgusting! That's...sacrilege!! Wait until Heinz hears about this! :icon_lol:

Dimus
March 15th, 2013, 00:30
Javis, my sentiments exactly.

That place and especially the Comet are very special to me. Long time ago I was making a scratchbuild model of the Comet in 1:32 scale and I visited the collection for a chance to study it from close quarters. The people there were very helpful and the info I obtained helped me finish it.

A bit OT but here is the result:

Bruce Thompson
March 15th, 2013, 01:20
That's beautiful work Dimus, a wonderful model.:applause::applause::applause:

griphos
March 15th, 2013, 05:57
Yeah, Dimus, that's incredible work. Thanks for sharing it!

MarkH
March 15th, 2013, 09:13
scratchbuild model of the Comet

A lovely model, although (and at the risk of having missed some historical twist) isn't the name mis-spelled? Regardless, here's hoping we see the DH.88 fly this year. It was on the program last year but reportedly pulled with undercarriage problems.

robcap
March 15th, 2013, 10:06
thats the plan, she's been in the workshed all winter going through a massive overall, i heard rumors they wanted to fly her down to Oz, but i'm not sure how real that is.
There were plans to fly the DC2 Uiver to Oz as well, but that's cancelled for now. It's a massive undertaking. Probably postponed indefinately.
Would be great if they could fly together, how about that?!!

Cheers, Rob

robcap
March 15th, 2013, 10:11
French fries with Mayo! That's disgusting! That's...sacrilege!! Wait until Heinz hears about this! :icon_lol:
Even in Pulp Fiction it's a know fact that this is regarded a Dutch delecacy. I can understand your confusion, but it's rater nice, you should try it, or with mayo and raw unions and curry sauce ;-) Or with mayo and indonesian peanut sauce (satéh sauce), but I'm going a bit OT here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f24DOkYMa6o

Dimus
March 15th, 2013, 10:46
A lovely model, although (and at the risk of having missed some historical twist) isn't the name mis-spelled? Regardless, here's hoping we see the DH.88 fly this year. It was on the program last year but reportedly pulled with undercarriage problems.

OMG! You are so right. I am officially crushed now... Anyway, no way to correct this now. Thanks for noticing that.

Javis
March 17th, 2013, 18:07
OOOOHHH!!! Holy fabric dope and whistling wing wires, Batsman!! Just stumbled over this!! :isadizzy:

You sure do NOT wanna miss out on this !

http://youtu.be/bV7nFXhL8QY

Whole heartedly recommended to the Orbx Old Warden devs too. :cool:

@ Dimus: that's a superb model of the DH.88 you've got there ! :applause: Alas not flying yet in this amazing video but there's a taxi sequence at 31.15.

cheers,
Jan

guzzi
March 18th, 2013, 08:21
Old Warden is all about the smell of fabric dope, the sound of Anzani, Gnome, Clerget, Mercury and even Merlin, the sight of swirling scarfs in the prop wash and oil drips on your suit if you don't watch out. An extremely friendly place without barb wire and security police, where you can talk to the pilots and even sit in the cockpit if you ask nicely. Home of immaculately restored Bleriot XI, Bristol Boxkite,Deperdussin, Blackburn Monoplane, Sopwith Pup, Triplane, Camel, SE5A, Avro 504K, Tutor, Bristol F.2B, EE Wren, DH51, DH60X, DH82, DH88, DH89, Hawker Demon, Tomtit, Hind, Sea Hurricane, Westland Lysander, Gloster Gladiator, Spitfire Vc, to name just a few. And most of them out on the flying line too if it's not raining.

In my book of aviation Old Warden is a holy place. A place of magic and glory. Certainly and by all means not just your average common airfield of which thousands can be found all around the world like Orbx's Old Warden rendition seems to be modeled after. Where else in the world can you still be taken back to the year 1910 and see a Bristol Boxkite and Avro Triplane flying together.

http://youtu.be/4rg5kXxdr9Q

There's a FS9 freeware package of Old Rhinebeck available, US equivalent of Old Warden. It comes with the almost complete Cole Palen collection of vintage aircraft and vehicles, static as well as 15 AI aircraft that fly in and out of the airfield. That was done about 7 years ago...

Can you model Old Warden and forget about the Shuttleworth Collection ? Yes, you can, but it'll be like drinking whiskey without alcohol, Oliver Hardy without Stan Laurel, London without the Tower Bridge, Paris without the Louvre, Amsterdam without Coffee shops, Pride without Prejudice, Samson without Delilah, James without Brown, Ferrari without Enzo, Austin without Healy, French Fries without Mayo, Pratt without Whitney, Messer without Schmitt, And so without forth...

I'll get off my soapbox and get my coat now.. :costum:

No Shuttleworth Collection AI and non compatability with UK photoscenery rules this out in my book. Always thought Old Warden and the Shuttleworth Collection aircraft would make a good project for someone like Justflight -as they are just down the road - someone ought to do it! I haven't got the talent though. Had the dubious honour of teaching the chief pilot's (Dodge Bailey)son to fly gliders.

Stan V.
March 18th, 2013, 08:55
No Shuttleworth Collection AI and non compatability with UK photoscenery rules this out in my book. Always thought Old Warden and the Shuttleworth Collection aircraft would make a good project for someone like Justflight -as they are just down the road - someone ought to do it! I haven't got the talent though. Had the dubious honour of teaching the chief pilot's (Dodge Bailey)son to fly gliders.

Isn't this something along the same line as ACG's supurb Duxford airshow scenery? Maybe somebody associated with that will see this posting and take pity on us????

spatialpro
March 18th, 2013, 09:25
Isn't this something along the same line as ACG's supurb Duxford airshow scenery? Maybe somebody associated with that will see this posting and take pity on us????

I can't deny I've considered it! I have the photoscenery and the mesh, but those are the easy parts! Many other scenery projects (mostly retro Fleet Air Arm) take priority though. I haven't asked John or Stevo's opinions either.

Andy

Francois
March 19th, 2013, 02:39
OOOOHHH!!! Holy fabric dope and whistling wing wires, Batsman!! Just stumbled over this!! :isadizzy:

You sure do NOT wanna miss out on this !

http://youtu.be/bV7nFXhL8QY

Whole heartedly recommended to the Orbx Old Warden devs too. :cool:

@ Dimus: that's a superb model of the DH.88 you've got there ! :applause: Alas not flying yet in this amazing video but there's a taxi sequence at 31.15.

cheers,
Jan

Geweldig! Thanks Jan, haven't been there since 2010......... I've added the vid to AVClassic.com !

Roger
March 19th, 2013, 10:32
I so want that Avro tri-plane:jump: I don't think one has ever been built for Fsim?

full
March 19th, 2013, 10:59
I so want that Avro tri-plane:jump: I don't think one has ever been built for Fsim?

Its on the list.... along with all the others

These are the models I've made so far from the film.

Picat Dubreuil
Passat Ornithopter
Demoiselle
Walton Edwards Rhomboidal
Philips Multiplane

Still to make are...

Deperdussin Mono
Dixon Nipper
Antionette
Blackburn Monoplane
Bristol BoxKite
Eardley Billing
Lee Richards Annular Wing
Vickers Bleriot 22
Avro Triplane IV

Roger
March 19th, 2013, 11:48
Fabulous Craig! I think with all those I'd spend half of my sim-time at Old Warden just buzzing around:engel016:

Javis
March 20th, 2013, 17:37
Geweldig! Thanks Jan, haven't been there since 2010......... I've added the vid to AVClassic.com !

Terrific, isn't it ! :jump:

Been a long time since my last visit to Old Warden and it looks like a fat change i'll ever return so I couldn't have been more happily surprised when i stumbled over this gem of a movie. No matter that it takes an hour i've already watched it 3 times. :cool:

My only hope now is that it may prove to be a catalyst for the production of an 'AI Shuttleworth Collection' to complement Orbx's basic Old Warden. ( not to mention a flyable version of the Boxkite, Avro Triplane, or that extremely beautiful Hawker Hind or Demon. Hey Francois, we've already got the Gladiator, Lysander and Storch, thanks to your FSAddon, that's a great start to build on, isn't it !?... :cool: )

Groeten,
Jan

Javis
March 20th, 2013, 17:44
Its on the list.... along with all the others

These are the models I've made so far from the film.

Picat Dubreuil
Passat Ornithopter
Demoiselle
Walton Edwards Rhomboidal
Philips Multiplane

Still to make are...

Deperdussin Mono
Dixon Nipper
Antionette
Blackburn Monoplane
Bristol BoxKite
Eardley Billing
Lee Richards Annular Wing
Vickers Bleriot 22
Avro Triplane IV

That really is fantastic news, Craig ! :applause:

Would there be any chance for you to turn some of these models into AI versions to use with Orbx Old Warden ?

Thanks very much already for even considering it !

Cheers,
jan

Javis
March 20th, 2013, 18:36
I can't deny I've considered it! I have the photoscenery and the mesh, but those are the easy parts! Many other scenery projects (mostly retro Fleet Air Arm) take priority though. I haven't asked John or Stevo's opinions either.

Please do so, Andy. And while you're at it just ever so casually shove this link under their noses: http://youtu.be/bV7nFXhL8QY
That should do it, don't you think ? :mixedsmi:

Your amazing Duxford proves that ACG is the Bee's knees to enhance Orbx' Old Warden. Please do not stop considering ! :salute:

cheers,
jan

Francois
March 21st, 2013, 12:23
Hey Francois, we've already got the Gladiator, Lysander and Storch, thanks to your FSAddon, that's a great start to build on, isn't it !?... :cool: )

Groeten,
Jan

Yup, and I am happy to report that we have a ton of pictures of the Shuttleworth's blue Anson 19 and hoping to add it to our upcoming Avro Anson package..... :kilroy:

Francois
March 21st, 2013, 12:24
Please do so, Andy. And while you're at it just ever so casually shove this link under their noses: http://youtu.be/bV7nFXhL8QY
That should do it, don't you think ? :mixedsmi:

Your amazing Duxford proves that ACG is the Bee's knees to enhance Orbx' Old Warden. Please do not stop considering ! :salute:

cheers,
jan

I second that :-)

Ian Warren
March 21st, 2013, 13:33
About the only thing missing here ... Is Benny Hill and the rest off his sidekicks ... i'd better get down the road and source that movie :icon_lol:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">