PDA

View Full Version : Issue 6, CFS2 Magazine now ready

Robert John
February 28th, 2013, 10:50
Hi all,

The CFS2 Magazine is almost ready to upload.

World War 1 in Combat Flight Simulator.

Old review about Combat Aces.

AeroCrate web site you can find all the files you need to create a small WWI install for CFS2.

Free model of WWI MK I and MK IV Tank and a Big Gun model.

More Trees for the seasons.

And more.

"Thinking about because of changes in my life"

Would you like to make a small payment to help me keep the creation of the magazine and models for the community,
and work with you to keep cfs2 alive.

About $2.00.

Robert John

Finn
February 28th, 2013, 10:55
That seems cheap for a quality magazine - but how to pay it?
Finn:isadizzy:

Robert John
February 28th, 2013, 11:01
To all,

To answer any questions about voluntary payment it will be through Paypal.

Robert John.

Rami
March 5th, 2013, 10:30
RJ,

I will be happy to throw a couple of dollars your way to support this effort. Thanks! :ernae:

Jagdflieger
March 5th, 2013, 13:49
The Great War is back! Good idea to trot out the old biplanes and the first tanks.

Let us know what the Paypal link is and I'll launch a few bucks your way.

No Dice
March 8th, 2013, 08:31
Issue six deals with WWI for CFS2 and more, including a free WWI tank and Big Gun

http://thefreeflightsite.com/CFS2_Magazine.htm

Thank you Robert for all of your efforts,

Dave

rocketred
March 8th, 2013, 08:40
excellent .... idea youve done . im in and play cfs3- eto etc... but im trying ot understand cfs2 there is a a ton of addons and this and that dont know where to start ... but your mag- is a great idea and effort im sure is well appreciated

tks

joshua

Jagdflieger
March 8th, 2013, 09:20
Thanks for the heads up! I always look forward to a new issue of this most well done magazine.

oldwheat
March 8th, 2013, 11:15
Looks great!! Do you (Robert) have an addy for Paypal donations yet.

Speaking of Aerocrate, I am going to be giving Gary a hand with getting the site back to 'normal' activity & will be looking for new uploads, etc. One of the first new uploads is going to be the fantastic German zeppelin that Allen did an excellent job on using Gary's beta .mdl.

Allen
March 8th, 2013, 12:17
Don't forget about Blood Hawk's work on the Zep's .air to get it flying right as an AI aircraft. Also once Aerocrate is "normal" feel free to upload the Sopwith 1½ Strutters and Hanriot HD.1 .

oldwheat
March 8th, 2013, 14:16
You anticipated my request. Thanks Allen. Yes, Bloodhawk gets kudos in the 'read me' also.

Allen
March 8th, 2013, 20:02
I know they don't look as good as the Aerocrate aircraft but the are a good bit better than the old FS98/CFS1 used in the past.

Seagull V
March 8th, 2013, 23:24
Excellent work - keep them in production !!!!!! :applause::medals::medals::icon29::icon29::guinnes s:

Additional - The howitzer looks like an early BL 8inch Howitzer, refer
http://www.landships.freeservers.com/new_pages/8inch_howitzer_info.htm

Robert John
March 9th, 2013, 01:41
Hi seagull V,

YES http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif it could be a BL 8inch Howitzer.

There are always conflicting information somewhere in book. internet, etc.

Robert John.

Rami
March 9th, 2013, 06:12
Good morning,

Robert job, this is an outstanding and informative effort. Well done!

Blood_Hawk23
March 14th, 2013, 08:31
Yes its an 8in howitzer. Atleast thats what I based the DP on. It is good for either the german or british. There are 2 other guns that I found that look the same. Only real difference is the year made. The DP I made for the _g version uses 4"/45 (10.2 cm) QF Mark V and Mark XV specs. Not the same gun but a good slow rate of fire.

I'll add my skins for the Albatros DV and the Belgian Nieuports. Plus a few others once I get it all finalized. How far along is the Zepplin. Probly should start another post on the aerocrates stuff.

oldwheat
March 14th, 2013, 19:49
The zeppelin is just about ready to upload to the Aerocrate site as soon as 'real life' issues subside & I get the final paper work done.

Allen
March 14th, 2013, 19:53
You may want to make sure the Zep panel is set up to work on Win7 if you haven't already.

Worthless
April 25th, 2013, 07:15
RJ

I've just started reading your latest issue and want to congratulate you. I hadn't realized so much was available for WWI enthusiasts. I recently began reading Rickenbacker's autobiography and while he only devotes one chapter to his wartime career, it was enough to start me looking around here at SOH. I can't wait to set up an install, completely devoted to WW1 and your issue 6 looks like it will be a great guide toward that endeavor. Many thanks!

Blood_Hawk23
April 25th, 2013, 07:55
on netflix the is a movie called "The Red Baron". Its pretty good. Its more down to earth then "Fly Boys".

RJ,
DPs are finished and I've Made a simple test mission to go with it.

here are some pics.

gius
April 25th, 2013, 09:15
Congrats Robert,
i will be glad to contribute to your outstanding effort!!
Cheers,
Gius

Rami
April 26th, 2013, 04:19
Robert John,

Thank you for your continued outstanding work on this magazine, and for your contributions to the CFS2 community! :salute:

Blood_Hawk23
April 27th, 2013, 22:35
Hey RJ,

DPs finish and email sent.

Let me know what you think.

I'm working the next three nights so i may not be around much.

Till Later,
John