PDA

View Full Version : The fickle finger of fate.

olderndirt
March 11th, 2013, 17:42
Not sure if this is a Windows7 or FSX problem. Uninstalled/reinstalled my Acceleration disk and am getting the old MS runaround on re-activation. It won't activate on line - accepts the product code but no internet connection, even with all security off. Next the 'try the telephone' trick. "The Wizard cannot retrieve the product activation ID" and, as the outsource folks told me, "lots of luck with that". Tired of being a thirty minute trial.

OleBoy
March 11th, 2013, 19:18
Not sure of your symptoms are the same, although I had the same issues several times myself when I tried a reinstall. This was my resolution.

Error 1722 when reinstalling Flight Simulator X

SYMPTOMS

After you successfully install and activate Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you...
After you successfully install and activate Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you remove the game from the computer and then try to reinstall the game, the game does not install and you receive a "1722" error message.

The 1722 error message is a general installer error message that states that a system level failure has occurred. In most cases, you experience a setup failure in the Setup program that is associated with registering fonts. In this case, you will receive another error message that is followed by a "1605" installer error message.

RESOLUTION

Download the Software Licensing System Reset Tool package now. (http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/c/d/1cd508f9-7520-4659-a122-a26e8804e884/MSKB928080.exe)
Release Date: November 10, 2006

For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/119591/ )

Note This tool will not affect the software activation state for Microsoft Windows 7 or for Windows Vista.

Run the Software Licensing System Reset Tool. To do this, follow these steps:

1. For Windows XP: Click Start
Collapse this imageExpand this image
the Start button
. Click All Programs, click Accessories and click Command Prompt.

2. For Windows Vista or Windows 7: Click Start, type cmd in the search box, and then press ENTER.

3. At the command prompt, type the following command in the Command window: cd C:\

4. Press Enter.

5. Type cd MicrosoftKB928080.

6. Press Enter.

7. Type resetsldl -All.

8. Press Enter.

You are prompted for the license reset.

olderndirt
March 12th, 2013, 09:24
Hey, thanks for that. Tried it but no change. It appears the 'Activation Wizard' has quit. According to MS, you're only required to 'activate' once so that's the part that isn't working. UPDATE - closing the file. Uninstalled Accelation again and, just for laughs, fired up FSX without it. Sure enough, an activation request for FSX. Took several tries but made it through that so, figuring I was on a roll, reinstalled Acceleration and it also activated. Carefully backed out of everything and got another cup of coffee. Off to buy some lottery tickets now.