PDA

View Full Version : ORBX Wales is released.

Roger
March 2nd, 2013, 16:59
http://www.flightsimstore.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=orbx+eu+wales&x=0&y=0

Dave Torkington
March 2nd, 2013, 22:52
More screenies here sold it to me...

http://www.fullterrain.com/product_euwls.html

England's green and pleasant... Now Wales has the Green Green Grass of home :applause::applause:

Firekitten
March 3rd, 2013, 02:45
I've got it... I'm not as impressed as I could be... It seems to be Cardiff airport with addon scenery... not vice versa.... (Seems they cared more about the big iron fliers and similar types than anyone else, heck their own website had 3/4 of the pictures of the COUNTRY were of Cardiff airport and its pretty approach lights.)

England missed a number of VRP's from quite prominent locations in the north, and its rather frame heavy compared to the original team's work... Don't get me wrong, its incredible compared to what came before it... but does make me feel a little sad panda at the price.

(Bitch bitch whine I'll shut up now and go hide in the corner)

Roger
March 3rd, 2013, 05:13
Really enjoying it...until I tried a flight from EGFF, which is included in the Wales package. Unfortunately some of the vegitation is not Dx10 compatible and I'm not going back to Dx9 for the forseeable future. I've posted in the ORBX support forum so I'm hoping for a patch soon.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/03/03/8A42m.jpg

Roger
March 3rd, 2013, 05:24
Just seen my topic locked by John Venema due to a similar topic to mine also posted! As ORBX always ask customers not to piggy-back on to existing support posts, I started a new one. The directive is to disable grass in the airport control panel.

Firekitten
March 3rd, 2013, 05:24
I never got the dx10 fad... I'm happy using dx9 and sweet fx for my atmosphere... nice combo, and I can use all my aircraft and scenery. Runs faster too...

Well if someone else already asked about the problem, I guess they have it in hand, I can understand wanting to report it too... but if everyone did it... messy.

Roger
March 3rd, 2013, 05:26
I never got the dx10 fad... I'm happy using dx9 and sweet fx for my atmosphere... nice combo, and I can use all my aircraft and scenery. Runs faster too...

After following The recommendations on the Avsim Dx10 forum I have such a stable FsX now, that returning to stutters and bland seascapes in Dx9 is not an option. I've been Dx10 for about 6 months.

TeaSea
March 3rd, 2013, 05:51
oooohhhh....interesting.

I'm just finishing up my explorations of 'ole Blighty....

On to new skies!

Firekitten
March 3rd, 2013, 05:51
I never had stutters... but my fsx was tweaked up anyway, I tried dx10 with the new shaders etc but didnt like it.

spotlope
March 3rd, 2013, 06:20
I'm working on a patch for the DX10 grass issue, but I haven't wrapped up the work yet. Rest assured, we're on it.

griphos
March 3rd, 2013, 07:00
I'm not a DX10'er, but its nice to see there is effort to support those who prefer DX10. Good work!

But, I'm concerned about the precedent of charging full region price for such an incredibly small bit of scenery, even with a nice airport added. I won't be getting it for that reason. To match the good value of the high price for regions in NA or Oz or NZ, they should have done England and Wales together, and then Scotland and Ireland together as just two packages. I realize its a new team, and JV was probably anxious to get revenue generating scenery out there, so released England while still working on Wales. Or maybe this was the plan all along. If the latter, then my days of getting pretty much everything Orbx releases are over.

I understand that there is a lot of work that goes into everything Orbx does, regions in particular. That's why I buy most of the payware airports even if I don't use them much. I want to support the work and the addon airports add a lot to a region. But Wales isn't a region, its a corner of a region. And I probably wouldn't have bought EGFF because I'm not a big airport guy.

Perhaps this will work for them, and many will be happy paying this price for this little scenery. We'll see I guess. But if this is the new normal for region size, then I certainly won't buy them if I get the quality in them that I got in England. At this size they'd better be little jewels, with at least the attention to detail I see in the preview shots of the forthcoming SAK, which is a region!

Roger
March 3rd, 2013, 08:21
I'm working on a patch for the DX10 grass issue, but I haven't wrapped up the work yet. Rest assured, we're on it.

That's good to hear Bill:applause:

kilo delta
March 3rd, 2013, 09:08
Anyone got some shots of Anglesey and The Mach Loop areas?:jump:

DennyBoy
March 3rd, 2013, 10:42
Hi

I have the FTX England scenery, wonder if the Wales scenery is copatible with it ?

I login in at ORBX, but for some risen I´m not allowed to post in the forum !? So I take the chance to make a quest here.

Best Regard
DennyBoy

nio
March 3rd, 2013, 10:46
[QUOTE=griphos;788066 But Wales isn't a region, its a corner of a region...............

Perhaps this will work for them, and many will be happy paying this price for this little scenery. We'll see I guess. But if this is the new normal for region size, then I certainly won't buy them if I get the quality in them that I got in England. At this size they'd better be little jewels, with at least the attention to detail I see in the preview shots of the forthcoming SAK, which is a region![/QUOTE]

Griph. Wales is about the same size as Israel, if it makes you feel any better.

Best

nio

danielm
March 3rd, 2013, 13:29
EU Wales 20,780 sq km

US Canada Northern Rocky Mountains 570,000 sq km

What a bargain.

ncooper
March 3rd, 2013, 21:53
Or for 7 dollars more you can have 7,659,861 sq km of Australia.

noddy
March 3rd, 2013, 22:13
Well nearly everything in Britain is more expensive, cars, fuel etc. so guess this just follows the trend.

:icon_lol:

Motormouse
March 4th, 2013, 00:43
My rig doesn't have X installed as it wont run it, however I have to wonder whats going on at threshold of rwy 30, the road, entrance to Porthkerry village, should be below the level of the runway. Likewise the radar head has been removed from the roof of the terminal building and replaced with a remote head (scanner) on southside of airport (alongside the firefighters' iron bomber) since 2011.

ttfn

Pete

Firekitten
March 4th, 2013, 02:16
Regarding whether ftx england and ftx wales are compatible... yes, they are, they are both part of the ftx europe region, so yep, they work.

My only real complaint, is that as you fly across the border, time seems to wind back 20 years... is this a bug they intend to fix with the next patch? :D

Motormouse
March 4th, 2013, 03:25
Funny, timewarp thing never happened to me

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b193/motormouse/J41_cwl_1.jpg

One of the things 'bout my job, sometimes get to do this... final rwy 30 at Cardiff

ttfn

Pete