PDA

View Full Version : FS Nav for FSX

Dangerousdave26
January 8th, 2009, 07:01
I know FS Nav is discontinued and was never ported over to FSX.

What is the equivalent for FSX?

Freeware or Payware

CG_1976
January 8th, 2009, 07:06
FS Commander by Aerosoft, I think current version is 8.4.

Navy Chief
January 8th, 2009, 08:09
And it is not nearly as easy to use, in my opinion. I still can't figure it out.

NC

Boomer
January 8th, 2009, 08:41
I have looked at that & it didnt impress me.

I have been toying with the idea of getting Aerosoft's FSMap. Anyone have any experiences with it?

dswo
January 8th, 2009, 09:25
I like FSMap, but it's not a planner.

spotlope
January 8th, 2009, 13:09
And it is not nearly as easy to use, in my opinion. I still can't figure it out.

NC

I completely agree, FSC is much tougher to figure out. I have to say though, I recently took the time to read the manual, and I'm getting a lot more use out of it now. FSNav was da bomb when it came to an intuitive user interface, but it turns out that FSCommander gets the job done. It's just a little wonkier.

dswo
January 8th, 2009, 14:52
I don't have it, but as a flight planner, Ernie Alston's FS Build is hard to beat for making realistic routes. What it doesn't have is a moving map. But if I did tubeliners, that's what I'd get.

Navy Chief
January 8th, 2009, 15:09
I completely agree, FSC is much tougher to figure out. I have to say though, I recently took the time to read the manual, and I'm getting a lot more use out of it now. FSNav was da bomb when it came to an intuitive user interface, but it turns out that FSCommander gets the job done. It's just a little wonkier.

I am getting to the age where "wonkier" is difficult for my addled brain to handle!!!

NC

Pepere
January 8th, 2009, 15:17
I use FS Commander. I like the flight planner but the rest of the options do not work in FSX. I was just looking for a planner anyway so I do use it a lot.

David :kilroy: