PDA

View Full Version : Info needed:Spirit of St Louis & Bremen print

Moparmike
March 7th, 2013, 17:13
I found this framed print at a local flea market today. I had to bring it home...I need more aircraft artwork in my office.

Shows the Spirit of St. Louis and the Junkers W33 "Bremen" over the US Capitol in D.C. It's signed Harland.
It's still in a backed frame from Cohen's Inc. Picture Stores of Washington, D.C. with a couple of street adresses. Cohen's is still in business, but not at either of the two addresses on the tag.
I did some quick web searching tonight but can't find out anything about this particular print.
I'd like to find out a bit more what era it's from. I'm guessing it's got to be late 20s or early 30s to commemorate the two transatlantic flights but it could be newer too.

Any ideas?

And sorry about the lousy picture. Taken with my Android and I was dodging glare from the room. I'm not going to crack the frame open to do a scan since it's still got the paper backing most of the way around the frame.
I'll try to snap a better shot of it when I get my DSLR and a macro lens onto a tripod.

Moses03
March 7th, 2013, 19:37
Will dig around and see if I have anything Mike.