PDA

View Full Version : windows vista..new updates

Daveroo
March 4th, 2013, 18:01
when you get that icon on the lower right that says you have new updates avalible..you click and a window opens and you can just download/install or look at what they are and pick and chose...well now...what if the installs given wont install..i mean ive tried several times to run the installer..wouldnt work..they are for microsoft office ## which i dont even have...well duh!! huh?...so why am i even getting these updates..the office ones arent the only ones that i dont need..but everyday that icon shows up..same 30 or so "updates" for the same 3 or 4 programs i dont even have..and when i unclick them..deselect?..and close it..it wont go away and comes back the next reboot....what can i do???

IanHenry
March 4th, 2013, 23:55
Hi, if it's anything like Windows 7, you can right click the update and select "Hide update" Regards, Ian.

demorier
March 5th, 2013, 00:14
Yeah...I do the "hide" thing to...works for me.

Odie
March 5th, 2013, 09:23
when you get that icon on the lower right that says you have new updates avalible..you click and a window opens and you can just download/install or look at what they are and pick and chose...well now...what if the installs given wont install..i mean ive tried several times to run the installer..wouldnt work..they are for microsoft office ## which i dont even have...well duh!! huh?...so why am i even getting these updates..the office ones arent the only ones that i dont need..but everyday that icon shows up..same 30 or so "updates" for the same 3 or 4 programs i dont even have..and when i unclick them..deselect?..and close it..it wont go away and comes back the next reboot....what can i do???

Dave, I believe there's a section where you can check a box to recieve updates for "other" Microsoft products. I have the Office suite so I checked mine to get them. Take a look at the Windows Update preferences/options and see if
that's the case. I'm running the 64bit version of Vista. I also get updates on video/sound drivers for the cards I have installed as well.

Daveroo
March 5th, 2013, 14:45
thanks odie..that did it...dave