PDA

View Full Version : mk_Hurricane_Mk_I_Balkans.zip

Rami
February 15th, 2013, 18:31
Hey guys,

A couple of months ago, I asked Morton if he would be willing to create some "Aces" skins for Hurricane pilots of RAF 80, 112, and 33 Squadrons in the Balkans. I thought I would post some pics for you all to see...even though these aren't quite ready for "primetime" just yet.

This package includes skins for "Pat" Pattle (both RAF 33 and 80 Squadron) as well as Nigel Cullen, along with Richard Acworth. (both RAF 80 and 112 Squadron)

Morton, a few notes for you...

1) I downloaded this package off "the cloud" from your site. I cleaned up the package for you, making a PDF readme similar to the one in the "BoB" package, and structured it the exact same way.

2) You might want to take a new set of photos, my widescreen monitor doesn't do these skins justice.

3) I did discover one other thing that might need a bit o' tweaking....the tail number "V7288" is used on GA, YK, and YK-Q. Also, "V6749" is used on YK-T and the non-lettered "Flower" skin.

The package as assembled is about 10.5MB. How would you like me to send it to you for any final review / revisions?

Thanks for all your hard work...these campaigns and the project as a whole is a tough one to research; information is very hit-or-miss!

Sincerely,

Worthless
February 15th, 2013, 18:49
They sure look prime time to me.

Morton
February 16th, 2013, 05:30
Rami,
Sorry. I'll fix those numbers. Don't know how that slipped through the quality dept. :isadizzy:

But you can zip it and send it by mail if that's okay by you.

Morton :guinness:

skylane
February 16th, 2013, 06:53
Very nice skins! I like to have airplanes in real paint schemes in missions!

Thanks for all the work!

Rami
March 10th, 2013, 14:05
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/546613629531325301.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: 7 Royal Air Force skins of RAF 33, 80, and 112 Squadrons for the "old" CFS2 Aeroplane Heaven Hurricane Mk I, used in the Balkan theatre. New 1680 widescreen 2D panel and some other adjustments, including more historically accurate 44-gallon drop tanks. This is a complete aircraft package.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit mk_Hurricane_Mk_I_Balkans.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=15561&catid=50)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
March 10th, 2013, 14:09
Morton,

Thank you so much for these! A credit also goes out to sc7500, who assisted me by replacing the stock 300-liter drop tanks with the 44-gallon drop tanks found on Brunosk's Spitfire Mk. V model, making them much more historically accurate. I combined the .dp files with those from Morton's package, so the "oversized" stock bombs are no longer used either. All weapons files have been included in this package, so you do not have to search.

I also made an adjustment to the .air file, so that the capacity of the drop tanks matches their size.

The same modifications have been made to the BoB-era Hurricane package, which I also moved to the front of the line, so that you don't have to search for it. :ernae:

Enjoy!

Rami
March 10th, 2013, 15:41
Good evening,

I wanted to let you know that I included revised .air and .cfg files in the last few minutes that correct the aircraft's empty weight, I will also include this in the mk_BoB_Hurricane package. Here are the files, so you don't have to download it again.

Discus
March 10th, 2013, 17:03
Thanks Morton, SC7500 and Rami. This game is always getting better and better!

Discus

mav
March 11th, 2013, 00:54
Thx Morton, always look 4ward to D/L your stuff , excellent!!! :applause:

Jagdflieger
March 11th, 2013, 08:13
Wonderful work as always Mort. Thanks!

kelticheart
March 12th, 2013, 03:39
...for yet another excellent repaint job, Morton!

:applause::jump: :applause: :jump: :applause: :jump: :applause: :jump: :applause:

In the past I had though too much attention was generally paid to AH's FS2004 Hurricane conversion, which looks handsome indeed, but it's a framerate killer. The native CFS2 version, instead, is my favourite and these last repaint packs you did balance it out.

Cheers!
KH :ernae: