PDA

View Full Version : Paypal scam?

Terry
March 5th, 2013, 02:49
Have any of you been getting email supposedly from Paypal thanking you for sending money to someone you never heard of? I have gotten three of them since the first of the year. I sent Paypal a message but have not heard back. :a1451:

KellyB
March 5th, 2013, 04:02
If you haven't done so, I'd recommend you check any credit/debit card accounts immediately to be sure nothing has happened there.
The only time (so far) I've been hit was thanks to a PayPal leak. Fortunately, our credit card company caught it just because it looked suspicious.

It otherwise has all the earmarks of spam at least, and phishing or worse.

Gdavis101
March 5th, 2013, 16:08
Do the transactions show up in your Paypal account? Or do you even have one? I have gotten bogus emails regarding Paypal, but I usually just go directly to my PP account and check there to see if there is any validity to them.

Terry
March 6th, 2013, 03:16
No transactions are showing up at Paypal and no money is missing. I suppose the emails are some sort of phishing scheme.

511Flyer
March 6th, 2013, 10:27
I live in the UK and have recently received e-mails recording Paypal payments that I had no knowledge of. I sent the details to Paypal and they e-mailed me within 36 hrs to confirm that they were a scam.

I checked my card accounts, and no money has been debited to these people. Both the people I've supposedly purchased wrist watches from, live in the USA.

I suppose the best thing to do is ignore them. Don't click on any links, or you may find yourself in deep cacky.

Den.