PDA

View Full Version : F-8 Vought Crusader FSX

FSX68
March 11th, 2013, 13:48
This was the ex payware Alphasim Crusader from Virtavia/Alphasim created back in 2005 and now available for freeware. Slight modifications in VC and 2d panel so that it now work in FSX.
Uploaded to Simviation March 2013
Modified for FSX by Danny Garnier

Get here: http://simviation.com/1/browse-Military-57-0

Overall, a nice job on the conversion however, the VC canopy is BLUE. The 2d is OK. Looking for suggestions on how to get rid of the blue.

THE MIG MASTER.......:engel016:

Flyboy208
March 11th, 2013, 20:23
I like it, the textures look pretty good for a portover Mike :salute:

TheGrunt
March 11th, 2013, 22:44
Probably rainy weather and FSX cockpit rain effects, which are incompatible with most FS9 aircraft. At least for me that has caused blue opaque canopy. You can find FS9 rain effects from MS support and there is vcrain.zip available somewhere, possibly in flightsim. Can't remember for sure where to get that, but google helps :)

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Daube
March 12th, 2013, 03:10
If I remember correctly, the freeware Crusader by Rollus is more detailled, especially the virtual cockpit. However, the ex-payware from Virtavia/Alphasim had much more repaints, and some of these were really beautiful (including some photoreal ones, if I'm not mistaken).
I agree with the comment above: usually, blue canopies means missing VCRain effects. Try the VC Rain fix from Flight1, that should solve your canopy problem.

ncooper
March 12th, 2013, 03:18
Solid glass textures in Fs9 models are almost always due to an incompatible alpha channel in the texture.

TheGrunt
March 12th, 2013, 03:35
I agree with the comment above: usually, blue canopies means missing VCRain effects. Try the VC Rain fix from Flight1, that should solve your canopy problem.
Flight1 fix is just dummy blank textures. If you want to see actual effect, you have to use fs9 textures.

ncooper
March 12th, 2013, 03:51
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a508/ncooper00/Crusaderext_zps73a3e4ec.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a508/ncooper00/Crusaderint_zpsc8f93338.jpg

File attached, just unzip it, put it in the texture folder(s) and let it overwrite the original

Daube
March 12th, 2013, 05:12
Flight1 fix is just dummy blank textures. If you want to see actual effect, you have to use fs9 textures.

From what I remember, the VCRain effect will not work in FSX, even if you install the correct textures.
Installing the textures will remove the blue opaque color, but the rain effect will not show, even if your FS9 aircraft used to have it in FS9.

Daube
March 12th, 2013, 05:13
Solid glass textures in Fs9 models are almost always due to the lack of an incompatible alpha channel in the texture.

Yes, when it's black or showing a solid reflection texture.
But when it's this typical blue color, it usually relates to the VCRain.

warchild
March 12th, 2013, 05:41
I tried out the Rollus F-8 for the guys at Miramar, and frankly I was impressed as hell. its a gorgeous aircraft. And then i started multi-player or something and all hell broke lose. The game crashed consistantly, the plane wouldnt load, it became a major mess. I tried for about a week to get that plane to work, but with my limited knowledge of changing gauges and VC's etc. That also failed. We had to stick with the alphasim bird..
Pam

FSX68
March 12th, 2013, 08:09
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a508/ncooper00/Crusaderext_zps73a3e4ec.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a508/ncooper00/Crusaderint_zpsc8f93338.jpg

File attached, just unzip it, put it in the texture folder(s) and let it overwrite the original

Thanks for the fix. It works great. :applause:

The sounds for the Alphasim version are from the F18. I wonder where I could find a more realistic sound of the the J57 engines?

expat
March 12th, 2013, 09:21
I have tried the Rollus Gunfighter and the VC is miles more detailed, BUT the model Carl Nijamouse Edwards did for Alphasim I think is amazingly accurate and just damn beautiful. Plus, there are lots of good USN/USMC paints for it. Lastly, though I have had it since 2005 it has always been at the top of my aircraft folder in FSX and probably my most flown military jet in FSX (AS Phantom may equal this - oh, and the Vigilante and Skywarrior . . .), largely because it is vice-free, a challenge to trap without scraping the tail pipe. Merged my folder with the simviation recent release and it is as enjoyable as ever.

FSX68
March 12th, 2013, 12:50
Wasn't this plane supposed to have After Burner Effects? Flame effect at rear of engine?

If not how could that be incorporated? Also, Sonic Boom would be a nice touch.

Edit: I used my trusty gauge recovery program and voila...the ab is back: Must of had gauge deleted or hosed. I'll bet hosed.
(still would like to add sonic boom!!!

ColoKent
March 12th, 2013, 13:35
...succeeded in getting "clean" (no sidewinders or rails) to work?

Kent

FSX68
March 12th, 2013, 13:43

Kent

That would take some artistic talent that I don't have.

delta_lima
March 12th, 2013, 14:09

Kent

This seems to get asked every couple of months ...:cool: For some reason I can't find the umpteen threads here... searching "Crusader" isn't bringing anything up...weird

Anyway - the simple answer is not in FSX. In FS9, there was a contraversial and not-exactly-authorised mdl and alpha fix available to render them invisible - hence why Garry Russel released a number of RF-8G paints all those years ago. In FSX, however, the fix turns the missles and pylons into transparent "windows" , enabling you to see through the model, creating a problem worse than the one you're trying to fix.

That's a bummer, because, as Expat points out, it's a nice looking model. I had the privilege of being the lead QC/details/beta tester on this project with Carl, and can say it truly was a joy (and pain at times!) to struggle to put in as much detail and accuracy as was possible back in 2005. Which is why I'm ok admitting that I've since moved more onto the Rollus model - though itself also a portover, it has details that are more meaningful to me - a far nicer VC, and overall faster FPS (at least on my machine). Also, I'd suspect the flight model on the Rollus model to be more accurate, as that excellent modeller likely had access to better data than did Carl and I.

That said, I'd concede that the Alphasim exterior model is the nicer of the two, and with a huge array of repaints available (ah, remember the good old days of Pierre Llerreux? :) ), it makes for a nicer "screenshot model". For me, I put a bit more weight on the flying (esp carrier ops) aspect, which is why I now prefer the Rollus model. But I still keep the old AS bird around, if for no other reason than for sentimentality.

Really, I'd say if you're a fan of the "Cru", then my recommendation of whether you should fly the AS or the Rollus model - my answer would be "yes"! :)

Glad to see the Carl's old bird bringing folks joy after all these years! The man did a superb job, and was kind enough to personalize one of the repaints with my name, and another with the name of another SOHer - in his case, a former USMC ground crew member who worked on VMF-235s in Vietnam. Carl was a prince - and a shame he didn't model for FS for too terribly long - but what did do, was (and still is) good quality.

DL

Quicksand
March 13th, 2013, 09:15
Anybody installed this one yet? I was looking through the files, and all of the texture files for all of the variations are in a single texture folder... I've never seen that before. :isadizzy:

hschuit
March 13th, 2013, 10:13
Anybody installed this one yet? I was looking through the files, and all of the texture files for all of the variations are in a single texture folder... I've never seen that before. :isadizzy:

Carl Edwards did that with several of his creations (e.g the Alphasim SAAB Viggen). Each model file references to it's own unique texture bitmap file names. This makes it a bit tricky to make/apply repaints. Take for example the left wing top texture:
model.F8-J\F8-J.mdl uses F8-J_LEFTWINGTOP.BMP
model.F8-J_FrenchNavy\F8-J_FrenchNavy.mdl uses F8-J_FRENCHNAVY_LEFTWINGTOP.BMP

So, if you want to make a new repaint for the F8-J_FrenchNavy model, you need to make sure these unique texture files are named like F8-J_FRENCHNAVY_*.BMP etc.

Quicksand
March 13th, 2013, 10:21
Thanks for that information, hschuit! Wow! I guess that would make it rough adding repaints.

spins_vmfa321
March 13th, 2013, 19:16
Wasn't this plane supposed to have After Burner Effects? Flame effect at rear of engine?

If not how could that be incorporated? Also, Sonic Boom would be a nice touch.

Edit: I used my trusty gauge recovery program and voila...the ab is back: Must of had gauge deleted or hosed. I'll bet hosed.
(still would like to add sonic boom!!!

Wow, that's an awesome scheme! From my old Marine squadron!

Jamal

ColoKent
March 13th, 2013, 19:51
...could still have a lot of life in her-- but the flight model REALLY blows in FSX. If we could get that tweaked to perfection...this would be nirvana on earth for those of us that are Gunfighter freaks.

Kent

(Edit...I discovered there is a paintkit on the Alphasim freeware site-- we'll see how it is...)

warchild
March 13th, 2013, 21:26
We've got an updated fde replacement over at miramar i did a month or two ago, but its only for members..

DennyA
March 14th, 2013, 11:26
Sadly, the FS9 Crusaders are kludgy as all get out in FSX. I'd pay for a decent FSX native model in a second. (And I'd pay double if it included a Crusader III. :)

If you're a serious Crusader fan, then:
1) Read Paul Gillcrist's awesome Crusader: Last of the Gunfighters (http://www.amazon.com/Paul-T.-Gillcrist/e/B000APQA5E/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=213733&creative=393193&linkCode=shr&tag=datkinnet-20). All of his books are excellent, but this one has some heart-pounding scenes, particularly the sections talking RF-8 flights over Cuba.

2) Pick up Thirdwire's Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam (https://store.thirdwire.com/store.htm). Lots of Crusader models in the sim, and you can actually shoot down MiGs with them. Plus you can even download an F-8K add-on for the Strike Fighters 2 games for just $2.99.

I know this is an FSX forum, and that Strike Fighters doesn't have the cockpit interactivity or scenery of FSX, but the flight models are very good, the combat is exciting, and the planes and VCs are very detailed. For less than the cost of a typical FSX add-on plane you can buy the sim and the F-8K both. (Plus, the other sims add some great planes like F-4s, F-100s, etc. that aren't represented as FSX native models.)

ColoKent
March 14th, 2013, 11:48
...one of the developers on here said they were working on an FSX-native payware F-8 set...can't remember woh, however!

Kent

FentiFlier1
March 14th, 2013, 12:04
It is RFN: Royale French Navy.

Judging by their latest creeations, their Crusader will be payware quality :salute::france::salute:

warchild
March 14th, 2013, 14:02
The RFN crusader is definitely an excelent looking bird, but at least on my machine, it will crash fsx if you take it into multi-player.

FentiFlier1
March 14th, 2013, 14:44
I had understood this: Sylvain Parouty/RFN are working on a freeware FSX-native F-8 Crusader.

I recall RFN had started a thread here in early January to announce it...

warchild
March 14th, 2013, 15:30
Ok, For those that want it, ive ported over my work from the MFC package to the generic alphasim version. Its not a complete new FDE. Rather its a lot of corrections to the standard FDE to improve the flight model. However in effect, its a whole new plane. I wont give you any bravado or bull. Its just an honest model. I used the freeware Mig-21 as "the plane to beat" since the F-8 IS the mig master. I think it flies pretty good, but thats a rather biased opinion ::lol::.. You can get it here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63691108/Alpha-F-8_FDE1.3B.zip)

warchild
March 14th, 2013, 15:41
I had understood this: Sylvain Parouty/RFN are working on a freeware FSX-native F-8 Crusader.

That will be awesome. The RFN F-8 for FS9 looks great in FSX ( and flies pretty good too ) so an fsx native F-8 will be amazing. I'll look forward too it. :)

ColoKent
March 14th, 2013, 18:20
...your FDE makes the "Gunfighter" flyable in FSX for the first time. What a blast!!!

Thanks,

Kent

warchild
March 14th, 2013, 18:57
:) Glad i could help out :)

sparouty
March 14th, 2013, 23:17

Hi
Yes I con confirm! We're in the last turn for Charles de Gaulle carrier project, and then just after we'll at 100% on F-8.
By the way the FS9 Crusader freeware was done by Rollus and not by RFN ... but it is true that many guys of Rollus's project are part of the RFN 's team
Regards
Sylvain

warchild
March 14th, 2013, 23:27
Hi
Yes I con confirm! We're in the last turn for Charles de Gaulle carrier project, and then just after we'll at 100% on F-8.
By the way the FS9 Crusader freeware was done by Rollus and not by RFN ... but it is true that many guys of Rollus's project are part of the RFN 's team
Regards
Sylvain

I still cant wait.. bring it on. i'm hungry ::LOL:: Thanks Sylvain.. I'm really going to be looking forward to your new release..

Quicksand
March 15th, 2013, 16:23
Thanks for the files, Pam. I appreciate it very much.

delta_lima
March 15th, 2013, 21:07
Hello Pam,

First thanks - any improvements to my favourite military jet of all time is welcome.

I noticed something a bit weird with the new files - maybe it's just me:

1) the AB effects sit like 3-5 ft aft of the jet pipe - a bit of effect coordinate placement should fix this ...
2) the contrails originate quite a few feet aft and and above the wings - not sure how to fix that one, since contrails are now automatic in FSX - although (duh) after I closed down FSX, I noticed there was some Viggen contrail effects in the lights section - maybe commenting those out might fix it ....
3. the plane now accelerates very quickly - I don't know if it was due to borrowing from a Mig-21 profile as a starting point ... just seemed a bit counter intuitive.

Otherwise, I found holding approach speed far easier than stock ... so they're tweaks worth keeping for sure.

Best Regards,

DL

PS - Sylvain - thanks for the update!

warchild
March 15th, 2013, 22:41
nahhh, I didnt borrow from the mig-21. My apologies it came across like that. I pitted it against the mig-21. Inother words, it had to perform better than the mig 21 and live up to pilot reports. And yes, it does accelerate quickly but still needs about 1300 feet to take off in.. Too, you should also only need afterburner to take off from a carrier.. Anywhere else between half and full military power should work fine. With its ability to accelerate vertically and max out at maxh 2.3 in lvl flight, the engines had to be uprated, while at the same time i had to keep maneuverability at an all time high without making it uncontrollable. The plane could after all ( arguably to ths day ) mop the floor with a phanton in a straight on fight.

FSX68
March 16th, 2013, 04:41
nahhh, I didnt borrow from the mig-21. My apologies it came across like that. I pitted it against the mig-21. Inother words, it had to perform better than the mig 21 and live up to pilot reports. And yes, it does accelerate quickly but still needs about 1300 feet to take off in.. Too, you should also only need afterburner to take off from a carrier.. Anywhere else between half and full military power should work fine. With its ability to accelerate vertically and max out at maxh 2.3 in lvl flight, the engines had to be uprated, while at the same time i had to keep maneuverability at an all time high without making it uncontrollable. The plane could after all ( arguably to ths day ) mop the floor with a phanton in a straight on fight.

I concur on the speed comparisons. I still can remember all the ground equipment needed to start up the F-8. You needed NC-5 or and it also need 28VDC and there was another electrical
plug that needed to be pulled once the pilot gave the plane captain the signal to pull both electrical plugs (first and middle fingers pulling away horizontally from other open hand. Lots of ground support was needed in those days compared to F-18 of today which has all it needs built in to spool up.

After watching the plane captains do their preflight/startup signals, it occurred to me that this could become some smooth moves in dance fashion, hence I invented the "F-8 Stomp".
When we pulled into port at Subic Bay, some of my liberty buds and I went out to Olongapo City and tried out the "F-8 Stomp" to the tune of "Wipe Out" by the Safaris.
What a hoot !!!

heywooood
March 16th, 2013, 08:26
Hello Pam,

First thanks - any improvements to my favourite military jet of all time is welcome.

I noticed something a bit weird with the new files - maybe it's just me:

1) the AB effects sit like 3-5 ft aft of the jet pipe - a bit of effect coordinate placement should fix this ...
2) the contrails originate quite a few feet aft and and above the wings - not sure how to fix that one, since contrails are now automatic in FSX - although (duh) after I closed down FSX, I noticed there was some Viggen contrail effects in the lights section - maybe commenting those out might fix it ....
3. the plane now accelerates very quickly - I don't know if it was due to borrowing from a Mig-21 profile as a starting point ... just seemed a bit counter intuitive.

Otherwise, I found holding approach speed far easier than stock ... so they're tweaks worth keeping for sure.

Best Regards,

DL

PS - Sylvain - thanks for the update!

I am having the same AB and contrail effects with the updated .cfg and .air files too
please let me know if deleting the Viggen effects works for you DL

delta_lima
March 16th, 2013, 09:05

Ok Pam - now I understand.

Thanks again,

jjdc
March 16th, 2013, 10:22
Warchild. Many thanks for the FDE update. Flys well but how do you get it to stop on the runway when away from the boat? I am probably missing something simple but !!!!!!!!.

Cheers

ColoKent
March 16th, 2013, 10:43
...then I started landing at 145kts...works waaaaaay better.

Kent

warchild
March 16th, 2013, 12:07
The brakes may be a littler weak.. Near the bottom of the aircraft config file you'll find this entry:

[brakes]
toe_brakes_scale=0.7
parking_brake=1

A setting of 1.0 on toe brakes is way too strong, so perhaps raising it up to 0.85 - 0.90 will work..

fallenphoenix1986
March 16th, 2013, 17:02
Ello, anyone know the guage name for the radar?
I want to coment it out but nothings jumping out at me from the list. On a simillar note I've removed the HUD since the F-8 was a tad early to have one however I'm not so sure aboutt he MN F-8's, did they get one latter in life?

Craig

hschuit
March 17th, 2013, 00:13
Ello, anyone know the guage name for the radar?
I want to coment it out but nothings jumping out at me from the list. On a simillar note I've removed the HUD since the F-8 was a tad early to have one however I'm not so sure aboutt he MN F-8's, did they get one latter in life?

Craig

Comment out this gauge: ALPHA_Crusader!RADAR2
You will find it twice, in [Window00] and in [Vcockpit02]

fallenphoenix1986
March 17th, 2013, 07:25
Nope, isn't listed under either, no mention of radar anywhere in my panel cfg. :isadizzy:

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window00]
file=CrusaderPnl.bmp
size_mm=1024
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=7
visible=1
ident=MAIN_PANEL
nomenu=0
gauge00=ALPHA_Crusader!RALT, 309,419,89,91
gauge01=ALPHA_Crusader!OilPress1, 215,426,67,62
gauge02=ALPHA_Crusader!N1RPMTURB1, 129,514,72,72
gauge03=ALPHA_Crusader!AOA, 210,507,78,77
gauge04=ALPHA_Crusader!Flaps_ind, 130,605,65,64
gauge05=ALPHA_Crusader!VSI, 653,672,85,83
gauge06=ALPHA_Crusader!EGT1, 128,690,78,77
gauge07=ALPHA_Crusader!GFI, 210,682,82,85
gauge08=ALPHA_Crusader!Compass, 651,36,73,72
gauge09=ALPHA_Crusader!ALT, 299,656,106,104
gauge10=ALPHA_Crusader!ATT, 429,557,178,172
gauge11=ALPHA_Crusader!Gear_Ind, 65,608,56,61
gauge12=ALPHA_Crusader!TRI, 631,417,106,107
gauge13=ALPHA_Crusader!VGI, 613,526,138,135
gauge14=ALPHA_Crusader!ACLK, 748, 519 ,75,70
gauge15=ALPHA_Crusader!FuelFlow1, 748,600,72,71
gauge16=ALPHA_Crusader!TSI, 209,593,80,83
gauge17=ALPHA_Crusader!ATT2, 747,678,75,72
gauge18=ALPHA_Crusader!fuel_gauge, 829,680,74,74
gauge19=ALPHA_Crusader!HYD PRESSURE, 913,627,35,35
gauge20=ALPHA_Crusader!HYD PRESSURE, 913,674,35,35
gauge21=ALPHA_Crusader!HYD PRESSURE, 915,721,35,36
gauge22=ALPHA_Crusader!SPDBRK, 645,380,24,24
gauge23=ALPHA_Crusader!STALL, 312,385,48,15
gauge24=ALPHA_Crusader!Switch NAV-GPS, 168,457,14,33
gauge25=ALPHA_Crusader!AB_on, 832,483,32,20
gauge26=ALPHA_Crusader!LowFuel, 916,597,21,16
gauge27=ALPHA_Crusader!OSPD, 673,381,24,24
gauge28=ALPHA_Crusader!Tailhook, 377,366,30,21
gauge29=ALPHA_Crusader!LandingLights, 450,493,23,28
gauge30=ALPHA_Crusader!NavLights, 501,493,23,28
gauge31=ALPHA_Crusader!PanelLights, 475,493,23,28
gauge32=ALPHA_Crusader!AP Icon, 70,680,19,19
gauge33=ALPHA_Crusader!AP Switch, 96,680,19,19
gauge34=ALPHA_Crusader!Pitot deice, 564,492,23,28
gauge35=SimIcons1024!ATC Icon, 70,703,19,19
gauge36=SimIcons1024!GPS Icon, 70,726,19,19
gauge37=SimIcons1024!Radio Icon, 97,726,19,19
gauge38=SimIcons1024!Kneeboard Icon, 96,703,19,19
gauge39=ALPHA_Crusader!ADF, 828,517,81,78
gauge40=ALPHA_Crusader!CabAlt, 830,598,74,77
gauge41=SimIcons1024!Map Icon, 84,748,19,19
gauge42=F15_Gauges!IRIS Airspeed US, 310,544,93,93
gauge43=Rollusgauges!tews, 433,282,173,173
gauge44=Rollusgauges!incidence, 338,249,24,77
//gauge45=Harrier_GR7!HUD Night, 450,128,137,144

[Window01]
file=Ap window.BMP
size_mm=300,54
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=3
visible=0
ident=1002
gauge00=ALPHA_Crusader!Autopilot, 2,2

[Window02]
file=Radio window.BMP
size_mm=193,330
position=8
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL
gauge00=ALPHA_Crusader!ADF Radio, 9,5,175,88
gauge01=ALPHA_Crusader!Radio, 9,94,175,88
gauge02=ALPHA_Crusader!Transponder, 9,182
gauge03=ALPHA_Crusader!Audio Selector, 6,261

[Window03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=545,354
position=0
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL
window_size= 0.500, 0.362
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000
gauge00=fs9gps!gps_295, 0,0

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$vpanel1
gauge00=ALPHA_Crusader!Contrail_REC, 0,0,20,20
gauge01=ALPHA_Crusader!Reheat_Auto_LOGO, 0,0,20,20
gauge02=ALPHA_Crusader!RALT, 280,270,101,108
gauge03=ALPHA_Crusader!OilPress1, 177,280,75,75
gauge04=ALPHA_Crusader!N1RPMTURB1, 80,384,80,82
gauge05=ALPHA_Crusader!AOA, 170,374,89,90
gauge06=ALPHA_Crusader!Flaps_ind, 83,490,73,73
gauge07=ALPHA_Crusader!VSI, 663,567,90,94
gauge08=ALPHA_Crusader!EGT1, 79,588,90,89
gauge09=ALPHA_Crusader!GFI, 170,579,93,95
gauge10=ALPHA_Crusader!ALT, 265,546,128,130
gauge11=ALPHA_Crusader!ATT, 414,432,198,200
gauge12=ALPHA_Crusader!Gear_Ind, 10,491,66,71
gauge13=ALPHA_Crusader!TRI, 638,271,119,125
gauge14=ALPHA_Crusader!VGI, 616, 396 ,158,160
gauge15=ALPHA_Crusader!ACLK, 767,388,84,84
gauge16=ALPHA_Crusader!FuelFlow1, 766,483,84,84
gauge17=ALPHA_Crusader!TSI, 167,475,95,95
gauge18=ALPHA_Crusader!ATT2, 764,574,86,85
gauge19=ALPHA_Crusader!fuel_gauge, 857,576,85,85
gauge20=ALPHA_Crusader!SPDBRK, 653,228,29,29
gauge21=ALPHA_Crusader!STALL, 285,234,54,18
gauge22=ALPHA_Crusader!Switch NAV-GPS, 124,316,16,40
gauge23=ALPHA_Crusader!AB_on, 862,348,33,22
gauge24=ALPHA_Crusader!OSPD, 681,228,29,29
gauge25=ALPHA_Crusader!Tailhook, 357,211,33,25
gauge26=ALPHA_Crusader!LandingLights, 438,363,25,30
gauge27=ALPHA_Crusader!NavLights, 493,363,25,30
gauge28=ALPHA_Crusader!PanelLights, 465,363,25,30
gauge29=ALPHA_Crusader!AP Icon, 15,575,22,22
gauge30=ALPHA_Crusader!AP Switch, 45,576,22,22
gauge31=ALPHA_Crusader!Pitot deice, 563,362,25,30
gauge32=ALPHA_Crusader!ADF, 858,387,86,90
gauge33=SimIcons1024!ATC Icon, 15,600,22,22
gauge34=SimIcons1024!Kneeboard Icon, 45,600,22,22
gauge35=SimIcons1024!GPS Icon, 15,628,22,22
gauge36=SimIcons1024!Radio Icon, 45,628,22,22
gauge37=SimIcons1024!Map Icon, 32,655,22,22
gauge38=F15_Gauges!IRIS Airspeed US, 281,416,104,104
gauge39=Rollusgauges!tews, 428,162,179,176
gauge40=Rollusgauges!incidence, 316,104,24,77
//gauge41=Harrier_GR7!HUD Night, 446,3,137,144

[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$vpanel2
gauge00=Rollusgauges!tews, 2,2,507,511

[Vcockpit03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=256,256
visible=0
pixel_size=256,256
texture=$vpanel3
gauge00=ALPHA_Crusader!Compass, 10,30,210,210

[Color]
Day=255,255,255
Night=20,50,20
Luminous=240,220,140
[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8191
SIZE_Y=4800

Craig

hschuit
March 17th, 2013, 07:31
Nope, isn't listed under either, no mention of radar anywhere in my panel cfg. :isadizzy:

Craig

OK.... looks like you have a modded panel (I was referring to the Alphasim panel). Anyway, judging by the positioning, I think your panel uses Rollusgauges!tews as a replacement for the original Alphasim radar gauge.

fallenphoenix1986
March 17th, 2013, 10:20
THats it, thanks much.

Craig

delta_lima
March 19th, 2013, 16:55
I am having the same AB and contrail effects with the updated .cfg and .air files too
please let me know if deleting the Viggen effects works for you DL

Yes Hey - that will fix it. Also see my post on Richoday's thread on lights.

heywooood
March 25th, 2013, 18:26
Yes Hey - that will fix it. Also see my post on Richoday's thread on lights.

thank you for the assist, delta_lima

delta_lima
June 2nd, 2014, 08:33
Hey all!

Remember this lovely jet? Recently resurrected and made so much better with Don's tweaks and paints, Pam's FDE enhancements, and Dave's lovely paints ...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/155813728453065634.jpg

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/830113710476754019.jpg

Anyway, since upgrading my pc, and switching over to DX10 - and Steve's Fixer - this lovely bird is now back in the hangar.

Works mostly well - save for two issues:

1) Reheat/AB effect is partially invisible - as is the case with other older FS9 portovers - so that's more for the discussion I've started here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?87810-Afterburner-reheat-effects-in-DX10

2) More critically, is that from the VC, the glass is opaque - a solid blueish grey colour.

Has anyone gotten this to work properly in DX10? Alongside the Rollus F-8, which seems to work fine in FSX (incl the VC glass), and until/if the RFN F-8 is developed, this is what we F-8 nuts have to work with for a while ....

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas ....

DL

dhazelgrove
June 2nd, 2014, 08:41

Dave

delta_lima
June 14th, 2014, 12:36
Hello,

Do the AB effect issue is cased - wondering if anyone knows which texture defines the vc glass from inside? I'm getting a fairly dark view from inside - though the view from spot view is perfect. Tried Canopy_T, and a few others, but I can't isolate which is the inside VC Glass texture...
thx!