PDA

View Full Version : CP-107 Argus FS9/FSX still alive...

lazarus
March 1st, 2013, 08:10
http://canadairargus.blogspot.ca/

My, this is looking very nice...

wallyboard
March 1st, 2013, 08:57
Glad to see this going forward.

delta_lima
March 1st, 2013, 09:22
I had no idea about this project!

Between that and Gary Russell's Yukon/Britannia/CL-44 (these being in beta), this completely under-represented family of planes may see soon take to the FSX skies. I've had Gary's Yukon and CL-44 beta for about a year now - and it's astonishingly lovely.

I've seen the one in Comox - it's a big plane! Thanks for the news about the Argus.

DL

DennyA
March 3rd, 2013, 10:12
Looks like he's building an FS9 model and doing a portover to FSX. Doesn't look like there will be an FSX-native version, though I didn't read back through all the blog entries...

Moses03
March 3rd, 2013, 10:29
I had no idea about this project!

Me neither!

Always liked the lines of the Argus. For us mostly FS9 guys this is good news.

Ian Warren
March 3rd, 2013, 15:14
Have a very good mate in Wobblyville (ex-Christchurch) who had a chance for a ride in one during its last Fincastle Trophy in Australia 1980 i think , i do no New Zealand won it that year :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

harrybasset
April 26th, 2014, 02:51
Is there any news of progress/release of this project?

Anneke
April 26th, 2014, 05:00
Click the link: http://canadairargus.blogspot.ca/ (http://canadairargus.blogspot.ca/)

rpjkw
April 26th, 2014, 05:41
Thanks for the heads-up! I'll have to keep an eye on the progress. I've always liked the CL-44 and a new FS9/FSX model would be most welcome.

Bob

harrybasset
April 26th, 2014, 23:14
This is one approach to Flight Sim development of apparently not releasing to the community until everything is perfect. Other developers take the approach of bringing their project to a reasonable standard, releasing it, then periodically releasing updated versions. I would prefer to have something to fly and add updates later but as I have been unable to develop modelling skills I must be patient.

Autolite
February 10th, 2017, 14:53
Is there any news of progress/release of this project?

I read about this a few years ago and decided to check back on it again. Does anybody know if a CP 107 Argus model was completed and released for FS9? I was very much hoping to see an Argus aircraft for FS9 and I was very much looking forward to it. I am unable to find a file download anywhere.

What happened to this work in progress? Does anybody know???

Bjoern
February 10th, 2017, 16:18
The last update was in 2014, so this pretty much means the project is dead in the water.

Autolite
February 10th, 2017, 16:32
The last update was in 2014, so this pretty much means the project is dead in the water.

Yeah, that's really too bad. It's pretty evident that there was a nice working model made. I wonder why the guy just didn't release what he had done so far. It seems like all that was left were some minor details.

Back in 1980, I was in Comox B.C. (Canada) where the CP 107 Argus was still an operational aircraft. The noise and flames from those huge radials snarling away was really something to behold. It was a very majestic aircraft, the Canadair Argus...

Autolite
March 11th, 2017, 12:29

Today is 11 March 2017. I recently contacted the developer for this CP 107 Argus model. He told me that he had just 'lost interest'. I know nothing at all about creating or developing an aircraft model myself but I can appreciate that it would be a highly labour and time intensive project.

Can anyone describe for me just how much skill, knowledge and drive would be involved? What level of computer skills would be required? I find the idea of developing my own aircraft fascinating but I have absolutely no idea where I would even start.

If I wanted to 'build' my own Argus model, would I start with an existing model like the Bristol Britannia???

hairyspin
March 11th, 2017, 13:21
It takes a fair bit of work and a good deal of persistence to build an aircraft model, but let Milton Shupe introduce you to the business in his tutorial video (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/103701-Gmax-Video-Tutorial-Series-Beginning-Modeler?p=1062246&viewfull=1#post1062246) series. I learned from his original text & pictures series and can't recommend the videos too highly. My first complete model was released to the Library not long ago, so you can learn too.

Sundog
March 11th, 2017, 14:48
Today is 11 March 2017. I recently contacted the developer for this CP 107 Argus model. He told me that he had just 'lost interest'. I know nothing at all about creating or developing an aircraft model myself but I can appreciate that it would be a highly labour and time intensive project.

Can anyone describe for me just how much skill, knowledge and drive would be involved? What level of computer skills would be required? I find the idea of developing my own aircraft fascinating but I have absolutely no idea where I would even start.

If I wanted to 'build' my own Argus model, would I start with an existing model like the Bristol Britannia???

Maybe you could ask him what he thinks of the SOH Community finishing it, similar to what Milton does for many of his releases now?

Autolite
March 11th, 2017, 15:29
Maybe you could ask him what he thinks of the SOH Community finishing it, similar to what Milton does for many of his releases now?

If I hear from him again perhaps I might do that! I didn't want to press him on why he just decided to stop. I know nothing about the amount of work involved. I was thinking that maybe there where other personal reasons why he would have just abandoned the project without releasing what he had already accomplished. I didn't want to ask because I don't really understand why he wouldn't have just released what he had so far...