PDA

View Full Version : U2 Flight Footage

Jagdflieger
March 7th, 2013, 18:01
If you like flight videos, then check out this link on the U2. If any of you watch the British versions of "Top Gear," you'll recognize one of their personalities in the back seat.

http://www.wimp.com/breathtakingfootage/

N2056
March 7th, 2013, 18:48
This video has been mentioned here before I think. It is one of my favorites. Thanks!

Daveroo
March 7th, 2013, 18:57
im not far from Beale AFB,been to many of the open houses there.one of the best things of the open houses was the U2 take off,flight to altitude and recovery...that thing just about rockets straight up...on just a normal ops day..if you go down and sit on the road near the end of the runway on the south end..towards Lincoln..when a U2 takes off....they are airborne and climbing long before the approch the road...they never make the road really...they just go UP and turn to the coast..its pretty awesome to see...long time ago we got to see a SR71 take off...a family friend was a funeral home owner here in town..and one of the first AF pilots of the SR71 was a relitive of his,he got us on base ( we were very restricted to where we could go at the time)..but we got to see the take off and recover of another...and at that time they were still flying the KC-135s out of Beale so saw alot of that activity as well.

fast story..my uncle cleve was working at edwards on that landing system and he was watching this odd black plane takeoff and land....he told my dad about it and dad didnt believe him ( my dad thought of him as a big dork)then one night at the funeral home guys cabin up in the sierra nevada's,dad was tellin uncle cleves tale and the Air force man..an officer ofcourse,said...well your brother inlaw probably shouldnt have told you that at that time...but the dates add up..was more than likely me flying the SR71 while i was based at edwards......my dad allmost pooped himself....LOL