PDA

View Full Version : Casey Stoner on pace in first Clipsal 500

wombat666
February 28th, 2013, 06:21
<tbody>
Might 'only be the Level 2 Series' this year but if he does well enough Casey will probably make the grade to drive in the Endurance rounds, Bathurst, Sandown, Philip island and so on!:jump:

Casey Stoner was on pace in the first practice sessions of his debut race weekend of the Dunlop V8 Supercar series in Adelaide.
"In general, it wasn't as daunting as I thought it would be, it's a bit more easy to deal with," said Stoner.

The former MotoGP champion was eighth overall, just under seven tenths from the best time set by Dale Woods.
"I'm pretty happy to be honest. We still need to make some improvements with the car, but it's also me getting used to the car, getting used to the track, getting used to having cars around me and not being able to turn around and check who's behind me, having to use the mirrors instead. Everyone has been really good to us today. There are all sorts of things to contend with, but in general it's been a lot of fun today," said Stoner.

Going from two to four wheels is not Stoner's only thing to learn, the Clipsal 500 also means his first real experience of a street circuit.
"It was a little bit different to begin with, going from a bike to a car, but you learn to run with it - that's the edge of the track and that's all you've got. There's obviously still work to do and I'm not placing any expectations on the weekend, but I’m certainly having fun and looking forward to the race tomorrow," said Stoner.

</tbody>

The current Chevrolet SS is a re-badged 'Holden Commodore SS fitted with ridiculously oversize engine............ :kilroy:

82089 82091

Daveroo
February 28th, 2013, 18:09
i hope he does really well.and i wish we got better coverage of the super cars ect here in the states.