PDA

View Full Version : Roy Chaffin’s B-25

nik112
March 5th, 2013, 01:49
Hi all
Does anybody have converted Roy Chaffin’s B-25? I tried with mdlc v2 but at ff the bomb bay doors are open.
Any solution for this?

cheers:isadizzy::running:

No Dice
March 5th, 2013, 05:58
I am a bit confused, why a conversion...CFS2 version is available already

http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html (http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html)

Dave

Shessi
March 5th, 2013, 08:55
Unfortunately Dave, the CFS2 specific model is a different version, not a J model, it also has less detail etc.

Nik,
The bomb bay doors are linked to the water rudder deploy command in FS9, which CFS2 does not use, so a bit of scasm to link this call/command to something CFS2 will recognise is needed, I tend to use the tail hook command, as most ac don't have these.
I have tried with Roy's B25, but on re-compiling it runs into an error and a line buffer error, now extending the line buffer does not seem to make any difference as the sca will not recompile. Even just sca-ing the Fs9 mdl and then re-compiling without touching the entries, it will not re-compile then!!! grrrr!!

I hope someone else may have more luck, as this is a nice model. Or a bit of hex-ing if someone knows the hex string for the water rudder and say the cfs2 tail hook commands??

Cheers

Shessi

The B24 Guy
March 5th, 2013, 11:36
Unfortunately Dave, the CFS2 specific model is a different version, not a J model, it also has less detail etc.

Nik,
The bomb bay doors are linked to the water rudder deploy command in FS9, which CFS2 does not use, so a bit of scasm to link this call/command to something CFS2 will recognise is needed, I tend to use the tail hook command, as most ac don't have these.
I have tried with Roy's B25, but on re-compiling it runs into an error and a line buffer error, now extending the line buffer does not seem to make any difference as the sca will not recompile. Even just sca-ing the Fs9 mdl and then re-compiling without touching the entries, it will not re-compile then!!! grrrr!!

I hope someone else may have more luck, as this is a nice model. Or a bit of hex-ing if someone knows the hex string for the water rudder and say the cfs2 tail hook commands??

Cheers

Shessi

Hi Shessi,

Here are the hex strings for the water rudder and tailhook. I also included the spoiler if you would like to go that way.

58 7b 9f 77 15 a3 fe 4e a1 7c bc 4d 5e 5d 47 8f tailhook
6d 5f 7e dc a3 33 83 41 ac 11 99 7a 0e 14 57 5a r_spoiler
8c f4 3f 2f 1d 27 6c 4c 9d 60 57 48 bf e7 35 28 Water rudder deflection angle

Regards,
B24Guy

Shessi
March 5th, 2013, 16:48
B24,

A big thank you! After all these years I've finally worked out where the hex strings come from (guidparam), read in a weird paired and string order?%*&$£!! I've hexed out the glightstates before, but not thought any further. I've mostly done it with sca and changing the format, recompiling etc, but this is relatively easy and much quicker.... ha ha!

I've taken out the CTD glightstates from this ac.

The only prob is that at start up and QC both your ac and the ai have all got their bomb bay doors open, hmmm is there a way to have the doors shut on start up etc???

BTW Do you know the hex string for aircraft visibility ie to show up or not? Thanks.

Nik,
I've set it up for spoiler (D- comand), just have to close the doors before TO.

If we can Roy's permission for the conversion and upload, I'll upload it.

Cheers Shessi

No Dice
March 5th, 2013, 17:16
I have emailed Roy for ya'll just now, please be aware that he suffered a severe neck injury in the later part of last year
and has not really recovered. He normally gets back as fast as possible.

I will update when I have one.

Dave

No Dice
March 5th, 2013, 19:12
here is our answer guys,

Hello Dave,

I am glad to say my neck is now completely healed :-)

There is no need to convert my B-25J for CFS2 because an 'Oficial version' already exists.

Unfortunately, we DO NOT allow any modifications to our RCS B-25J to be published on any websites. In fact I have alwalys taken legal action against anybody that tries, and there have been many attempts.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is an absolute NO NO.

I shall now keep my eye on SOH :-)

Kindest regards and best wishes,

Roy
RCS Panels

Dave

nik112
March 5th, 2013, 22:28
Thanks guys for your efforts
Its a pity that Roy doesn't allow to upload the model.

cheers

Shessi
March 6th, 2013, 09:02
Dave,
Thanks for getting in contact with Roy. A real shame, but I respect his stand on things, so it will go back in the box!

Cheers

Shessi

No Dice
March 6th, 2013, 09:16
He did not say you could not convert it, You just can't upload it.

At least that is what I see.

Dave