PDA

View Full Version : MAAM TBM Avenger props needed

Warrant
January 7th, 2009, 18:20
Hi people,

Are there any FSX SP2 acceleration etc prop files available without Tree/building/cloud problems for the excellent but unfortunately FS9 only MAAM SIM TBM Avenger? :help:

cheezyflier
January 7th, 2009, 18:24
they make great models, i sure wish they would step into FSX like everyone else.

JAMIE
January 7th, 2009, 18:27
That is why I still have fs9

Javis
January 7th, 2009, 19:02
Daniel Dunn is converting our FS9 Turkey to native FSX, guys. Shouldn't take that long anymore.

Might even be followed by our DC-3/C-47...

Cheers,
Jan :wave:

MCDesigns
January 7th, 2009, 19:10
Hi people,

Are there any FSX SP2 acceleration etc prop files available without Tree/building/cloud problems for the excellent but unfortunately FS9 only MAAM SIM TBM Avenger? :help:

Doesn't matter, it is a setting in the material when you assign the texture to the prop before compiling. best you can do is increase (or add) the alpha to make it less noticeable.
I have a few ports that I enjoy and that is what I do, better than sticking with FS9, LOL ;)

MCDesigns
January 7th, 2009, 19:12
Daniel Dunn is converting our FS9 Turkey to native FSX, guys. Shouldn't take that long anymore.

Cheers,

YIPPEE!! :ernae:

Great news Jan!

Alexraptor
January 8th, 2009, 01:36
I want my MAAM B-25 ported to FSX, i miss flying it :(

IanP
January 8th, 2009, 01:41
There's an FSX compatibility patch that works (as an FS9 port) very well in FSX/SP2/Accel, Alex... I have both the R4D and BT ported across.

I've never managed to succesfully get the Turkey working in FSX unfortunately. I believe others have.

Ian P.

Alexraptor
January 8th, 2009, 01:48
There's an FSX compatibility patch that works (as an FS9 port) very well in FSX/SP2/Accel, Alex... I have both the R4D and BT ported across.

I've never managed to succesfully get the Turkey working in FSX unfortunately. I believe others have.

Ian P.

Aside frome the odd "black parts" anomaly and vanishing glass textures :p
And the non native nature of it eating up performance and having missing objects here and there.

IanP
January 8th, 2009, 03:17
There are no missing parts following installation of the compatibility patch and there is a replacement glass texture. There are also screenshots around here somewhere (post crash, so they should still be here) to prove it. If not, I'll happily repost them.

Edit: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=4474 showing it working in Acceleration and, apparently, in DX10 where it has a few more black parts, specifically the prop spinners.

I don't say that something is compatible with FSX SP2 unless it works as it should be seen with the exception of the autogen interaction problems with transparencies.

Ian P.

Warrant
January 8th, 2009, 05:47

Cheers,

That is great news. I know many people will enjoy this bird in FSX. :ernae::applause::ernae:

Till then i'll go for the Alpha tweak.

IanP
January 8th, 2009, 06:11
Yup. I definitely hope that comes to fruition. I'd really, really, like to see the R4D flying in native FSX format for starters, but wouldn't object at all to the Turkey, either. :)

Ian P.

Alexraptor
January 8th, 2009, 07:26
There are no missing parts following installation of the compatibility patch and there is a replacement glass texture. There are also screenshots around here somewhere (post crash, so they should still be here) to prove it. If not, I'll happily repost them.

Edit: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=4474 showing it working in Acceleration and, apparently, in DX10 where it has a few more black parts, specifically the prop spinners.

I don't say that something is compatible with FSX SP2 unless it works as it should be seen with the exception of the autogen interaction problems with transparencies.

Ian P.

There is a missing part of one of the "sights" on the second screenshot :p
It looks like a piece of glass hovering in midair.
Either way it just a small thing, the worst part is that non-native FSX models just kill performance on my system :(

IanP
January 8th, 2009, 08:12
Either way it just a small thing, the worst part is that non-native FSX models just kill performance on my system :(

That is, unfortunately, a downside. I don't seem to get any hit at all from BT or the R4D, but some other models absolutely slaughter my framerate. I sincerely hope that the plans to make FSX native models come to fruition. :)

Cheers,

Ian P.