PDA

View Full Version : Question for Conversion Gurus

No Dice
March 8th, 2013, 12:26
Hello All,
I notice in FS2004 while in 2D panel mode, looking left or right ect you have no wing views, just air. But
After ya'll covert them...they now have wing views in CFS2.

Question is, Can an FS2004 mdl be hex edited or otherwise converted to see wing views while in 2D panel mode in FS2004?

VC is fine...But I still prefer a 2D panel anyday.

Dave

misson
March 8th, 2013, 16:10
Hello All,
I notice in FS2004 while in 2D panel mode, looking left or right ect you have no wing views, just air. But
After ya'll covert them...they now have wing views in CFS2.

Question is, Can an FS2004 mdl be hex edited or otherwise converted to see wing views while in 2D panel mode in FS2004?

VC is fine...But I still prefer a 2D panel anyday.

Dave

I think that is a trial and error thing. Have u tried that?

No Dice
March 8th, 2013, 16:25
I am a bit confused Mission,
Have I tried What ?

That is what I am asking, What can be done. I have no idea. Someone in a thread long ago mentioned Hex edit a certain code in the mdl,
I have never found the thread again.

Dave

misson
March 8th, 2013, 17:16
I am a bit confused Mission,
Have I tried What ?

That is what I am asking, What can be done. I have no idea. Someone in a thread long ago mentioned Hex edit a certain code in the mdl,
I have never found the thread again.

Dave Ok Dave , doesnt matter if it is a fs2k4 mdl or cfs2 mdl , open the mdl file with your exeditor and locate 68 00 02 string using your search tool. after that , replace the 02 by a 03 and ssave changes. Is done. :salute: I hope it would be the thing that u are looking for.
If u have some doubt, please ask me again.

misson
March 8th, 2013, 17:20
Ok Dave , doesnt matter if it is a fs2k4 mdl or cfs2 mdl , open the mdl file with your exeditor and locate 68 00 02 string using your search tool. after that , replace the 02 by a 03 and ssave changes. Is done. :salute: I hope it would be the thing that u are looking for.
If u have some doubt, please ask me again. forget to say that u ´ll need to adjust the view point in the aircraft file of your plane folder.
Regards
Mario Misson

No Dice
March 8th, 2013, 17:31
Ok , Thanks Mission
I think that is what I was looking for,
Thank you again.

Dave

Ps, be safe my friend
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"

misson
March 9th, 2013, 17:09
Ok , Thanks Mission
I think that is what I was looking for,
Thank you again.

Dave

Ps, be safe my friend
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
You are welcome and I´m living in a safe country, thank u!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv0CgiMIBV4
Not so wonderull place like this video shows , but..