PDA

View Full Version : Su 7 repaints started

SteveB
March 6th, 2013, 11:57
Here is an early WIP of Rainer Mehlin's model which I have just started working on in the paint shop. Will be a while befor I have anything too upload.

Steve

andersel
March 6th, 2013, 12:46
Looking forward to more of your GREAT work.

LA

Jagdflieger
March 6th, 2013, 12:49
Me too!

SSI01
March 6th, 2013, 17:21
Give us addicts more of that old Soviet-era hardware!!:jump:

ian elliot
March 6th, 2013, 22:15
oh yes :jump:
cheers ian

SteveB
March 6th, 2013, 23:44
Got a bit more done overnight.

vonernsk
March 7th, 2013, 02:55
Steve,

These look great. The 'Eastern Bloc' really seems to be your bag. Like you, I feel that because of a number of factors (mainly the lack of language by yours truly) there has been a dearth in FS9 of what, after all, have been the most prolific jet-fighter types in the globe.
Mehlin has/is doing a fantastic job in providing excellent examples of some of these a/c. Bear Studios have also opened up this area dramatically (Am waiting

He is working on the swing-wing version of the SU-7 at the moment and having looked at the web-site he is showing his progress, I have no doubt that he will produce another winner.

Challenging but rewarding to fly, these high-speed dragons never allow your attention to wander. High speed approaches and landings, everything happening faster and the edge always seems only a razor's width away - amazingly addictive.

Tks for all of your work Steve

Mal

SteveB
March 7th, 2013, 03:11
Hi Mal, I have already done some prep work on his Su22 fuselage. but will be doing the Su7 first.

Steve

SSI01
March 7th, 2013, 03:52
Both beautiful jobs, and looking forward to many more finished products!

The MiG-19 and its Shenyang derivatives seem to have been more or less ignored in the community. Do you have any plans regarding this aircraft?

SteveB
March 7th, 2013, 04:12
Both beautiful jobs, and looking forward to many more finished products!

The MiG-19 and its Shenyang derivatives seem to have been more or less ignored in the community. Do you have any plans regarding this aircraft?

Heres me a Mig aholic trying too kick the habit and someone has too mention them :). The only MiG 19 I know of for fs9 has no vc, and I have recently been thinking about painting it at sometime in the future. I did release some bare metal schemes years ago when the 19 was first released.

Steve

Matt Wynn
March 7th, 2013, 05:22
Hi Mal, I have already done some prep work on his Su22 fuselage. but will be doing the Su7 first.

Steve

now that nose marking looks very familiar...... would this be the one we saw on the pan in 2010 or was it 2011?.... memory is failing me..... :icon_lol:

SteveB
March 7th, 2013, 05:50
now that nose marking looks very familiar...... would this be the one we saw on the pan in 2010 or was it 2011?.... memory is failing me..... :icon_lol:

The yellow red and black nose marking is common too most Su22's. But I am planning too do a Polish aircraft amongst other users.

Steve

SteveB
March 7th, 2013, 08:36
back too the Su 7, this is the default cammo scheme as included in the paintkit, messed around with a bit, and tweaked a little bit.

SteveB
March 8th, 2013, 04:50
It's going to be coming in blue as well.

Steve

SOLOBO
March 8th, 2013, 11:22
Nice work SteveB...!! :guinness:

SteveB
March 10th, 2013, 07:17
Thanks SOLOBO, I have been busy working on this one, just needs a few edges tweaking.

SteveB
March 10th, 2013, 16:05
An early WIP of bare metal textures.

HorusJ
March 10th, 2013, 17:05
An early WIP of bare metal textures.

:d:):d

SSI01
March 10th, 2013, 18:50
Steve, these are all beautiful repaints. Looking forward very much to their availability, hopefully soon!

Question for you re: the Polish AF aircraft - didn't the Polish AF keep their upper wing surfaces without national insignia? I know they did this, but I've never heard the reason for it.

SteveB
March 11th, 2013, 05:13
Most probable reason has something to do with all the senior Airforce personnel who set up and ran the Polish Airforce post ww2 had served and trained in soviet controlled units during ww2 and followed the old ww2 practice in the sov airforce of not having top wing insignia. more a guestimation rather than a provable fact. Maybe some one here can answer this one for you.
As for the wing insignia on the earlier screenie I sometimes can't stop meself, when painting stuff. Heres an updated screenie still got a few bits too sort befor i'm happy with the metal.

SSI01
March 11th, 2013, 06:13
That guesstimate on your part makes a lot of sense. You do great work Steve!! Love that bare metal, Soviet-style.:salute:

ian elliot
March 11th, 2013, 09:33
Sharp as always Steve :salute:
cheers ian

SteveB
March 11th, 2013, 12:03
I have also been playing with this one.

SteveB
March 11th, 2013, 14:25
Here are some updated piccies of the DRA, NK and sov cammo's

SteveB
March 14th, 2013, 03:27
Had a bit of time too work on the metals, including a fictional.

SteveB
March 14th, 2013, 04:23
I am also working on another cammo scheme. I am hoping too have something too upload this weekend.

Steve

SSI01
March 14th, 2013, 10:25
Lookin' great, Steve!!

SteveB
March 15th, 2013, 05:48
I have just uploaded three bare metal schemes, Soviet red 27, Polish red 19, and fictional USAF.
They will show up once admin has done it's thing.

Steve

HorusJ
March 15th, 2013, 18:47
Thank you Steve.Added another one of your fine Polish schemes to my fleet.I'm going to need a bigger hanger.:icon_lol:

Joel

SteveB
March 16th, 2013, 07:09
I have just uploaded another three bare metals, Czech, Romanian, and Vietnamese. Up next will be the last bare metal, along with a couple of cammo schemes.
As for Horus and his civil enginering costs at his ever expanding hangers, all I can say is EZ scenery or something similar is reccomended. I still do have 4 other coldwar warriors in the pipeline if you don't count helicopters and AI.

Steve

vonernsk
March 16th, 2013, 08:05
Great skins Steve.

Tried to download the a/c from the easyfly.co.nz site but no joy from there.

Anyone know where else you can get this a/c?

Mal

SteveB
March 16th, 2013, 08:59
Sorry used an old url thing. here is the alphasim freeware directory
http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php

Steve

Jagdflieger
March 16th, 2013, 10:56
I just downloaded the Polish AF metal skin SU 7 textures. I'll use it for flights out of Radom, Swinden and Baby Doly bases in Poland.

Thanks!

SteveB
March 17th, 2013, 06:16
I have just uploaded 2 Afgahni and a North Korean schemes. Three more cammo schemes will follow in a day or two.

SteveB
March 19th, 2013, 06:57
I have just uploaded two cammo schemes, soviet red 78 and Czechslovak black 6425.

Steve

vonernsk
March 19th, 2013, 11:23
Really enjoying installing and flying these skins Steve. You have the touch. Love the Lo-Viz Polish AF paints. Really sharp and bring this 'whale' of fighter to life.

Thanks
Mal

SteveB
March 19th, 2013, 11:30
A very early WIP of a black one. I also have an Iraqi cammo underway. Glad your enjoying them.

Steve

wbuchart
March 20th, 2013, 11:29
fictional USAF metal......Thanks Steve!:icon29:

SteveB
March 20th, 2013, 15:19
It still has a fair bit of work to go but here is a look at the Iraqi cammo I have been working on.

SteveB
March 21st, 2013, 15:53
I have taken a break from straight lines this evening, I started working up an 1973 Egyptian scheme. The piccie is an early WIP only one side part worked on so far and the reg number is just there in a holding pattern.

SteveB
March 25th, 2013, 14:55
Sorry guys got a little distracted from th Su7 the past few days but I've been playing in the paintshop with something that has eight wheels and a heavy machine gun. Will get back too work on the Su7 in the next few days.

HorusJ
March 25th, 2013, 15:58
No problem Steve.That wingless-thing you're working on looks quite appealing.:salute:
Is it pilotable(or playable)?And where does one go to get one.(Anything Russian :russia: I am crazy for!)

Joel

SteveB
March 25th, 2013, 16:15
No problem Steve.That wingless-thing you're working on looks quite appealing.:salute:
Is it pilotable(or playable)?And where does one go to get one.(Anything Russian :russia: I am crazy for!)

Joel

I got a mate too convert the model which was found on the internet I'm using it in ez scenery, at my heli base in Afgahnistan which i'm slowly building up. static scenery object only so far, I would also love too have it too drive.

Steve

Jagdflieger
March 25th, 2013, 20:34
Ah yes. The BTR-60 with 14.5mm auto cannon and a 7.62mm coax machine gun. As your screen shot seems to indicate, there were lots of 'em used in the A-Stan. Many of 'em are still there, just rusting away.

Quax d. Bruchpilot
March 26th, 2013, 12:38
ooops ! Saw the BTR at the last screenie , where can I get it or the scenery ? :jump:

SteveB
March 26th, 2013, 13:44
ooops ! Saw the BTR at the last screenie , where can I get it or the scenery ? :jump:

The scenery is early WIP ( only got the one wall and gate area started on so far) soviet helibase I'm building on the outskirts of Bagram town. I use ez scenery as an escape from painting.
The BTR 60 is one of a few old soviet vehicles we are trying too get to work as scenery objects. It would help if we knew what we are doing but it keeps us busy and out of trouble.

Steve

SteveB
March 27th, 2013, 06:20
Thanks too Matt, Mats and alot of swearing we got a BRDM 2 too play with as well. I am still working on the textures.

SteveB
March 27th, 2013, 17:12
Theres an early wip of something else.

Matt Wynn
March 27th, 2013, 17:20
starting to take shape now! looking good! :jump:

SteveB
March 28th, 2013, 15:08
I have pretty much finished painting up the BRDM recce, but there are a couple of other BRDM models being fertled with.

Matt Wynn
March 28th, 2013, 17:12
there are a couple of other BRDM models being fertled with.

there are? :icon_lol:..... i mean... "There Are!" :salute: so that's what i am supposed to be doing!

SteveB
March 28th, 2013, 18:25
there are? :icon_lol:..... i mean... "There Are!" :salute: so that's what i am supposed to be doing!

Well technicaly its 4 if you count the model with searchlight turret and gun depressed, lol.
Here's the BRDM line up so far in various stages of play.

Steve

HorusJ
March 28th, 2013, 18:31
Looking good there Steve!:salute:

SteveB
March 28th, 2013, 22:27
After an all nighter pulled by Matt and myself we have a remodelled, retextured and added two etra BRDM's, added some lights sorted out the shading issues ect. Here is a piccie of current state of the BRDM's. Once I have grabbed a few hours sleep I will turn my attentions to finishing off the BTR 60 textures. That will give me the weekend too play with the T55 textures.
And hopefully some time on the egyptian cammo SU 7.

Steve

ZsoltB
March 28th, 2013, 23:41
These vehicles what's to know?
Ai or scenery obj?

When will be available?

Zsolt

CG_1976
March 29th, 2013, 00:30
These vehicles what's to know?
Ai or scenery obj?

When will be available?

Zsolt

I was wondering the same. I have a few area's around MUGM I'd like to plant them on the Cuban side of the Frontier and over at MUSA and MUGT.

Matt Wynn
March 29th, 2013, 01:53
they're scenery items, can be placed using your choice of scenery item placing kit... as for me, still not slept as i'm working on a few other things... :icon_lol:

SteveB
March 29th, 2013, 06:16
The Soviet era vehicles seen on this thread are being produced as static scenery objects and will be made available too download once we have the items we are working on complete, many decisions have had too be made on the detail of these vehicles too keep them as detailed yet low poly as poss. I could do with a couple of volunteers too help test the models too check frame rates ect when using them in scenery. This will mean you will have to place large numbers in the area of an airport and then fly around keeping an eye on the old framerates. I am experiencing no probs or even frame hits on my rig but could do with confirming how they work on other setups. Any volunteers and i only need a couple should drop me a email at my usual address titled Soviet armour, and I will send out the bgl's for the brdm and then the BTR 60. The BRDM when released will come with a basic layered paintkit so people can have whatever flavour they need for there sceneries.

Steve

HorusJ
March 29th, 2013, 08:15
Hey Steve,
I did a quick-small test with eight vehicles(I know very small numbers)and frames only dropped from about an average of 55 to 50,but that includes my custom AI traffic,other scenery items,and the Mil I was flying.Not bad!!!:applause:
I can do some more testing later,larger numbers,ect if you want.Happy to help.:salute:

Joel

SteveB
March 29th, 2013, 09:10
feel free too keep adding more till you break it lol.

Steve

ian elliot
March 29th, 2013, 10:07
Ive added about 40 to my Kaliningrad scenery from a few months back, and things are starting to slow down abit, 13-14 frames which is fine for me, this is a shot of the Motor-pool, got to save a bit of room for the 55's :jump:
cheers ian

SteveB
March 29th, 2013, 13:51
Cheers Ian I installed it and will try it out in a bit. I have bin hunting and found the elusive yellow box on the side of the BTR 60. I'll send out the new texture later on tonight.

Steve

ZsoltB
March 29th, 2013, 15:09
:jump::applause:

Matt Wynn
March 29th, 2013, 21:29
a little something i'm working on for Uncle Stalin, just to give some more life to Soviet-era Bagram and surrounding area.... this being just 1 of many compounds and low-lying structures i'm working on for him...

Matt Wynn
March 30th, 2013, 05:13
ok that'll do for now, going to a soccer game at 1500... the main 'base' compound is all that stands between me and several compounds completed....

SteveB
April 5th, 2013, 07:00
And i'm back onto things with wings. Just to recap I'm working on a couple of Middle Eastern cammo schemes.

ZsoltB
April 6th, 2013, 07:12
:jump: :applause:

Zsolt

Blackbird686
April 6th, 2013, 08:10
Nice Work, Steve... :applause::applause::salute:........BB686:USA-flag:

SteveB
April 8th, 2013, 14:27
Got some more done on the Egyptian last night.

ZsoltB
April 8th, 2013, 23:01
Great work!
Thank you!

SteveB
April 9th, 2013, 05:35
Just a couple of edges left too sort.

SteveB
April 9th, 2013, 11:22
Just a few bits and this one is done.

SteveB
April 10th, 2013, 04:42
I have just about done the three arab schemes, just the paperwork and piccies. I will be uploading them tommorow. Egypt, Iraq and Syrian.
I have a couple of Indian Air Force schmes too complete next.

SteveB
April 11th, 2013, 03:30
I spent a few hours on the Su22 last night, it's coming along, never know I might get too start splashing cammo near it befor too long.

HorusJ
April 11th, 2013, 06:18
I spent a few hours on the Su22 last night, it's coming along, never know I might get too start splashing cammo near it befor too long.

Nice!!! :applause:

SteveB
April 11th, 2013, 06:22
I have just uploaded the Three Middle Eastern cammo Schemes for the Su 7, and heres an updated piccie on the current state of play on the nose area of the Su22.

Blackbird686
April 11th, 2013, 08:18
Excellent work! "Blue 08" will be first on the flight line as soon as I get some air time. Thanks for all your superb repaints, Steve. :salute:.....BB686:USA-flag:

SteveB
April 11th, 2013, 09:39
You might want too wait a bit as it's all gone a funny colour at the mo. :icon_lol:

Blackbird686
April 11th, 2013, 11:23
Yeah... looks like the tyres went flat, too....:isadizzy: Actually, I like the all green/light grey scheme in the first pic.... but that's JMO......BB686:USA-flag:

SteveB
April 11th, 2013, 14:57
I spent a few hours this evening on the 22.