PDA

View Full Version : IRIS - Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21 Out

stovall
March 6th, 2013, 17:34
IRIS has released the IRIS - Pro Training Series - Pilatus PC-21. Check their site to get it. HERE (http://www.irissimulations.com.au/)

IRIS
March 6th, 2013, 19:35
Thanks for posting Stovall!

It is true, the IRIS - Pro Training Series - Pilatus PC-21 [FSX] has indeed been released!

A couple of things I'd like to add:

1) There is a knowledge base we are building and will be updating with any FAQs that come up: PC-21 Knowledge Base (http://www.irissimulations.com.au/sts/416640-Pilatus-PC-21-FSX/)
2) Here is the product handbook link: PC-21 Product Handbook (http://www.irissimulations.com.au/media/poh_pc21.pdf)
3) Here is the changelog pdf which we will be updating as the need arises: PC-21 Changelog (http://www.irissimulations.com.au/media/changelog_pc21.pdf)

For those that had pre-ordered the IRIS - Pro Training Series - Pilatus PC-21 [FSX] (Pre-Order), the product has been uploaded to both our store (https://www.irissimulations.com.au/ols/index.php?main_page=login) and The Flight Sim Store (https://www.flightsimstore.com/login.php?osCsid=qkoq1891ocjq1fvfocatn533s2) and you will be able to download the full version by logging in to your account and following the stores re-download procedure.

Our Store
Log intoyour account and follow the instructions below;1. Click 'Account' on the top menu.
2. Click 'View' on your PC-21 order.
3. Click the link to download the product, it should now show 151Mbin size.<o:p></o:p>

Installation Instructions for Pre-Order
-=IMPORTANT=-
PRIOR to installing (AND THIS IS IMPORTANT!)1. Navigate to your Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight SimulatorX/Simobjects/Airplanes folder and DELETE the following folders;
a. ANYTHING beginning with IRIS PC-21<o:p></o:p>
Failure to do so will result in errors or duplicate aircraftappearing in your aircraft listing<o:p></o:p>

-----

Where possible we will offer -general- support over here on SOH, however for specific support we do ask that the customers visit our Support System and either live chat with an agent or submit a support ticket INCLUDING the store of purchase and order number. IRIS Support System (http://www.irissimulations.com.au/sts).

-----

No doubt David will venture over later (after Dad duties) and say hello and offer any advice or feedback.

Thanks everyone!

~Karen

T6flyer
March 7th, 2013, 12:32
Tempting....very tempting indeed!!! :)

Martin

ColoKent
March 7th, 2013, 13:21
...it seems to REALLY drag my framerates down, however. Nice model though-- tough bugger to slow down!

Kent

T6flyer
March 7th, 2013, 14:16
Tempting....very tempting indeed!!! :)

Martin

Oh well....too late. Only had a chance of one short flight, but need to go back for a much longer session. Its not really my cup of tea, but as have other Iris aeroplanes in my hangar and love Pilatus designs, thought would give it a go. Need to have a few more hours before I decide if its going towards the front or back of my hangar.

Only thing that I noticed was that in the VC, the wording of the placards on the sides of the cockpit were very blurred and difficult to read.

Martin

CG_1976
March 7th, 2013, 16:00
Ah what the heck Dave, i'll buy in. Your C27J is the responsible reason for buying the PC21:jump: Certain gauge I like in the pit:kilroy: and I need a partner for the Iris C27J and Piglets A29B.

Smudge
March 7th, 2013, 16:02
...it seems to REALLY drag my framerates down, however. Nice model though-- tough bugger to slow down!

Kent

Have you tried installing the performance gauges in the optimizers folder? That's been found to really help.. :)

I think that was added to the manual.

dvj
March 7th, 2013, 18:14
- Is there a way to add the particle effect strobes from the original demo to the final models? I still have all the demo files and textures.
- Will you be adding the IRIS texture (black and red) from the demo file to future texture releases?

thx for a great model

j
d

Smudge
March 7th, 2013, 18:37
DVJ,

You can try copying the lights section from the aircraft.cfg file in the demo and pasting it into the new aircraft.cfg file of the release version, but I can't guarentee it's results as it wasn't tested that way.

As for the black and red scheme, it won't be in the standard installer as it was for pre-order customers, but as you are one you should have received an e-mail with the download link for the textre addon. If you haven't let me know and I'll PM you the link.

Regards

David.

ColoKent
March 7th, 2013, 18:37
....did the trick, David-- it's a joy to fly!

Kent

Smudge
March 7th, 2013, 18:38
....did the trick, David-- it's a joy to fly!

Kent

Awesome news Kent.. :)

dvj
March 8th, 2013, 05:30
DVJ,

You can try copying the lights section from the aircraft.cfg file in the demo and pasting it into the new aircraft.cfg file of the release version, but I can't guarentee it's results as it wasn't tested that way.

As for the black and red scheme, it won't be in the standard installer as it was for pre-order customers, but as you are one you should have received an e-mail with the download link for the textre addon. If you haven't let me know and I'll PM you the link.

Regards

David.

Ahh great, got the paint!!!

edit: no joy on the strobes however. Oh well, the plane is great, looks great, flys great, can't stop flying it.
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3778/pc212.jpg

YoYo
March 8th, 2013, 09:31
Crg! Amazing screen! Do You have it in bigger resolution (1920pxt)? :salute:

dvj
March 8th, 2013, 10:00
Crg! Amazing screen! Do You have it in bigger resolution (1920pxt)? :salute:

send me an email. SOH compresses images.

JensOle
March 8th, 2013, 10:17
Just got it, sure is a sweet little turboprop aircraft. Without ever flown the real PC-21, the model really in my mind has the "fighter" type handling as Pilatus brags about in their ads.

Will we see RSAF and UAE textures for it?

CG_1976
March 8th, 2013, 10:46
Did I see right on the Iris Face Book a PC21 RCAF paint??

Barnes
March 8th, 2013, 11:01

Kent

Hi - i agree. this is the first product i have bought for about 2 years that has made a differnce to my FPS. Fantasitic product otherwise!

CORRECTION - restarting FSX resolved my frame rate issue. Thanks IRis for a fantastic product.

Christoph_T
March 8th, 2013, 11:36
For me its a realy wonderful edition to my hangar.
I had purchased the pre-release model and I can say that this was no mistake in any way!!
For the next week I am in Switzerland. Hope to see one of these near Samedan/St Moritz. (Not very likely)
Looking forward to some more paints and lots of repaints of the community:jump:

VERY GOOD WORK

Greetings

Christoph

Maury2008
March 8th, 2013, 13:18
I can not set the radio frequency (ILS NAV, COM) in the Up-Front Control Panel.after entering a single frequency, for example ILS1, press LSK-3 does not work anymore.THe indication remain FREQ and i cannot insert any value.Same problem for NAV and COM setting.Any other had this problem?

Smudge
March 8th, 2013, 21:47
Works fine for me... Try the software reset button shown on the electrical panel. The manual explains the correct procedure in step by step actions on how to enter in a frequency on the UFC.

Maury2008
March 8th, 2013, 22:22
i try that and any other switch in the cockpit.I can only enter one frequencyt in one of the menu' then any thing i click has no effect, also the radio page in the cdu is blocked and does not accept any entry, so i can't use the radio.I read the procedure and and I think I do the right things.I hope you can help me solve this problem otherwise this addon for me is unusable

JensOle
March 8th, 2013, 22:28
I get the same problem from time to time; all the buttons in the VC stop working. As sudden as it happened it goes away and I can use the buttons. I have never seen this before on FS aircraft.

Smudge
March 8th, 2013, 22:58
I had it happen once during testing and figured my viewpoint had moved behind the seat causing the mouseclicks to become inoperable.. only ever happened once, and a reload of the plane fixed it up..never happened again.. weird..

Maury2008
March 8th, 2013, 23:03
My problem is not the point of view, only the cdu radio page and the LSK key for enter the radioi frequency in the up front control panel stop work.All other switch i the VC work well

Smudge
March 8th, 2013, 23:33
Does pressing the RESET button twice for a SYS reset work as per the manual? and does a reload work?

JensOle
March 9th, 2013, 00:28
For me all butons freeze up, including the reset button. Even laoding the aircraft again from the menu does not help (same for loading another aircraft and then reloading the PC-21). I need to do a complete restart of FS to get it back to work and then it suddenly freeze up again. The aircraft itself is working and all gauges are working and the aircraft is flyable. Just all input buttons which stop working.

Maury2008
March 9th, 2013, 00:39
Same here, push twice the reset the system freeze in reset mode , and i had to reload the plane.When i reload i can use the UPFC a little and then freeze again.The cdu radio page don't work at all

Smudge
March 9th, 2013, 01:26
Wow, that's really bizzare, normally even a reload of the aircraft will reset the XML variables to their initial settings. Can you replicate the issue and post a point by point way of how you did it so I can try and replicate it and in turn address it please.

My installation here seems fine, so It's really important that I can replicate the conditions that the lockup is taking place.

Maury2008
March 9th, 2013, 01:46
My English is not 'very good but I try
i load the aircraft in a cold & dark situation created with the default ceesna.
Set to on the various systems, electrical and avionics, Start the IRS alignment by CDU. -
Then start the engine.
At this point, all systems are working, there are no warning, PFD and NFD show all the information of navigation and systems.
If I select the radio page on the FMS, and I click on LSK Key close to radio frequencies, (nav, com, adf), nothing happens, not show any asterisk and I cannot enter any value.
On the Up-Front Control Panel, If I select a page for the radio, for example the ILS page i can change the volume and enter a Frequency value one time , but from this point if I select another menu ', Nav, Com , Transponder ,and click on the LSK key for modify that value, nothing happens and I can no longer insert anything.
As already said before the reset button does not work and if reloading the plane repeats the same thing
The other menu of the UPFCP work regularly , so i can set the bingo value, the altitude warning and so

Smudge
March 9th, 2013, 02:48
Thanks Maury,

At the last minute we changed the coding for the AHRS (Attitude Heading Reference System) which I think is interfering with the CDU. I've confirmed that here and am coding a failsafe to rectify that issue.

The UFCP Radio issue I think is attributed to the code in the volume setting. Can you try setting up the aircraft as normal, but tune the radios WITHOUT setting any nav or com volume via the UFCP.

Thanks for the feedback guys...as is often the case, we can't code for every eventuality, so your feedback is very much needed and appreciated.

~David.

New update:

Thanks to the valuable troubleshooting of Maury and Jens Ole, I've found the cause of the issue and have fixed up the code. I'm due to add new paints to the package, so I'll update the installer with the bugfixes along with some new paints.. ;)

Thanks for the help guys..

David.

JensOle
March 9th, 2013, 10:14
Sounds good David!

This aircraft is seriously fun to fly! I believe both Pilatus and Iris have a winner with the PC-21!

The aircraft has also made me discover the spectacular scenery around Buochs and Switzerland, and the PC-21 with its speed range, power and advanced acionics are the perfect plane to see it in.

I have already made a few paints, HB-HZA in the original all dark scheme and UAE "128" in pre delivery scheme (overpainted wing roundels).

DaveKDEN
March 9th, 2013, 17:30
Any re-paints ready anywhere?

dvj
March 9th, 2013, 17:42
Any re-paints ready anywhere?

I think IRIS is planning some new ones to be added in the next update. May be soon. Nothing elsewhere.

JensOle
March 10th, 2013, 01:11
PC-21, "128", as seen during testing at the Pilatus facility at Buochs before delivery to the United Arab Emirates Air Force:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/Europe/Scrshot168.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/Europe/Scrshot147.jpg

Buochs airfield in the background
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/Europe/Scrshot158.jpg

JensOle
March 10th, 2013, 04:14
Any advice on how to save 4096 textures? To me it looks like DXTbmp just can handle 2048 textures.

Smudge
March 10th, 2013, 05:00
I just use good old imagetool.. :) Fantastic paints there mate.. :D

JensOle
March 10th, 2013, 05:45
Thanks David!

The paintkit is graet, even if it was a bit of a job to get all the camouflage edges lined up on the different mapping areas...lol

Will the Singapore, Saudi Arabia and UAE textures be included in the update? I sure hope so as they look great and will bring more possibilities when it comes to real world operators!

Now also with 4096 textures

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/Europe/Scrshot173.jpg

Smudge
March 10th, 2013, 05:57
The update is already out.. 1.2 is available on the IRIS store, and should be available on the other vendors websites over the weekend or tomorrow.

The paints added to the pack are the US contingent of fictional art, US Marines special, US Navy Blue, US Navy Orange and USAF Grey... :)

The rest of the paints will be downloadable from the website as I add them up. :)

Fireball6
March 10th, 2013, 08:09
During the time i have to wait for 1.2 at flightsimstore, i start to work with the paintkit - here is a quick paintjob. By that way - thanks for your customer-support David - it is like the included paintkit - simply very good :applause:

Kindest regards

Dirk

swimeye
March 10th, 2013, 10:15
Awesome paint Dirk, I bought my copy of the PC-21 today, had to install the performance gauges, after that it was smooth as silk. I flew her around Edwards for an hour or so and I am totally blown away, I have waited so long for this and it was just as great as I had hoped for. Thank you all at the IRIS team, fantastic job all the way!! :salute:

DaveKDEN
March 10th, 2013, 10:28
What size d/l is version 1.2? Flightsim store product is currently 198.74 MB (as of ~12:30 MDT).

JensOle
March 10th, 2013, 10:33
227MB

DaveKDEN
March 10th, 2013, 10:35
227MB

Thanks.:salute:

Barnes
March 10th, 2013, 10:41
This fantastic product has brought me back to FSX - well done iris team for your excellent service and product.

dvj
March 10th, 2013, 20:53
227MB

Do when know when the update will be posted?
Can't wait to see the extra paints. So far I like special IRIS paint the best.

swimeye
March 10th, 2013, 22:54
Looks like it is updated at Flightsimstore.

JensOle
March 10th, 2013, 23:26
V1.2 runs smooth. I first had a problem with the instal (the avionics where not working), but I got it working after doing another fresh instal.

Yesterday I noticed that I had the UAE roundel the wrong way on the left side, it has been fixed..

dvj
March 11th, 2013, 09:01
V1.2 runs smooth. I first had a problem with the instal (the avionics where not working), but I got it working after doing another fresh instal.

Yesterday I noticed that I had the UAE roundel the wrong way on the left side, it has been fixed..

I don't see the UAE texture in the new package. ???

DaveKDEN
March 11th, 2013, 09:17
I don't see the UAE texture in the new package. ???

I think the UAE texture is one of (hopefully) many additional re-paints that are "coming soon."

JensOle
March 11th, 2013, 09:35
And I got one coming...

Bone
March 11th, 2013, 15:30
That is one heck of a turbo prop, it's really more like a jet! However, there is a slight little lag issue with torque changes when in the high power band. For example, if you go to full torque (about 102.1 percent) it takes approx 15-20 seconds to come down after retarding the power lever to flight idle.

Smudge
March 11th, 2013, 17:11
Bone, we'll take a look into that.

dvj
March 11th, 2013, 19:56
That is one heck of a turbo prop, it's really more like a jet! However, there is a slight little lag issue with torque changes when in the high power band. For example, if you go to full torque (about 102.1 percent) it takes approx 15-20 seconds to come down after retarding the power lever to flight idle.

Mine did that prior to v 1.2. no longer the case.

d

Bone
March 11th, 2013, 20:35
Mine did that prior to v 1.2. no longer the case.

d

I got it from Simmarket on the 11th. I'm not sure what version I have because the installer reads 'iris_training_pc21_fsx" ...since you said the latest version doesn't do what I experienced, I guess I have the old version.

Smudge
March 11th, 2013, 20:39
Check the installer... when you run it, the title will show the version. The changelog in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X/IRIS/Pro Training Series/Pilatus PC-21/Manuals and References folder will also tell you what version you have.

Bone
March 11th, 2013, 21:23
OK, thanks. I just checked, and I do have v1.2.

Bone
March 11th, 2013, 21:30
The interesting thing is that it only does it once after loading the model into the sim, so after that you can put it into max torque, and then it responds normally to power lever inputs. But, it hangs up every time after a fresh start up.

Smudge
March 12th, 2013, 06:25
PC-21 Optional Update: Version 1.25 Hotfix is now available.

This hotfix is an OPTIONAL hotfix and reduces top end engine lag found by some users.

If you are happy with your engine performance in the PC-21, you have no need to install this hotfix, however if you would prefer a more 'punchy' feel to your engine performance, this hotfix will provide you with more realistic engine performance.

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/files/hf_pc21_120_125.exe

This file REQUIRES version 1.20 to be installed prior to installation.

Bone, I'd recommend you try it out and see if it's to your liking.. :)

Great for Aerobatics!

Fireball6
March 12th, 2013, 07:36
Denmark's new (virtual) Trainer :mixedsmi: - David, i can't stop flying !!!!!!! The PC-21 is wonderfull........

Dirk

Bone
March 12th, 2013, 08:07
The hotfix created another problem. Now, instead of being able to get a max torque of 102.1 for the take-off roll, max torque is 97.4, and it decreases by itself as airspeed increases. By the time I get to rotation speed, the torque has dropped down to approx 94.3 percent. As airpeed increases to 250, torque has dropped to about 88 percent, all without touching the power levers. The elevation of my airport is 2100 feet, so your values may be a little different if you check this out.

JensOle
March 12th, 2013, 09:31
Denmark's new (virtual) Trainer :mixedsmi: - David, i can't stop flying !!!!!!! The PC-21 is wonderfull........

Dirk

looks good! You might want to consider to change the leading edge as the pc-21 has no separate or painted LE.

swimeye
March 12th, 2013, 09:34
I have exactly the same behaviour as Bone, both before and after the hotfix. :ques:

Fireball6
March 12th, 2013, 10:34
looks good! You might want to consider to change the leading edge as the pc-21 has no separate or painted LE.

Thanks for your kind words JensOle, maybe i do both - with and without painted leading edges - the Swiss AF PC-21's has black LE. At the moment the paint look like below .....

KR Dirk

JensOle
March 12th, 2013, 10:49
Interesting... The swiss pc-21s did not have black painted LEs with the old white/red scheme, but certainly have got it with the latest red scheme.

kilo delta
March 12th, 2013, 10:49
Iris' old PC-9 and T-6 packs have always been favourites of mine, so it's only logical that I should join the masses and pick up this beauty too.

Any of our repainters willing to do a "what-if" paint of the PC-21 in Irish Air Corps colours?:guinness:

ST0RM
March 12th, 2013, 17:51
I was going to buy it today, but PCAviator has the version 1 by the size of the D/L (208Mb). I'll wait until next week and see if they get the newer version ready for sale.

Any pics of the Whif US markings?

-Jeff

Smudge
March 12th, 2013, 18:25
Okay, effective 0220 UTC, 13/03/13 - Version 1.25 is updated with new core files. These files again slightly change the engine power curve for a more realistic value. ~David.

Simply re-download and install as per normal.

TQ settings may adjust automatically due to the implementation of the PMS which computer controls engine power output based on aircraft speed and flight conditions. This is normal and to be expected.

David.

dvj
March 12th, 2013, 21:36
Brilliant new paints!

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9816/pc21g.jpg

Smudge
March 12th, 2013, 23:28
SWEEEET Shot DVJ!

Fireball6
March 13th, 2013, 10:28
I`ve started today with another one from Scandinavia - absolut fictitious like the danish one, but ....... (Hope you like it JensOle)

Dirk

Fireball6
March 14th, 2013, 06:16
Progress ...... not sure about the font (which font did the RNoAF use ?)

VaporZ
March 14th, 2013, 06:24
I`ve started today with another one from Scandinavia - absolut fictitious like the danish one, but ....... (Hope you like it JensOle)

Dirk

Very nice repaint Fireball6

Be informed that following the selection of the JAS-39E Gripen NG by the Swiss Air Force for 22 single
seaters, the Swedish Air Force will buy from 36 to 50 Pilatus PC-21 to replace the Saab 105 that will
end their structural operationnal life by 2017 !
:mixedsmi:
VaporZ !

skyhawka4m
March 14th, 2013, 09:04
an Orlik repaint might be a cool what if?

Bone
March 14th, 2013, 09:53
Okay, effective 0220 UTC, 13/03/13 - Version 1.25 is updated with new core files. These files again slightly change the engine power curve for a more realistic value. ~David.

Simply re-download and install as per normal.

TQ settings may adjust automatically due to the implementation of the PMS which computer controls engine power output based on aircraft speed and flight conditions. This is normal and to be expected.

David.

The updated file isn't available from Simmarket. I DL'd it today and ran the installer. The installer window said it's v1.2, and when I flew the model it still did the same thing.

Fireball6
March 14th, 2013, 10:12
Thanks VaporZ - then the next one will be from sweden. Skyhawka4m - yes, a "what if" - orlik style will be added to the list .......

Greetings :wavey: Dirk

JensOle
March 14th, 2013, 13:22
Hi,

Interesting scheme, but very unlikely in the real world as Norway (as Denmark) only do the entry basic flight training before sending the students of to fly the T-6 Texan II and T-38C at Sheppard. We will probably see another light primary trainer far from the class of the PC-21 as the capabilities are not needed.

The Norwegian AF use a font very similar to the "RAF_WW2_841ATH" as the standard font. The safari aircraft are though having another font. I'm pretty sure a PC-21 type aircraft would have used the official font.
My guess would also be that the number on the tail should be a bit smaller and more centered on the tail.

IRIS
March 14th, 2013, 17:20
The updated file isn't available from Simmarket. I DL'd it today and ran the installer. The installer window said it's v1.2, and when I flew the model it still did the same thing.

Hi Bone,
I grabbed this from David's post on the FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/irissimulations/posts/169251283226088

PC-21 Optional Update: Version 1.25 Hotfix is now available.

This hotfix is an OPTIONAL hotfix and reduces top end engine lag found by some users.

If you are happy with your engine performance in the PC-21, you have no need to install this hotfix, however if you would prefer a more 'punchy' feel to your engine performance, this hotfix will provide you with more realistic engine performance.

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/files/hf_pc21_120_125.exe (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irissimulations.com.au%2F files%2Fhf_pc21_120_125.exe&h=dAQFrOP1w&s=1)

This file REQUIRES version 1.20 to be installed prior to installation.

Now, I'm note sure and David is unavailable ATM, but I think he re-wrote the hotfix again judging by his additional comment

Give that a go. It is optional not everyone needs to install it. We're looking at supplying it to the distributors with a clear readme saying that it is optional, and it's not a necessary update. There are more paints coming out this week so we'll try & get 1 solid update released to the distributors at a time.

If you're not on Facebook or a regular to our website / support system we do have RSS Feeds available for you. You can use a filter through Feedburner (pretty sure they are filter ready) the content you're not interested in. This way you'll be kept up with what's happening. I'm working on getting all the links into one place, and will update my signature when I have that. Feed parsers... oh joy! :)

Cheers.

Karen

Bone
March 14th, 2013, 17:57
ok thanks. I did try the hotfix 1.25 the other day, but it created a new problem which was worse then the old problem...which I mentioned in this thread earlier, so I'm sure he saw it. I made an assumption that the new full installer 1.25 was a different attempt at fixing it. At any rate, Simmarket hasn't updated the file, as David mentioned that they did.

Fireball6
March 14th, 2013, 23:07
Hi JensOle, thanks for your feedback and information - both, the danish and the norwegian paintings are pure fiction - but i like to do the paints :mixedsmi: . I`ll do as mentioned by you and change the Tail-Number in Height and position.

Greetings

Dirk

wapanomi
March 15th, 2013, 00:57
Hi !

Your danish plane is very nice... Don't know why, but it makes me thinking at the beautiful slovenian PC9...

miragecy
March 15th, 2013, 01:16
When do we get the Greek repaint?

skyhawka4m
March 15th, 2013, 01:40
When do we get the Greek repaint?

I'd love to see the paint sccheme used on the current Greek F-4E's and F-16's.....shades of gray.

miragecy
March 15th, 2013, 02:34
I'd love to see the paint sccheme used on the current Greek F-4E's and F-16's.....shades of gray.

You mean the Aegean Ghost scheme

VaporZ
March 15th, 2013, 03:28
Thanks VaporZ - then the next one will be from sweden. Skyhawka4m - yes, a "what if" - orlik style will be added to the list .......

French Armée De l'Air Pilatus PC-21

By the way, for your information, many french aviation and defense magazines are confirming the following :

French "Armée De l'Air" will be a Pilatus PC-21 customer as soon as 2014-2016 timeframe.

Segments of the current AlphaJet training syllabus will then be transfered to the PC-21 at Cognac Air base
under a "public private program" ( PPP ) just like the Canadian "NFTC" program at Moose Jaw Air Base !

Tours air base will be closed, leaving all advanced AlphaJet training to be concentrated at the Belgian/French
"AJeTs" program at Cazaux Air Base.

AlphaJets will eventually be replaced at Cazaux's "AJeTs" by Alenia M-346 Masters in a joint venture including
"Masters" from France, Belgium and Singapore plus for any future other interested participating Air Arms.

( Please Iris Simulations think of an Alenia M-346 Master for FSX )

Then, remaining French AlphaJet trainers will "soldier on" for the "Adversary Role" at Dijon Air Base and for the
famed aerobatic "Patrouille De France" at Salon De Provence Air Base.

-->>

The French Pilatus PC-21 will most probably be painted just like the current Epsilon and Alpha Jet Fleets :

Medium Grey Overall
Fully colored national roundel and squadron markings
Dayglo Orange Panels on fin tip and wing tips
White "Armée De l'Air" inscription
Six digits "Air Base" codings on fuselage
( 709-xx for Cognac Air Base )
Airframe number on fin

http://www.airliners.net/photo/France---Air/Socata-TB-30-Epsilon/1873241/L/&sid=a9df44536367b2cef146eaf20b999e46

http://www.airliners.net/photo/France---Air/Dassault-Dornier-Alpha-Jet/2234686/L/&sid=a65313a7d86b89240ce17225e3af881c

VaporZ

Fireball6
March 15th, 2013, 05:51
Very detailed Informations VaporZ - ok, french paint is added to my "to do"-list. In the meantime here is the modified norwegian paint.

:wavey: Dirk

Fireball6
March 15th, 2013, 07:06
.... and another Variation, now with "RAF_WW2_841ATH"-font - the shot above shows the "RAF_WW2_851ATH"-font. I mess up the different fonts :icon_lol:

swimeye
March 15th, 2013, 13:26
With the latest hotfix everything now works perfect. =)

Smudge
March 16th, 2013, 17:56
Awesome...

If any of you have any paints you'd like us to host on our website on the PC-21 page, please let us know the download links and we'll happily do it for you.

DB.

JensOle
March 17th, 2013, 00:11
Interested in the UAE-128 "Pilatus test flight" textures David?

JensOle
March 17th, 2013, 00:13
Hi JensOle, thanks for your feedback and information - both, the danish and the norwegian paintings are pure fiction - but i like to do the paints :mixedsmi: . I`ll do as mentioned by you and change the Tail-Number in Height and position.

Greetings

Dirk

Yeah, that is the beauty of FS :) I have been doing some work to see how the Swedish low vis Gripen scheme look on the PC for a possible swedish and hungarian paint.

Maury2008
March 17th, 2013, 03:35
these systems are simulated?
a) landing gear warning
b) landing gear test button
c) Emergency Jettison pushbutton
d) Emergency Landing Gear Handle
the landing gear warning only works occasionally, other controls are clickable but do nothing
The manual says they are all operating

Fireball6
March 17th, 2013, 08:20
Yeah, that is the beauty of FS :) I have been doing some work to see how the Swedish low vis Gripen scheme look on the PC for a possible swedish and hungarian paint.

Hi JensOle, that sounds good - i am a great fan of your artwork and looking forward to your PC-21 - Paints. I'll starting with a french and polish one.

Fireball6
March 18th, 2013, 05:00
First Flight ....... (WIP)

Fireball6
March 18th, 2013, 23:56
so it looks today ......

bmd
March 19th, 2013, 06:14
Hello Fireball6,

Your french armee de l'air repaint look great. It will be one of my favorite when it will be available. Thank for your wonderful repaint work

Benoit

Fireball6
March 19th, 2013, 06:41
Glad you like it Benoit - i`ve just finished a slightly modified paint for the Display-version. Need to do the "Paperwork" and then they are ready to go. Think they should be available in the next two days.

:wavey: Dirk

ZsoltB
March 19th, 2013, 23:36
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/3449/77495196.jpg

Fireball6
March 20th, 2013, 00:32
Wow! Like the RAF-Paint

bmd
March 20th, 2013, 10:45
Hello Dirk,

Thank hyou for the superb "armme de l'ai"r repaint of the PC-21. As I said previously it is one of my favorite for this model.

Have a good day

Benoit

JensOle
March 29th, 2013, 00:41
The PC-21 "128" UAE Pilatus flight test repaint has been released, enjoy!

bmd
April 1st, 2013, 15:55
Hello,

A new French Air Force repaint, for the Pilatus PC-21, by Martial Feron is available in the SOH Library / FSX skin

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=3&linkid=16114

Have a good day

Benoit

BVR_Corsario
April 23rd, 2013, 08:38
Hello. I need help to do a repaint. How to hide or delete formation lights? Modified Alpha Channel? Effects or Specular textures? Thx.

wapanomi
April 23rd, 2013, 10:32
The formation lights can be removed in game, with the FMC. I don't think you have to manage that in your repaint.

BVR_Corsario
April 23rd, 2013, 15:23
Thanks Wapanomi you're right, is fully explained in the manual. I must remember to read the manual before doing anything. :banghead:

wapanomi
April 24th, 2013, 10:41
You're welcome. Good luck with your texture, it's a wonderful plane to repaint.

zirael
June 5th, 2013, 03:30
My attempt to Orlik style, WIP

VaporZ
June 26th, 2013, 04:09
Here is an interesting repaint project :

The first Pilatus PC-21 for the Saudi Arabia Air Force fresh out at the Pilatus factory at Stans, Switzerland.
June 13, 2013.
VaporZ

Matt Wynn
June 26th, 2013, 04:22
i'm sure i did a Saudi one for release, not sure whether David released it with the pack though...

Ferry_vO
June 26th, 2013, 04:36
i'm sure i did a Saudi one for release, not sure whether David released it with the pack though...

He did and it's quite close to the final product:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2013-06-2614-13-53-04_zps2aa49b6d.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2013-06-2614-13-53-04_zps2aa49b6d.jpg.html)

Would love to see more repaints for this nice aircraft coming BTW!

Matt Wynn
June 26th, 2013, 04:46
i might still have my masters for that, will take a look this evening in case i do.... :salute: if so it's a quick change...

Ferry_vO
June 26th, 2013, 04:53
And of course I have to make a request for a fictional livery based on this one...:

Matt Wynn
June 26th, 2013, 05:42
i always liked that scheme... just something very aesthetically pleasing about it :cool:

clmooring
June 26th, 2013, 17:08
The more I fly the pc-21, the more I like it. Tonight I noticed how the landing lights reflect off the back of the prop... very cool

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Skyhawk_310R
June 26th, 2013, 18:20
I'm asking this out of simple curiosity, the title piqued my interest since it is named "Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21." Why this name? Is there something about this model that is considered to facilitate a professional level of training, or was it intended to emphasize that this aircraft is used as a primary trainer for many national air forces?

Cheers,

Ken

clmooring
June 26th, 2013, 19:13
I don't know but it has a lot of documentation. The pilot handbook is 140+ pages.

Naki
June 26th, 2013, 19:53
I'm asking this out of simple curiosity, the title piqued my interest since it is named "Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21." Why this name? Is there something about this model that is considered to facilitate a professional level of training, or was it intended to emphasize that this aircraft is used as a primary trainer for many national air forces?

Cheers,

Ken

Not answering your question but the Swiss use the PC-21 as an advanced trainer and graduates convert directly to F-5s and F-18s (and Gripens when they enter service). The other users (Suadia Arabia, Singapore, UAE, Qatar) all have Lead-in jet trainers

zirael
June 27th, 2013, 04:15
PZL-130 Orlik repaint for IRIS PC-21 is ready if anyone is interested.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hk9sx3rsa8v216t/orlik_pilatus21_1.1.zip

Pawel

Lawman
June 27th, 2013, 09:04

Cheers,

Ken

IRIS has a number of "series" in their portfolio that denotes the hierarchy within their product range, for example the "Pro Series", "Platinum Series" etc.

Alpha Two Zero
June 27th, 2013, 11:08
Hi,
I just got this as Iris are having a sale on. Lovely aircraft but has anyone noticed the pilots/students right arm is not modeled onto the stick, it's been place over to the right side

Skyhawk_310R
June 28th, 2013, 16:48
IRIS has a number of "series" in their portfolio that denotes the hierarchy within their product range, for example the "Pro Series", "Platinum Series" etc.

I suspect you are right, and as a marketing tool it is their right. But, I do hope it is emphasized by all involved with this project that nothing produced for FSX by anyone at any time can be considered flight or simulator training in pursuit of any real-world pilot certificates. As an instructor pilot in the real world, I take that seriously because it is something that professional flight instructors emphasize.

I remember back when there was the Discovery Wings channel and there was an outstanding regular program that showed one of the best CFI's I have ever seen be videotaped providing actual flight instruction to a student pilot. However, even with that, the program made a point of showing and reading a disclaimer that nothing in the program could be considered to meet the requirements of actual instruction simply because that kind of instruction requires the kind of fidelity and interaction that not even video of actual flight instruction can provide.

Anyway, FWIW, I think we all need to remember that this is merely a PC game. It's a great game, and it is very enjoyable and folks like at Iris work very hard to produce some excellent products to advance the enjoyment people can have in the game. But, I hope none of us take it that additional step to imply there is anything truly at the level of professional training going on in FSX by anyone.

Cheers,

Ken

ST0RM
July 7th, 2013, 17:05
Got the PC-21 this weekend and am loving it. So far spent 3 hours of flight time figuring out all of the goodies. The paint schemes are outstanding. I was drawn to the IRIS low-vis and the primered aircraft the most.

Question for Matt. Do you have a desert tan flight suit texture for the pilots? The Middle Eastern crews often fly in tan bags versus green, as do the USN now.

All in all, I'm very happy with the new addition to my "hangar".

clmooring
July 7th, 2013, 17:36
It has become one of my favorites

Matt Wynn
July 8th, 2013, 00:52
Tan flight suit.... hmm... let me check... i believe i do..... somewhere :icon_lol:

ST0RM
July 8th, 2013, 09:47
Tan flight suit.... hmm... let me check... i believe i do..... somewhere :icon_lol:

Thanks Matt. Looking forward to it.

-Jeff

Matt Wynn
July 8th, 2013, 15:31
ok hope this works.... tan/coyote flight suit for PC-21 crew, with stadard green Nomex gloves.......

ST0RM
July 8th, 2013, 17:17
ok hope this works.... tan/coyote flight suit for PC-21 crew, with stadard green Nomex gloves.......

Thanks Matt. Perfect!

Cheers,
Jeff

wapanomi
July 8th, 2013, 21:34
This will be perfect on your outstanding Qatari skin, thank you !

Matt Wynn
July 9th, 2013, 03:09
no problem guys, glad to help :salute:

Barnes
July 9th, 2013, 06:03
I suspect you are right, and as a marketing tool it is their right. But, I do hope it is emphasized by all involved with this project that nothing produced for FSX by anyone at any time can be considered flight or simulator training in pursuit of any real-world pilot certificates. As an instructor pilot in the real world, I take that seriously because it is something that professional flight instructors emphasize.

I remember back when there was the Discovery Wings channel and there was an outstanding regular program that showed one of the best CFI's I have ever seen be videotaped providing actual flight instruction to a student pilot. However, even with that, the program made a point of showing and reading a disclaimer that nothing in the program could be considered to meet the requirements of actual instruction simply because that kind of instruction requires the kind of fidelity and interaction that not even video of actual flight instruction can provide.

Anyway, FWIW, I think we all need to remember that this is merely a PC game. It's a great game, and it is very enjoyable and folks like at Iris work very hard to produce some excellent products to advance the enjoyment people can have in the game. But, I hope none of us take it that additional step to imply there is anything truly at the level of professional training going on in FSX by anyone.

Cheers,

Ken

I agree ken - its similar rather than a simulator!

Barnes
July 9th, 2013, 14:08
Just finishing this ficticious repaint. Hope it never happens for real

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/WIP_zps8040e482.jpg (http://s439.photobucket.com/user/GAJIT/media/WIP_zps8040e482.jpg.html)

MiG Killer
February 21st, 2014, 17:38

By some miracle, would anybody happen to have this attachment or know where I could find it?

VaporZ
May 6th, 2014, 02:25
To any interested SOH topgun repainters !

Here is the final official ( incomplete ) colors of Pilatus PC-21 for the Qatar Air Force.
Photos taken May 1st at Pilatus factory at Buochs / Stans, Switzerland.

24 x Pilatus PC-21 are on orders from Qatar who intend to create its own
National Military Aviation Academy.
:mixed-smiley-010:
VaporZ

Complement of information

Here is a bad quality photo of the first PC-21 for Qatar "QA 350"
on ground engine testing with national roundels, fin flag and arab/english
inscriptions "Qatar Emiri Air Force !

VaporZ
June 12th, 2014, 04:48
Here is a better quality photography of Qatar "QA 350" Pilatus PC-21 with national roundels, fin
flag and arab/english inscriptions "Qatar Emiri Air Force !

Any top gun repainter interested of doing it ?

As future PC-21 references, you can follow almost on a daily basis the Pilatus production line at
the following spotters website directly located at the Buochs / Stans Pilatus factory in Switzerland :

http://www.spotting-pilatus-aircraft.ch/pages/de/pc21/index.html
:mixed-smiley-010:
VaporZ