OT but who'd want to miss this ( watch at full screen HD ) :

http://youtu.be/rGfQQWOsoB8

For the perfect sound you'd best be outside :

http://youtu.be/M-I4hZah_Pc

cheers,
jan

PRB
March 1st, 2013, 18:38
I'm just not sure it's possible to get any more awesome that that. Something that FS has to get with is the sound of props synced, and un synced. That's cool as heck. Whummm - whummm - whumm - whuuuuuuuuummmmmmm. That's good stuff. We need that in FS! Thanks Javis!

- Paul

Whitehawk
March 1st, 2013, 22:19
Seeing KA114 live was indescribable! What a machine :jawdrop:

fliger747
March 2nd, 2013, 08:17
Every piston pounder multi driver learns to sync the props. The Turbines I flew had an auto synchro phase which was great of it worked. Do remember syncing a 4 engine Dash 7 by hand....

the infamous Washing Machine Charlie over Guadalcanal supposedly purposely un synced the engines to be as irritating as possible, in addition to any few bombs he might scatter around at night.

Cheers. T

Roger
March 2nd, 2013, 08:50
Spectacular! Thanks for sharing Jan:ernae:

Bomber_12th
March 2nd, 2013, 11:29
I'm just not sure it's possible to get any more awesome that that. Something that FS has to get with is the sound of props synced, and un synced. That's cool as heck. Whummm - whummm - whumm - whuuuuuuuuummmmmmm. That's good stuff. We need that in FS! Thanks Javis!

That's one of the parts (of many) that I've always enjoyed in the movie "Dambusters", which as I recall that sound is well captured when the Lancs are taking off.

Ian Warren
March 2nd, 2013, 12:15
Never get sick off seeing these , just brilliant ... I was in a Avro Anson the other week and one thing i pointed out was how small the seats were, pilot , nav , radio operators , a study off the Mosquito cockpit just shows how little room there is and with the dedicated bomber version with the glazed nose shows just how small a area it is to get to the bomb site , I'm not big by any means but obvious they would have had to remake the seats for today's 2013 person.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

mrogers
March 2nd, 2013, 13:11
I had the opportunity to sit in the cockpit of a preserved Mosquito. Man the cockpit is small, only just enough room to move around in, and the paddle props are so close they look so huge in front of where I'm sitting. Everything is original, all the instruments are there including the radio set behind the seats with its red and blue dials, untouched since the 1950's. It is a BIG aircraft when youre standing right up close to it. This Mossie sits in a barn, no kidding. Gosh, the cockpit smelled musty. It used to have its engines run now and then years ago, but the exhausts have now been sealed over, presumably for preservation. I noticed the original tires on it look fatter and bigger and had square treads on it. The tires on KA114 are modern ones with a straight tread and look thinner and a bit smaller.
I wasn't able to go see KA114, unfortunately, but I've enjoyed watching the videos of it including the ones you've posted, Javis. Just awesome!