PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using IE10 for Windows 7-just released

papab
February 26th, 2013, 08:08
Microsoft just released for W7....

Has anyone tried it with W8 or W7?
What do you think of it's performance and ease of use
Also can you transfer "Favorites" over to IE10?

http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Info/Downloads/Default.html

Rick

Bobr2
February 26th, 2013, 09:19
Microsoft just released for W7....

Has anyone tried it with W8 or W7?
What do you think of it's performance and ease of use
Also can you transfer "Favorites" over to IE10?

http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Info/Downloads/Default.html

Rick

Yes for about 6 mon. now I like it a lot. When I had my custom computer made then installed Win. 7 and IE 10. it should transfer Favorites. With all new computer started Favorites over.

Navy Chief
February 26th, 2013, 09:19
I know nothing about it, but will investigate; thanks! NC

Here is a review about it:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2415871,00.asp

Rami
February 26th, 2013, 09:34
Good afternoon,

One of my friends installed it and was having a lot of trouble with it.

Loading times were atrocious, several websites were incompatible with IE 10, and thus the pages weren't loading at all, and when she tried to rollback her computer to IE 9, the software could not be removed successfully; she even tried a system restore with no luck.

I'll stick to my FireFox for now.

wombat666
February 26th, 2013, 09:48
As long as my butt points downward I will not use IE in any version.
End of story, Firefox suits my needs.
:kilroy:

WarHorse47
February 26th, 2013, 11:31
No problems here.

Have a new box (since mid-January) running Windows 8, and only encountered one issue with IE 10 so far.

Only problem is with my posts at SOH in that that WYSIWYG settings doesn't provide allow for paragraph spacing. I have to switch to the Standard Editor to type this post. If I want an emcon, I have to switch back to the WYSiWYG setup. This is the only forum with that issue with IE 10 (Ickie is aware of the issue).

Bring in my favorites from the older XP machine was not an issue.

Kiwikat
February 26th, 2013, 13:31
Why would anyone use IE? :S

n4gix
February 26th, 2013, 14:48
Why would anyone use IE? :S

Seriously? Because it does work for us without problems? I don't change software just for the sake of saying "no" to MS. If and or when it should stop working reliably, then I will think about another browser.

OTOH, I hated Outlook so much that I stuck with Netscape's email client for decades. I finally had no choice but to switch to Mozilla/Firebird when I set up my new development computer, since Netscape has long since vanished from the cosmos. :mix-smi:

Kiwikat
February 26th, 2013, 15:57
Seriously? Because it does work for us without problems? I don't change software just for the sake of saying "no" to MS. If and or when it should stop working reliably, then I will think about another browser.

There are a couple things we can't do with Firefox at work, so we are stuck using IE from time to time. It has more than earned its nickname of "Internet Exploder". :mixedsmi:

Never have any problems with Firefox or Chrome...

papab
February 26th, 2013, 18:39
Thanks for the feedback....
Rick

Crusader
April 1st, 2013, 04:03
No problems here.

Have a new box (since mid-January) running Windows 8, and only encountered one issue with IE 10 so far.

Only problem is with my posts at SOH in that that WYSIWYG settings doesn't provide allow for paragraph spacing. I have to switch to the Standard Editor to type this post. If I want an emcon, I have to switch back to the WYSiWYG setup. This is the only forum with that issue with IE 10 (Ickie is aware of the issue).

Bring in my favorites from the older XP machine was not an issue.

WarHorse47 : Sorry to rehash a topic that everyone loves to talk about(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif) , I just switched to IE10 (running Win7-64bit) . I personally don't have any major problems with it other than a few quirks that you have described . I noticed when I am at the end of the thread I am writing and want to tab down 3 or 4 spaces to put my name , it won't let me . IE 10 is very fast , I have not ran into sites yet I could not access . Security is suppose to be much better with this version .We will just to wait for a fix . In the mean time I'll try your work around .

Ickie
April 1st, 2013, 04:18
IE-10 isn't broke, it's vbulletin, our forum makers.
they (vbulletin) are working on a fix coming soon.

Crusader
April 1st, 2013, 04:25
IE-10 isn't broke, it's vbulletin, our forum makers.
they (vbulletin) are working on a fix coming soon. Thanks Ickie for clearing this up for me . I'm terrible with typing anyway and I need all the help I can get !:icon_lol:

Ickie
April 1st, 2013, 05:37
I was just over at vbulletin, they are re-writting the code for the editor we use and will be available in their next update 4.2.1.