PDA

View Full Version : Denny Hamlin fined for speaking the truth?

stansdds
March 8th, 2013, 03:07
After the Phoenix race, Denny Hamlin (#11 FedEx) said the new gen 6 cars do not handle as well as the gen 5 cars, it's basically put the teams back where they were when the gen 5 car was instituted. I think he spoke the truth, but NASCAR took offense and fined him $25,000. So drivers are encouraged to show personality, but don't say or do anything that doesn't make NASCAR look like the best and most infallible sanctioning body in the world? I guess that's the policy. :isadizzy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/nascar-fines-denny-hamlin-25-000-critical-comments-185308091--nascar.html;_ylt=AloFLcsioTlGuDndM8W5xkghYsp_;_ylu =X3oDMTFkNWJ1MDBuBG1pdANCbG9nIEJvZHkEcG9zAzMEc2VjA 01lZGlhQmxvZ0JvZHlBc3NlbWJseQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTNzdmY1Yjc1BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDNjQ2OWYwMjMtZGEyOC0zYTBhLTk1MzItNGYwYzU4MD QyYjEwBHBzdGNhdANuYXNjYXJ8ZnJvbXRoZW1hcmJsZXMEcHQD c3RvcnlwYWdlBHRlc3QDR3ppcF9HcmVlZHlfT24-;_ylv=3

eddie
March 8th, 2013, 09:31
He says he won't pay the fine! And I would tell NASCAR where to stick it on that,lol

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/denny-hamlin-says-he-will-not-pay-fine-for-generation-6-car-comments-030713#!cdksG

Terry
March 8th, 2013, 10:29
He says he won't pay the fine! And I would tell NASCAR where to stick it on that,lol

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/denny-hamlin-says-he-will-not-pay-fine-for-generation-6-car-comments-030713#!cdksG

The trouble with that is he may lose the arbitration. NASCAR will pull his credentials if he dont pay up in order to save face and keep the troops in line. NASCAR should just drop it and admit they over reacted, but that aint likely.

Panther_99FS
March 8th, 2013, 13:23
Hmmm...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't other drivers said that they really like the Gen 6 cars? (Seems like Denny is the only one that doesn't like it..) :ques:

Cazzie
March 8th, 2013, 13:55
At Daytona, I liked the racing in the Gen 6 cars, can't begin to tell you what it was like behind the wheel. At Phoenix, the racing was not so good, better yet in the Nationwide cars. Of course, we don't know yet on Las Beg-ass, because only HASHCAR can bring rain to a desert. :icon_lol: Other drivers are keeping clenched lips, I know Bowyer hates 'em as well as Denny. I still say there is not enough unrestricted plated HP. Those cars should be able to pass each other better than they did at Phoenix. I consider Phoenix a one-mile Martinsville, only the cars can get more spread out under green flag racing. Trouble is, HASHCAR doesn't want a lot of green flag racing, lets a leader get too much of an advantage and the TV sponsor whores have their spiel.

I better hush up, I might tell you how I really feel about HASHCAR.

Caz

PRB
March 8th, 2013, 14:23
Is there video of the offending statement by Denny? I haven't seen it. But I did see Brad K and others say what Denny is alleged to have said, “hard to pass”, “same situation as when the 'COT' came out”, “aero tight”, “will take time to figure it out”, 'we're back at square one”, etc., etc. They didn't get fined. Remember Kyle Busch saying after he won in the “COT” that he “hated it”, and that it “sucked”? He didn't get fined. I'd like to know exactly what Denny said...

Panther_99FS
March 8th, 2013, 14:44
But I did see Brad K and others say what Denny is alleged to have said, “hard to pass”, .

Yes, I saw/heard this also...

eddie
March 8th, 2013, 18:56
At Daytona, I liked the racing in the Gen 6 cars, can't begin to tell you what it was like behind the wheel. At Phoenix, the racing was not so good, better yet in the Nationwide cars. Of course, we don't know yet on Las Beg-ass, because only HASHCAR can bring rain to a desert. :icon_lol: Other drivers are keeping clenched lips, I know Bowyer hates 'em as well as Denny. I still say there is not enough unrestricted plated HP. Those cars should be able to pass each other better than they did at Phoenix. I consider Phoenix a one-mile Martinsville, only the cars can get more spread out under green flag racing. Trouble is, HASHCAR doesn't want a lot of green flag racing, lets a leader get too much of an advantage and the TV sponsor whores have their spiel.I better hush up, I might tell you how I really feel about HASHCAR.CazI don't know why you even watch it anymore. Las Beg-ASS, what the hell is that about?????? Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, when it comes to NASCAR, that's all you do!!!!! Give it a damned rest, or find something else to do!!! What are you going to do next, cry like a baby over it!

wombat666
March 8th, 2013, 23:04
I don't know why you even watch it anymore. Las Beg-ASS, what the hell is that about?????? Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, when it comes to NASCAR, that's all you do!!!!! Give it a damned rest, or find something else to do!!! What are you going to do next, cry like a baby over it!

:173go1:
Uncalled for Eddie!
We expect that type of retort in the FSX forum but not here!

I'm not happy with Formula 1 but if I don't watch some of the racing I wouldn't have the right to criticise it.
Caz has been a long time NASCAR follower and has every right to be critical of the present situation.
The same situation applies to the V8 Supercar Series, we are drifting closer and closer to the NASCAR format, everything is standardised except for the engine and the body shell.
The only way I could pick the difference at the Clipsal 500 last weekend was by looking at the manufacturer badges on the nose of the cars.
It's gone from being a genuine Australian Touring Car Championship to a Circus aimed at the shallow end of the Gene Pool.
:icon_eek:

Terry
March 9th, 2013, 02:44
Denny never said he hated the car. He did say it was hard to pass with it and it was going to take time to make it as comfortable to drive as the gen 5. Big deal, those statements did not hurt anyone. The biggest whiner in this whole deal is NASCAR. We are going to end up with a bunch of drivers that closely resemble plastic bananas.

PRB
March 10th, 2013, 12:29
Finally saw video of what Denny said. That's what all this fuss is about? Geez, NASCAR... From all the TV people's “analysis” of this, apparently it's when he compared the new car to the old (“gen 5”) car that he swerved into the gun sights of NASCAR. I like what Kyle Petty said about this: “On the track it's 'boys have at it', but off the track you're not allowed to have an opinion.” With all the “over the top” praise this car has been getting since before the season even started, I wonder if NASCAR sent out warnings to not criticize it, or else, during the winter. Poor Denny. Que the scene from “My Cousin Vinny”: “you were serious about that...?” :icon_lol:

- Paul