PDA

View Full Version : Pan rate

jojohnson9
October 4th, 2008, 10:58
Can you change the "pan rate" in FSX. In FS9 I modified the cfg. But I can't find pan rate entry in fsx.cfg.

Naismith
November 13th, 2011, 15:27
Sorry to drag this old message up but I see it was never answered, and I am wondering likewise. Since I got this new Logitech 940 J/S the pan rate is a bit sluggish.

falcon409
November 13th, 2011, 15:34
You'll find it in the Camera settings where the FSX.cfg resides. Look for the [CameraDefinition.002] VC settings. It's called PitchPanRate= and HeadingPanRate=.

FlameOut
November 13th, 2011, 15:37
I usually add this: PanAcceleratorTime=0 to the section in the aircraft cfg.

[CameraDefinition.XXX]
Title = "Right Seat"

or...

[CameraDefinition.XXX]
Title = "Left Rear Seat"

...for example.

jandjfrench
November 13th, 2011, 16:12
Hi,

The "Camera" pan rates are addressed in the previous posts. If your concern is about the pan rate of the default VC or Spot views this can be set by moving the slider in the Settings/Control "View (pan)". By default it's set mid-range.

Jim F.

falcon409
November 13th, 2011, 17:14
Hi,
The "Camera" pan rates are addressed in the previous posts. If your concern is about the pan rate of the default VC or Spot views this can be set by moving the slider in the Settings/Control "View (pan)". By default it's set mid-range.
Jim F.
ahhhhh, I would no longer say unequivocally that's incorrect, because I'm old and I forget a lot, lol, but the one you refer to sets only the key designation for what controls your head movement, not the rate. There is no slider, at least none that I'm aware of. Maybe a screenshot of what you're talking about would help to clarify. The VC pan rate is controlled as mentioned above, in the Camera.cfg file.:salute:

michael davies
November 14th, 2011, 03:29
ahhhhh, I would no longer say unequivocally that's incorrect, because I'm old and I forget a lot, lol, but the one you refer to sets only the key designation for what controls your head movement, not the rate. There is no slider, at least none that I'm aware of. Maybe a screenshot of what you're talking about would help to clarify. The VC pan rate is controlled as mentioned above, in the Camera.cfg file.:salute:

Until last week I'd have agreed :), however the JF 757 VC pan rate is far faster than the rest of my aircraft, leading me to summise there must be a local way of doing it, I've not yet had time to dig through the aircraft cfg, but Flameouts tip could well be a good place to start.

Regards Michael

falcon409
November 14th, 2011, 04:14
Michael, I did a search for tips on adjusting the Pan Rate in the FSX VC and so far, all of them point to adjusting the two variables found at the bottom of the Camera2 (and 3) configuration blocks in the Cameras.cfg file. That appears to be the primary setting. Let me preface this statement by saying that I know camera definitions can be added to the aircraft.cfg file, but that's reserved for folks who know how (I do not). . . . .Flameout may be on to something as well, however I have a lot of aircraft (port-overs) that contain no camera definitions at all so setting something in the aircraft.cfg file (for those of us who have no idea how to add definitions) isn't an option.

I found the tweaks in this mornings search by "Googling" "Increasing the Pan Rate in FSX VC".

n4gix
November 14th, 2011, 06:56
Depending on the aircraft, there may also be custom camera configurations in the aircraft.cfg file that add to, or override the default cameras.cfg file settings.

For example, a copilot's viewpoint may be present. I've found that these three settings will closely match the default pilot's pitch and pan speed:

PitchPanRate=50
HeadingPanRate=50
PanAcceleratorTime=0

Naismith
November 14th, 2011, 10:51
Thanks for the responses. I've had some improvement at 50 50 and 0 settings. Thank you all.